Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

Therian thread (for any species)

Usually what bothers me the most is that human ears are at such a weird position, at the side of the head while my ears are supposed to be on top. Which makes ear shifts rare for me I think, it usually goes hand in hand with full head shifts.
I really feel this! But they arn't rare for me at all, I just relate to it feeling very awkward. Hare and rabbit ears are supposed to be very close together, at the very top-back of the skull. It's nice when I'm conscious of them, but at the same time the positional shift of where my ears are can make me feel almost self conscious..? If that makes sense.

I really feel this! But they arn't rare for me at all, I just relate to it feeling very awkward. Hare and rabbit ears are supposed to be very close together, at the very top-back of the skull. It's nice when I'm conscious of them, but at the same time the positional shift of where my ears are can make me feel almost self conscious..? If that makes sense.
Yeah that totally makes sense, I feel the same way. Whenever I have ear shifts that fit over my human ears I just feel like I look from that scene of Pinocchio when he turns into a donkey haha. Makes me glad people can’t see my shifts.

5EF7B796-9021-403C-890F-F5AAA14A6CFC.jpeg

selil

one thing that really annoys me about ears and and phantom limbs in general is that i show so much emotion with them, but no-one sees them😔
example: one of my theriotypes is a bobcat and when i get angry i "swish" my tail to show that, but no-one sees😔

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
You silly mammals and your "ears." The sound holes in my head work just fine on the sides. Human ones stick out more than I'd like. I tend to cover them with my hair.

My food grabbers are on the upper limbs instead of the lower ones. And my body movers are on the lower limbs instead of the upper ones. My hands can't decide if they should have phantom talons or flight feathers. I usually go with the talons.

You silly mammals and your "ears." The sound holes in my head work just fine on the sides. Human ones stick out more than I'd like. I tend to cover them with my hair.

My food grabbers are on the upper limbs instead of the lower ones. And my body movers are on the lower limbs instead of the upper ones. My hands can't decide if they should have phantom talons or flight feathers. I usually go with the talons.
Ahah same. I even sometimes have both.
Another weird one is lips. Can't decide how i feel about them, because it IS an interesting thing but hhh i highly dislike how they look and feel. I'm not supposed to move my mouth covering! Also hair. Hair is weird.