Things that irritate you. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Things that irritate you.

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Diretooth, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Diretooth

Diretooth Heart of a Dragon, Loyalty of a Wolf.

Bones:
    Ƀ41.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Basically, a place to share your day-to-day irritations.
    For instance, I cannot stand people abbreviating 's' where they're not supposed to be abbreviated.
    Typing in something about 'dog's' is frustrating because it reads as 'dog is' in my brain.

2. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,060.20
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I really irritate to the fact that when we get an school assignment and must we do in groups of two the person I work with just leave school and never hears from him again. I must now do all the work even the things he is supposed to do. He still don't show up at school.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Calico

Calico The Shrink
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ18.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm irritated by many things, but one of my biggest pet peeves are people who debate not for the sense of learning, but simply to show off and not bother to see the point of view of the person they are debating with.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tysha

Tysha Hatchling

Otherkin HeptagramFerocious Green Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ372.34
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    People who type 'u' instead of 'you', '4' instead of 'for', '2' instead of 'to', 'c' instead of 'see', because most of the time my brain refuses to work out what they mean, and just reads the single letter/number. I can understand people doing it on twitter where there is a character limit, but on forums, blogs and Facebook, it's just laziness and really bugs me.

People who Capitalise Every Single Word of a post also irritate me, because my brain stumbles on those posts too. One guy on Facebook accused me of being disabled when I mentioned it once, he got blocked.

Now I know I'm not the best writer, but I try my best to make my posts as well written as possible (and make my English teacher proud).

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lukas

Lukas Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.00
    Primary Identity:
    Theriomythic
    Oh dear, prepare for my list.
    -People who think wearing certain clothing, talking a certain way, or being interested in a certain thing makes them 'gay.'
    -People who believe the word 'gay' or anything along those lines is an insult.
    -People who self-diagnose disorders.
    -People who ridiculously flaunt their Otherkinity/Therianthropy around for attention. (AKA. a large portion of tumblr-kin.)
    -Wolf-a-boos or anything-a-boos.
    -People who push their beliefs on others.
    -People who use a mental disorder or Otherkinity/Therianthropy as an excuse for their actions.
    -People who immediately prejudice against something without even knowing the facts.
    -People who are irritatingly anti-gay. (If you don't like LGBTQIA+, that's fine, just don't spread hate, it's that simple.)
    -People who abuse their power.
    -Bullies in general.

There's probably more.. I have a lot of pet peeves, I apologize. This is in no way hate speech, just things that annoy me.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Malchior

Malchior Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.38
    Primary Identity:
    Theriomythic
    People who look down on others for having fun and doing what they love. Why would someone do that? Why put people down for simply expressing enthusiasm, if they aren't hurting you?

7. Idenice

Idenice Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I am irritated by studying Chinese.I know I need to do it but it is so hard writing each word 20 times to memorize.

8. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Immaturity. Basically sums up everything.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lila Stratman

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Tween "therians" tbh. I don't think that you should be claiming such a thing at such a young age.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Why does that bother you?

11. Sandwaster

Sandwaster Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ25.45
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    People who chew with their mouths open. That sound they make.. Crickets chirping, I hate those little things. People who spit for really no reason, what are you? a Llama? I am very easily irritated so, there is a long list for me.

12. Calico

Calico The Shrink
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ18.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I might argue that age =/= Maturity, though. As long as the proper introspection and research is done, I can't see the issue. Perhaps you have different reasons, though?

13. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I really don't like people who refuse to listen to reason or fact. If I'm looking at the details RIGHT in front of me and you still refuse to listen, well then I get frustrated.
    Closed-minded people really frustrate me, especially otherkin or therians who judge by kintypes.
    Like Lukas said, people who claim disorders even if they went to a doctor for it and they said no you don't have it but they still claim it. Also, those people using said disorders as an excuse. I'm sorry, I don't care what's wrong with you. The moment you start screaming at the top of your lungs at me (when you're in your twenties) because you don't agree with my opinion will be the moment I learn just how fast you can dodge.

~Jessie

• Like Like x 5
  14. Lila Stratman

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    It's not nessesarily all of them, it's simply not something that you should be claiming at that age. For some people, maybe. I didn't mean this in a judge mental way, but I recently got cussed out by a ten year old within my pack who really had no idea what therianthropy even was in a serious sense. It's like a game to a lot of them, like a bragging right.

I 100% agree.

#14 Lila Stratman, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  15. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.31
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    @Lila Stratman - Please do not double post (posting one after another). I have merged your two posts.

16. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ886.75
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I'm not easily irritated but things that do really get to me are;

-any abuse towards animals
    -bullying
    -people pushing their beliefs on me or anyone else
    -racism
    -sexism
    -homophobia
    -religious intolerance, people should be free to believe what they want (as long as its not hurting anyone) without the fear of being persecuted for their beliefs

My list could go on, maybe I do get irritated easily, I actually thought I was pretty laid backo_O

• Like Like x 2
  17. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ241.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mine would probably be lack of straightforwardness. You know, when someone basically lets you decide what they're saying instead of owning their point. Indecision is also annoying, but it's more that it makes me impatient than irritated.

Being cautioned (or stopped without explanation). If you want to ruin me, just tell me I can't do something. I deal with this day to day. In fact, the more someone tries to hold me down or stand in my way, the less I consider other people. I see it as being backed up against a wall, and I have to choose between depression or making a big mistake.

If you want people, it'll have to be those who gossip and retell stories they know nothing about and those who are envious enough to purposely stir up trouble. Day to day, the thing I could do with less of is talking behind my back, because I could lose my job, a friend, or anything because of someone's mouth, and there's nothing I can do about it if I'm not there.

I also can't stand the sound of "wh" as in white, being pronounced with that heavily "h" sound. It makes my skin crawl.
    -Roe

#17 Diamond Sky, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  18. Lila Stratman

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    My apologies, I'm still sort of figuring everything out.

19. SilentSynthesis

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.72
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Oh, what's worse, when you're being the straightforward one, and someone else decides what you're saying, putting words in your mouth....

• Like Like x 2
  20. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ241.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    You have no idea! It's like half of my life has been trying to get someone to listen to me, and what I'm saying, what I think and what I'm doing, by those constantly invalidating everything that's just been said or done. But no matter what, other people think they know me better than me. It's the most trivial thing I've ever had to fight for. Just to be heard by the very people who are asking me for whatever they're asking me for. I swear, if I had ever gotten a word in edgewise with all the people who ever refused to listen to me, this world would be a happier place. Because when I wanted those I cared about-when I cared about people- I cared deeply. If they would have just spoken for themselves. My mom and me have a shattered relationship, because she literally drove me nuts from guilting and blaming, and only after we'd reached the point of screaming and I'd asked about fifty times what she wanted, did she finally explain to me what was wrong. And if the lover had told me how they felt instead of doubting and turning it around on me, when it was me who had already stated how I felt. Maybe all these people would just be so much happier if they would have simply been speaking for themselves and not trying to figure me out. Maybe I would have never lost my say. Maybe I would trust someone. But this is exactly why I don't. I can never know who I'm talking to, and it turns out so much of the time it seems I've been talking to myself. I try to make things better, because I see better than others at times. But these shattered relationships are just a reminder of the worse that others see. They believe fighting for all the wrong reasons. I was shown what choosing your battles meant, and ever since, I've been losing them all.
    Yeah, I went deep. So there you go. That's what irritates me.
    -Roe

#20 Diamond Sky, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015