Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

The daily anything thread.

Astro_Equinox

Otherhearted
Otherkin
Furry
Alterhuman
They/Them
I find it kinda funny that often times along with being described as "nostalgic" or "familar", Liminal Spaces are also often considered "Unsettling". Then there is me who finds a comfort of sorts in them, no idea why.

FoxyAnimations

Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other (see signature)
I find it kinda funny that often times along with being described as "nostalgic" or "familar", Liminal Spaces are also often considered "Unsettling". Then there is me who finds a comfort of sorts in them, no idea why.
That's really common. While I am the complete opposite- (its a trigger to me because of someone really terrible I knew was obsessed with liminal spaces and weirdcore and sh, whenever I see it I think of them and it's just a bother ack)

Astro_Equinox

Otherhearted
Otherkin
Furry
Alterhuman
They/Them
My sibling doesn't like them since "I feel like some new cryptid is in there" which, honestly. I feel like I should be the thing expect to be lurking somewhere in the background idk why.

Foxcore

She/Her
It's very interesting to find a lot of other folks who don't find liminal spaces creepy. My wife and I had a conversation several weeks ago in which she mentioned that she finds them calming, and doesn't understand why people find them creepy, and I kinda agree as well.

CaraKin

Asexual Pride
Therianthrope
Fictionkin
Any/All
Living in Oregon is a riot because none of the meteorologists can predict the forecast accurately, so everyone in my area relies on this one sandbar on the Willamette river to gauge water levels. Now, we get flash flood warnings every other Tuesday, but nobody pays attention because we're in a valley with a river on each side, so we're flooded to some degree for like half the year. So, of course, we look to the sandbar. As long as it's there, we don't give a crap. But the Willamette just not only covered the sandbar, but flooded its banks and washed away a car. And nobody put out a flash flood warning the one time there was a genuine flash flood. I'm not even mad, I just find all of this amusing.

Akriel

Pansexual Pride
Fictionkin
Otherkin
Other (see signature)
I'd gotten super far into Gacha Club, the app crashed, I had to re-download it, and when I got it back I'd lost all my progress! It's a sad day today. :cryjag:
Hmm, I do like these...

FoxyAnimations

Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other (see signature)
I'd gotten super far into Gacha Club, the app crashed, I had to re-download it, and when I got it back I'd lost all my progress! It's a sad day today. :cryjag:
Hmm, I do like these...
I also like gacha club! Sorry you lost your progress though. I make my local piggy infected in it bc its fun to mess around with their more human like designs heh.

Akriel

Pansexual Pride
Fictionkin
Otherkin
Other (see signature)
I also like gacha club! Sorry you lost your progress though. I make my local piggy infected in it bc its fun to mess around with their more human like designs heh.
My favorites were the variations of Crydiaa, I had them all to level 100; they looked so good!

KinDD

Otherkin
He/Him
When you have to clean up the puke of others, because they had a party night.
sick puke GIF

She/Her
I really enjoy watching the summer night sky. It is so clear and the darker it is, the better you can see the shining stars.
For me, stars are living sparks, that leave human flesh after death, going back to their source. Beloved gone people watching from above over their relatives. :)

Winter'sTouch

Demiboy Pride
Xenogender Pride
Furry
Otherkin
It/Its
I'm thinking of starting a garden. Foxglove, lily of the vally, morning glory, oleander, wolfsbane. If only we knew how to keep plants alive...

Arson

Genderfluid Pride
Otherhearted
Otherkin
It/Its
Same problem here. I want a garden, or at least some plants in my room, but I am a huge disaster at keeping them alive. At the moment I've got two cactus, but anything else would die.

CaraKin

Asexual Pride
Therianthrope
Fictionkin
Any/All
I'm thinking of starting a garden. Foxglove, lily of the vally, morning glory, oleander, wolfsbane. If only we knew how to keep plants alive...
Poison garden, eh? I'm jealous. I don't have room for that many, but I have foxglove and lily-of-the-valley, and I can give you advice on those if you want to DM me!

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Aromantic Pride
Therianthrope
Asexual Pride
Xe/Xem
A poison garden indeed! If you start one, maybe be careful of the location. If it's in an area where a lot of children and animals pass by, maybe reconsider. But a sectioned off back garden should be fine!

FoxyAnimations

Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other (see signature)
Random fact: a long time ago Piggy animation memes were on the news and they complained about the memes being too "disturbing for children" and how they shouldn't be on YouTube an be reported, y'know, INSTEAD OF JUST BLOCKING THE VIDEOS?

RowanWolf

A wolf in human's clothing
Staff member
Guardian
Crow
Non-Binary Pride
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherhearted
Genderfluid Pride
Otherkin
Therianthrope
They/Them
Random fact: a long time ago Piggy animation memes were on the news and they complained about the memes being too "disturbing for children" and how they shouldn't be on YouTube an be reported, y'know, INSTEAD OF JUST BLOCKING THE VIDEOS?
This is, historically, how folkel have reacted to everything. You should read about the history of video games back in the 1990s and early 2000s. There was an argument going around that video games were too violent and were corrupting the youth. All that crap. Just like rock music before that.

And before there was video game censorship, there was comic book censorship. Look up the Comics Code Authority. If you see old comic books with this symbol in the top corner of the front cover:
Approved_by_the_Comics_Code_Authority.gif
that's what that is. That was kind of twofold, because you had McCarthyism and also moral panic over the things depicted in comics. Folkel historically cannot currate their own and their children's media experience and therefore want to have control over everyone's.