Things that would excite a Genie | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Things that would excite a Genie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Diamond Sky, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ247.80
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    What's something basically, totally impossible at this point in time, that you wish you could have or do?

Personally I could get all over being able to do a kind of, like, auditory projection type thing. Sending sounds into another person's mind, where they hear what I want them to hear, from my mind to theirs.

It's something I really really would like. So I wonder if ya'll have similar thoughts.

Jessica

• Like Like x 3
  2. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Telepathy would be awesome. I'd probably also like to be able to fly, and obviously, shapeshift. Flying would definitely be my first choice, though. (Unless I had polymorphic shifting abilities. Then, I could fly anyway, ahah.)

• Like Like x 2
  3. klawl

klawl Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Telepathy, shapeshifting, sure, alright. I'd dig either one, but I think what I'd ask for would be something like the ability in Magic Treehouse where the kids can go into books and stuff, but video games instead. With all the different games out there that'd be pretty endless. Plus I could just code my own and do whatever I wanted.
    ~Feayen

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sparkself

Sparkself Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I'd like to be able to shape shift into anything! That would be awesome!

5. Silas

Silas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.69
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    One of the things I miss most about being a shadow is the ability to physically teleport. Really I'd love that again. It comes in such handy sometimes. Really, though, I'd like to just be myself again, but that's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    That's a great idea, wow.

7. AceOfTricks

AceOfTricks ƃuᴉuᴉɐɹ┴ uᴉ poפ ɹǝʇsʞɔᴉɹ┴
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ25.43
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    ;)
    I would want telekinesis for faking a haunting and/or dropping tutus on people (real thing I wanted desperately to do to a guy at one point) and I would want telepathy for freaking people out but I'd go with shapeshifting!
    I could do both with shapeshifting. I'd just turn into a bird that could mimic sounds, hide and make spooky noises or flat out appear in front of someone as a huge raven and go NEVERMORE! Plus I could just fly places and sneak into all sorts of interesting places. It's kind of an all in one power. Lulz.
    Much mischief would ensue. oWo

• Like Like x 3
  8. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,075.41
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Shapeshifting of course. Then I would finally able to know how these prehistoric bodies feel like and what really the Eurasian Dragon feel like. Also I want to see then the look on the other people faces when they see a tyrannosaur or a extinct cat walking past by them and they think if these animals shouldn't be extinct. Also flying as the Cockatrice and the dragon. Just to feel that freedom of the sky again.

9. cobaltine

cobaltine Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'd love to fly. like, I'm desperate to fly. and swim speedily and gracefully.

10. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    The problem with being a realist is that whenever I hear someone wanting to have superpowers, the connotations of having those abilities quickly overshadow the perks of having it. Imagine having the ability to phase through walls, for example. You will be passing through "solid" matter, but you have to rematerialize at some point. How would that rematerialization actually work, though? You would be materializing on top of those millions and millions of tiny particles and germs floating in the air, effectively having them bypass your immune system entirely, appearing inside your bodily cells. Good luck explaining that to the CVS Pharmacy.

Then there's invisibility. In order to be able to see, light bounces off of objects and into your eyes. If your eyes are invisible, the light would never stop at your eyes to enter them and be processed, so you would be effectively blind. I'm still not sure if they have mastered that problem in that real invisibility cloak they made that deflected light using thousands of tiny cameras and projection screens, if memory serves.

To fly, you would need absolutely gargantuan wings, a massive heart, a lot more blood, a larger food supply, and probably even more things I can't even think of at the moment. It absolutely breaks my heart but this likely isn't happening any time soon unless you can negate gravity beneath you. This is probably somewhat more feasible given the advancing studies of magnetism. I still think they're making all that up though. Magnets are nothing more than magic and metal.

Oh, by the way; my superpower name is Captain Killjoy. I used to be an Admiral but I got demoted for being a sourpuss. :[

(I'm just kidding, I'd love superpowers. Damn it!)

11. klawl

klawl Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Ah, ever the realist? Lovely. Ain't a killjoy for actually thinking things through in my eyes. I always imagined invisibility as two floating pupils, just enough to still be able to see, but so small you probably wouldn't get noticed so long as you didn't make any sudden movements. While you're picking super powers apart, what do you think of the one Feayen mentioned earlier? Just curious how it would play out to you.
    ~Amber

• Like Like x 3
  12. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Having just the pupils visible would very likely ameliorate the situation, though isolating the pupils to have a negated light diffusion field would be an interesting feat of technical or magical prowess I'd wager.
    Shapeshifting is completely out of the question if I were to continue to bear the cloak of gloomy realism, but telepathy actually isn't that unlikely. There are already machines in existence that can translate thought patterns into familiar concepts that it had been trained with based on past learning sessions from people who had thoughts while wearing a special hat connected to the machine. If a small version of that machine can be made which can target people from afar, you could very likely translate perceived thoughts (based on facial expressions and other mannerisms maybe?) into thoughts directly into your head. Who knows.

13. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I've been writing a series of stories about a character with that power for a number of years, funny enough :). The character can also use the powers of video game characters and take different forms depending on the world he's in. It's a ton of fun to write. My avatar is actually a picture of him, hence the Hero's Bow. I was too embarrassed to ask the artist to draw me as a centaur, so I just told her to draw the character in a centaur form and gave a description that matched me ;)

But I digress. My wish would be the ability to shapeshift, naturally. I've even considered all of the stipulations I'd include, because I'm weird like that.

14. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Hey, man, give yourself a break and believe in me. Magic! :p Reality doesn't exist in the end, but I can make the journey worthwhile.

15. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Well, Otherkin exist. That's more than enough of a legitimate reason to believe that this reality isn't a boring place. :)

I mean, that thought has arisen, hasn't it? It's not something that's easy to ignore. But anyway.. moving on..