Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

To.us underdogs

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
Do you ever feel super insecure about your kintype cuz its not a badass dragon or a demon or something sorry to dragons and demons if I came off prejudice

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
To be quite honest, it's rather the other way around. Telling people that I'm a dragon makes me feel insecure because they might think I just want to be cool. That's also why I don't usually brag about it. I've only told one person irl so far, and only after some careful explanation why I'm serious about it. Still can't rule out they might think I'm just a show-off.

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
To be quite honest, it's rather the other way around. Telling people that I'm a dragon makes me feel insecure because they might think I just want to be cool. That's also why I don't usually brag about it. I've only told one person irl so far, and only after some careful explanation why I'm serious about it. Still can't rule out they might think I'm just a show-off.
Ah my apologies for offending you I was just sore that Mines not bad ass and able to ruin things the closest I get is a horror movie trope

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
Oh yeah, all the time. I even feel insecure about my own kintype still, given I knew one of my base forms was some sort of small darkish colored dragon (at first I thought NightWing from Wings of Fire but the wings were all wrong). I never found out the type until recently and the type that I am is a newly-released breed on a dragon pet site. I only have ever told a few people online, as like Amber said, I really don't want to seem like I'm bragging about something. I'm definitely not that sort of a tough dragon as my dragon form is a bit small given it's a Veilspun that can't breathe fire.

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
Oh yeah, all the time. I even feel insecure about my own kintype still, given I knew one of my base forms was some sort of small darkish colored dragon (at first I thought NightWing from Wings of Fire but the wings were all wrong). I never found out the type until recently and the type that I am is a newly-released breed on a dragon pet site. I only have ever told a few people online, as like Amber said, I really don't want to seem like I'm bragging about something. I'm definitely not that sort of a tough dragon as my dragon form is a bit small given it's a Veilspun that can't breathe fire.
So it's normal to be insecure about a kintype at leasing im in good company lol

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I don't know what exactly you mean when you say you're insecure about your kintype. Do you mean you are not sure about being your kintype, you're not sure if you want to tell people you know irl about it, or that the opinions of other make you doubt your kintype?

I'm sure that I'm demonkin, because after what I have experienced, what else would my kintype be? Besides that, I feel dark and demonic inside. But I am very careful about whom I tell. I have told only 6 people that I believe I'm a demon so far, and none of them reacted negatively.

Once I yelled again and again "I am a demon!" while I was drunk. Other people just thought I've had too many cocktails and joked about having to call an exorcist. Luckily, because one colleague was there with me. I don't know what she thought about it, but most likely I won't tell my colleagues about being otherkin. I believe many of them would think I just want attention or something like that, and I fear they would react negatively (also because of my kintype).

The opinions of others can make me doubt my kintype, because I am still recovering from gaslighting that was done to me years ago, which makes me doubt my own feelings. What other people say about my beliefs can also make me doubt that my identity is spiritual.

Last edited:

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
It's just that everyone looks so much stronger I mean what is a doll gonna do against anything I don't even have a face I can't even be cute

tord

Pronouns
Masculine
One time I joined a Discord server and was made fun of and harassed because my human fictotype is Tord from Eddsworld (they called me very profane names which I shall refrain from quoting). Every single one of the people in that server (which I will let be unnamed) ganged up on me and said that it was always in the rules that 'Eddsworld kinnies' are not allowed, but I read their server rules before and it did not have that before. They gaslit me. I am glad that I found Kinmunity because this place is not toxic and is very civilized and respectful. It makes me feel welcome and safe to be here.

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
One time I joined a Discord server and was made fun of and harassed because my human fictotype is Tord from Eddsworld (they called me very profane names which I shall refrain from quoting). Every single one of the people in that server (which I will let be unnamed) ganged up on me and said that it was always in the rules that 'Eddsworld kinnies' are not allowed, but I read their server rules before and it did not have that before. They gaslit me. I am glad that I found Kinmunity because this place is not toxic and is very civilized and respectful. It makes me feel welcome and safe to be here.
I've heard dolls get picked on too