The "How Was Your Day" Thread | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

The "How Was Your Day" Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hyenas, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    All large forums seem to have one of these, and I honestly love them. It gives people a place to vent or share their happiness, generally converse, and perhaps make connections. I feel like every forum needs one; it's like a meeting place of sorts. I hope that it will stay alive and well with activity! I didn't see one on here, but if there is any issue with it then I apologize in advance. ^^;

A quick note: I don't believe that long debates should happen here, as it's not really the place. Let's keep the thread supportive and fluid, yeah?

As for my day, it was pretty average. I didn't get too stressed about anything as per usual lately, so that's nice. I'm glad we had a long weekend so that the week went by quickly.

2. Devagraha

Devagraha Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ1.25
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Excellent idea! :)
    As for my day, the per usual; had gone by quite fast, didn't necessarily run into any problems that would tip the favor into 'bad day'. I was also in quite the calm, relaxed mood throughout. =]
    ~
    Devagraha

3. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.56
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    My day was pretty stressful. I am having multiple problems with my HTC One M9, and my wireless carrier is being absolutely useless in helping to resolve them.

4. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Thank you! And that was pretty much my day. Hard to be too relaxed with school, though.

I'm sorry that your day was full of stress. I've become too familiar with that lately.

I just finished mowing the lawn with my dad. I'm a little tired, having to use a push mower, but the weather was perfect - cloudy and windy, right before a storm. It's thundering now, and it's put me in a great mood. Storms, when not crazy loud and destructive, fill me with peace.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calico

Calico The Shrink
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ19.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    My day moved rather slowly and was somewhat anxiety-filled, but it wasn't all bad in that I was also productive and more social than usual :)

6. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    My day was amazing until a few hours ago.
    I went to lunch with my Godfather for my birthday (which is tomorrow) and I got a new phone, a few new pieces of clothes, and got my hair dyed.
    Then, around 6pm, my hip (which is mostly metal along with my femur bone) popped in a funny way and was incredibly painful, so I went to the local ER.
    The doctor there was very condescending, and treated me like an addict (I haven't been on medication for pain in over a month, and for 6 months before that) so it really upset me.
    The good news is my prosthetic hip socket is intact, just hurts really bad.
    But all in all, it wasn't a terrible day.

7. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Yeesh, I'm sorry, that sounds rough. I hope the pain has eased up by now. :/

My day so far has been alright, just woke up with a headache, which is the norm.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Do you know why that happens? I can't imagine having to deal with that, but I also don't get headaches.

Friend wants to go to the movies, but I'm not feeling it. I always want to stay home for the weekends. I can be incredibly introverted, and I feel bad for brushing people off so much but man, I just want some peace and time to work on things I want to do.

Since I broke into a rant, I'll put it under a spoiler.

The internet in general gets so bad in most places in the house for my phone the moment my dad starts using it, and he has the modem and router right on his desk. It's really pissing me off how much I have to struggle to catch the wifi. If he were in my shoes, it'd have been resolved by now.

It's not bad for my laptop, but I have a child's limit on it because my parents are old and hypocritical. So, I have to wait until 1:30 until I can log in without having to time myself with breaks and such since it doesn't tell you how much time you have left, as I'm only allowed 8 hours a day, but no matter what, I get locked out at 9:30. Yet everything I do is on it. I YEARN to roleplay, write, draw, etc. I can't even draw because I'm not an administrator of my own computer anymore, and it asks for the password when I want to use my art program as well as 99 other things. I only sketch on paper - I want to improve in the medium I use for finished art. I haven't even updated/installed a ton of programs that I need to because I'd need them to give the password hundreds of times in a row, and that'd not only take forever but they'd get irritated and want to continue with what they were doing. You'd think I was still in middle school with these limits.

My favorite thing is that my dad said to ask my mom weeks ago about getting rid of the limit (which was removed from when they did this in middle school), but lately everything's been the biggest deal to her and I am sure that she'll argue and yell and not listen to me, especially since they think they're helping me somehow with... Something. So, I haven't mentioned it. I want to and probably will very soon, especially since it's the weekend. I'm just incredibly tired of having to be so damn stressed out all the time, especially in relation to other people. I want a break for Christ's sake.

If I lived on my own with a good sum of money, I'd dedicate my time to other things, but at the moment I can do none of those things. I wish I lived out in the country with some land.

I wasn't that irritated when I started out this post, but now I am.

9. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    For my headaches, I have no idea, I struggle with them weekly.

But, woah, that sounds horrible. I couldn't stand living under restrictions like that. If it's important enough to you (which it seems like it is), I really think you should ask your mom. Maybe write her a letter, so you don't have to deal with seeing her get mad face-to-face? I hope they'll take off the limits, if not, I'd start saving money to buy my own laptop if I was you. Or, ask other family members to pitch in to help buy one. Either way, good luck, and I really hope things get better for you.

10. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    @Magic Thing is, it is my own laptop. I got it for my birthday a couple of years ago.

I can write a note, though she will inevitably confront me and nag me if she disagrees. It's bad to try and avoid things like this, but it's been nothing but arguing in this house lately (all with her), and it's driving me up a wall.

But thank you. (I always feel guilty going on full rants in public, but I don't have anyone around to personally vent to anymore.)

11. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    @Hyenas See, that isn't fair, remind her that it's yours while asking for her to take the restrictions off? I know arguing with family can be tough, I hate it as well. It might help if you do try talking to her, and share your feelings about how things have been lately; and what you need to have happen in order to be more comfortable at home. I'm always here if you want someone to rant to, also.

12. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    @Magic Yeah, I'll try my best. Not getting frustrated will be the hardest thing. And I'll keep that in mind, thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.56
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    My day on Friday & my day today been much better than yesterday. I was able to resolve the issue with my wireless phone provider, and got a brand new Galaxy Note 5 in the process. I went to see The Visit with @Sarah and it was decent. Currently, I am relaxing and playing games on my Wii U while responding to Kinmunity threads.

14. MoreThanUThink

MoreThanUThink The Ice Dragon
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Up & Down.
    I'm talking about the week, soz ^^
    Up stuff: No more English assignments for the rest of the year (yay), missed out on three days of school
    Down Stuff: Got badly sunburnt, had a headache for four days

Oh, and my laptop is still dead X(

15. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    My day
    Crap first off (I do not like The Cert. 3 Christian studies), gets good in the middle(I have Visual Communications & Design) then falls away at the end (I have English in which I have writers block since we're doing scripts).

16. Sudrolth

Sudrolth Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.01
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    [​IMG]
    Day was pretty good today. Having some weird mood swings but overall everything is generally fine so far.

17. Vaerynn

Vaerynn Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ25.71
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    It's been kind of a long day if I'm honest. Pretty tired. I'm not a functioning being before 10am....didn't sleep well... dunno what was going on last night but I apparently woke up screaming.

18. Lavrii

Lavrii Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ4.99
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    My day today was good. I'm just super sleepy today. Yawning every single minute.

19. Hyenas

Hyenas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.13
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Still annoyed with how horrible the internet is. Apparently, we have a new modem AND a new router now. The internet is actual garbage if you're not directly next to, below, or inside of my dad's room. I'm pretty sure there was nothing wrong with our previous modem/router, but he was told that it'd be faster so he got these new ones. I have to literally reach for two bars of wifi on my phone, as normally I only have one. I had to update my phone to ios 9 last night because the problem came up where their networks were messing up due to my IP or something. That fixed that issue, but the new video player on my phone is garbage because, even if you have the entire video loaded, as soon as you lose your internet connection/it goes bad/you go out of the video tab, the video will completely stop and will have to reload from the point it's at. WHY? Oh my god it's unbearable and makes this bad internet deal even worse.

I'll be going up to my grandparents' house after school Monday and coming back Tuesday, as my grandmother is having heart surgery. It's not big though, and she should be fine. My mom is going to stay up there somewhat since they're her parents but we have no idea for how long or any of that.

But to be positive, I have absolutely no homework this weekend.

20. Devagraha

Devagraha Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ1.25
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    My day was calm, again.
    I don't tend to have a lot of fun. >.<
    Anywho, I had a few ups and downs, one being I hadn't been able to sleep last night, (insomnia) so I was pretty eh; not exactly 'home' you could say, half the things said to me went in one ear, and had came out the other.
    ~
    Devagraha