Therian and religion

elinox

Well I dabbled in paganism first, before putting a name to my thoughts and feelings of being 'kin. So for me, paganism was sort of the doorway to otherkin since I was raised as a Christian in a fairly closeminded town. Things 'outside of the norm' weren't explored or talked about.

Now that I'm older and living in my own home, I'm free to explore any religion I choose. And after years of research, I've settled back on eclectic Wicca.

How this is connected to being 'kin for me is that during rituals, I always incorporate wolf things because adding in things to represent my 'kin type helps me feel closer to both my 'kin type and my deities. They're both closely interwoven.

Well I dabbled in paganism first, before putting a name to my thoughts and feelings of being 'kin. So for me, paganism was sort of the doorway to otherkin since I was raised as a Christian in a fairly closeminded town. Things 'outside of the norm' weren't explored or talked about.

Now that I'm older and living in my own home, I'm free to explore any religion I choose. And after years of research, I've settled back on eclectic Wicca.

How this is connected to being 'kin for me is that during rituals, I always incorporate wolf things because adding in things to represent my 'kin type helps me feel closer to both my 'kin type and my deities. They're both closely interwoven.

Why is so many Therians do Wicca

Amora makes a good point—nature based religions will attract people with very nature related identities, interests, and experiences. I also find the openness of possibility in earth based religion with magic practices has plenty of room for the things otherkin tend to experience. Many pagan religions openly accept or function on the assumptions of past lives, interconnected multiverses, and the presence of a not-obligately-human soul in each person.

People who process their identity in a spiritual way usually find spiritual practice that helps them expand their vocabularies and experiences.