• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

traveling with tails

wisteriascott

I actually had a question and thought this was the best place to ask it. I am flying next month halfway across the country ( i live in America). I want to take 4 of my tails and my daughter is bringing 1. They will be in my checked luggage. Has anyone ever had trouble with TSA while traveling with them? They aren't from real animals or anything. 

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
I never traveled before or own tails. But I don't know why they would care, even if they were real (unless they were from legally protected animals). I think any security's main concern with luggage is drugs, alcohol and weapons. But I could be wrong.

I mean... I know furries that travel by plane to get to conventions with fursuits in their luggage, but I never heard anything necessarily bad happening to them. Maybe at times there is a bit of questioning but nothing really to worry about. 

I guess it could also depend on where you live and where you're traveling to.

Last edited:

wisteriascott

I never traveled before or own tails. But I don't know why they would care, even if they were real (unless they were from legally protected animals). I think any security's main concern with luggage is drugs, alcohol and weapons. But I could be wrong.

I mean... I know furries that travel by plane to get to conventions with fursuits in their luggage, but I never heard anything necessarily bad happening to them. Maybe at times there is a bit of questioning but nothing really to worry about. 

I guess it could also depend on where you live and where you're traveling to.
thanks, I was just curious because I've never done it before. Only one of mine looks real but it isn't. The rest of them are pretty fake looking. I don't travel often so I wasn't sure. 

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Fake ones shouldn't be a problem. Real ones probably aren't either as long as they're not infested with bugs or protected. Speaking of bugs, plant material might be more of a problem than animal parts. (I almost considered being an inspector for agricultural airport items when I was younger. You get a sniffer dog and everything.) 

Gryff

The TSA doesn't say anything about fur specifically, but it does say you can bring antlers, so you're probably fine. 😈😈