• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

The Daily Positivity Thread

LunastreDraconis

Celestial Draconian Queen 🌔
My health is slowly, and finally recovering for the time being... I hope it stays that way as soon as I remember my true draconian heart better!... ^.=.^

Last edited by a moderator:

Zicoxite

My mental health and performance at work have made a huge upswing now that I've blown off some steam! I tend to go way too long without blowing off steam, and I need to make it part of my regular personal maintenance routine.

Zicoxite

The privacy window cling sheets I put in my bedroom window are prismatic, so they make rainbows all over my bedspread in the morning!

Last edited by a moderator:

Muffin

Working on improving relationship with fur-baby (first dog I have ever owned, any advice on the topic of dogs would be great!) 

Keeping an additional two fur-babies (bunnies) appeased while also having play time for them, feels awesome!

Vintage

A few things:

-Slowly conquering driving to and from brookville, which is a bit far from me. Still new to driving distances, but slowly getting the hang of it.

-I'm happy with my muscle building workout routine

-two 'major' art months are coming up. Looking forward to them, but we'll see how much art I actually make. Progress on the terrestrial zhu ref is going smooth, although it is really just black and white drawings. Important none the less, which is why I want to take my time on it.

LunastreDraconis

Celestial Draconian Queen 🌔
Luckily for me, I have been remembering my true draconian heart enough for my human body and mind to enjoy life once again, and now that I am at school again, I feel very energized and happy! ^.=.^

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
VIP
This too shall pass.

A phrase all too underappreciated, that it works when times are well and when times are bad. A reminder that nothing is forever in a sort of sobering manner as it extends to all things. I prefer to look upon it as motivational.

Sevesh

I am presently planning on improving my situation in life, things are looking up with my SO, and in general I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time.  It's a nice place to be at honestly.

That is some truly positive news, Sevesh! I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up for you in life! Hope is a powerful thing, and I hope that you are able to keep this positive feeling for a long, long time!

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
OK, I confess: I was always afraid of spiders. Couldn't even get close to them most of my life. Two days ago, a found a big (about 2 inch) house spider in our hallway. Normally I'd have whacked it, but this time... nope. After a short moment of surprise, I completely calmed down, collected some tools, captured it with no problem, and set it outside.

I never ever did this before. Made me a bit proud of myself :smilederg:

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
There was an absolutly perfect, beautiful rainbow on the way to school today! ^-^ Im so happy I got to see it on my birthday. And a little bee friend came to say hello to me!! Haha ❤️ 

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
(Its taken forever but I've finally convinced Pearl to start taking better care of herself. She's actually eating full meals now! Which for her sadly is a lot as she'll still throw some of it up... but we're making progress! )

NoPetalsLeft

Developer
Reviving this thread to say: I applied to a freelance writing website a few days ago, hoping it would be another way to earn money despite my ankle and health issues. The website I signed up for has star ratings for each author, from 2 stars to 5 stars. (I'm assuming if you drop to 1 star you're kicked off of the website lol) You send in a writing sample for them to grade you for your initial rating, and I just got my grade for my sample: 4 stars. Which is the highest star rating you can start with, as 5 star writers are the ones grading others' writing and giving feedback. Starting out at 4 stars means I get paid more per word I write, and assuming that the work I do on the website is still high quality, I will be able to take a test to get to 5 stars in a few months instead of just writing for months and hoping one of the 5 star writers decides to promote me. This is kind of a big deal to me, it's not much money but it's a start at least!