Therianthropy & religion

Just out of curiosity, what religion do each of you consider yourselves and how does that work/mix/go along with your life as a therian/otherkin? Just looking to hear some stories and point of views from fellow members of the community

Shezep

Holy Birb
VIP
I'm Kemetic, Egyptian polytheist. My kintype pretty much dragged me kicking and screaming into that. Then I found out that it suits me very well. It has a nice balance between mystical-strange and pragmatic-earthly with a heavy dose of we're-all-family (like it or not.)

Though you did specify therianthropy. I'm not sure that my bird side cares much about religion either way. It just cares about bird things, which in a way makes for a nice vacation.

I'm Kemetic, Egyptian polytheist. My kintype pretty much dragged me kicking and screaming into that. Then I found out that it suits me very well. It has a nice balance between mystical-strange and pragmatic-earthly with a heavy dose of we're-all-family (like it or not.)

Though you did specify therianthropy. I'm not sure that my bird side cares much about religion either way. It just cares about bird things, which in a way makes for a nice vacation.
Haha yes true, our kintypes most likely don’t care what religion we are. It’s just interesting to see how the values and ideas of therianthropy and otherkinity mix with those of some religions.

House of Chimeras

Book-loving Historians
Pantheistic, hard polytheistic, animistic pagan is the general belief system found throughout our multiple system with various of us having a focus (some people focus on the animism and follow a bioregional animistic practice, some people focus on a specific pantheon of gods, some people focus on worshiping the great divine/divine force in all that exists, some people acknowledge that deities,etc exist but don't actively worship them, and so on.

The core of our general belief system, especially the animism part, wasn't a choice by us. Having involuntary out-of-body experiences, visited by spirits, experiencing spirit possession, etc all from a fairly young age kind of didn't make it a choice. The fact we are nonhuman while out of body and that entities don't acknowledge us as human is a common thing. Our nonhuman forms makes traveling out-of-body easier and makes potentially defending ourselves easier as well. (Plus the fact we always go as a group helps a ton). So really, our therianthropy compliments our spiritual practices quite well.

- Pantairin (female, deer cladotherian)

MechanicJasper

Autonomous and Anxious Android
I may not be a therian, but I'm a pagan (my path is a bit mixed and unclear). I mostly focus on pop culture (poke) paganism due to my Pokemon fictotype, and am a devotee to Giratina, Dialga and Palkia. I also tend to work with machine-related spirits and entities due to connecting with them through my android kintype. My two kintypes have taught me to see a lot of spiritual energy in the creation of human beings, whether physical creation like art and machinery, or mental creation like characters and stories. A lot of my paganism and religious work focuses on that power of human creation, and veers me towards working with thoughtforms and fictional entities like The Creation Trio I'm devoted to.

But other than that, my path as I said is mixed. I work with unrelated entities and deities too, and my general spirituality is very dragon-focused as per my dragon hearttype. Technically I'm pantheistic, my belief in that is related to human creation. I believe in what I call "reverse creationism", where gods have not made humans, but humans have made gods from thought, love, fear, respect, and worship, and through that creative energy those deities have come to power as what they are today.