Undertale | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Undertale

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Ariel, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Ariel

Ariel Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.07
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :)
    I've been wondering, what do you 'kin folk think of the game Undertale? Myself, although I've heard it's quite good, these kinds of games have always caused me species dysphoria, so I'm a bit reluctant to actually buy it. Can anyone relate to that?

2. Skylark

Skylark Wild
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ36.88
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm not exactly sure what might cause you species dysphoria in Undertale, but :')

The entire game is based off player choice. Your decisions will effect the end of the game, and your interactions with others. No one *has* to die, but you *can* kill people. It's full of surprises, backwards logic, and silly puns and puzzles.

There's a monster species in the 3rd part of the world (Waterfall) called a Shyren that you sort of remind me of, a little. They're more of a mer-species though.

3. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I've watched play throughs of it, really I didn't really care for it one way or another, and the only character that I liked was Sans as he acts like a good friend of mine. As for it it effects me in anyway as an otherkin, no, I get no triggered shifts, species dysphoria, or urge to go home.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ2,019.86
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I'm in the process of playing the game (I'm avoiding spoilers, so please be conscientious!) I quite enjoy the retro feel of it, and being forced to play a pacifist character instead of just killing all of the monsters/bosses has been an interesting challenge so far (although I'm looking forward to doing my 'genocide' run after I beat the game as a pacifist)

I purely enjoy games as having nothing to do with my kinity. I kill dragons in all of my favorite games all the time, and usually have no qualms about it. I would like a game where I could play a dragon, for once (and Argonians don't count imo)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,048.68
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I've done 6 playthroughs of this game already, and multiple reinstalls to see how each type of run effects the others depending on the order you do them in (yes, that matters, A LOT). I don't see where the species dysphoria would come from myself, but you should know that this game is an emotional roller coaster. This game made me cry multiple times, an impressive feat as it's the only game that's ever done that to me. Hell, it's the only thing that's made me cry in the last year and a half.
    Either way, you really should get the game. It's amazing

• Like Like x 3
  6. Starry Cat

Starry Cat Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I love Undertale even though I've never played it. I've only watched walkthroughs of it. I just love the characters so much.

7. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ527.91
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We heard mention about this game in passing over the past few weeks, but hadn't given it much though. However a week ago, the game was brought up and recommended while at a transgender support group. We started watching an Let's Play of the game just today. We've only watched the first 2 hours so we really have no opinion on the game just yet.

- Miusrha (female, cheetah-like feline)

8. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ82.11
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I've heard a lot about this game (mainly very good things), but only actually gotten around to seeing it for myself now. I don't have the time to play it at the moment, so instead I'm passing my spare time watching Cry's playthrough of Undertale. I've literally only gotten about halfway through his first episode so I can't comment much on my opinions, but it seems really good from what I've seen.

9. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    I've played through it a couple times, I just recently finished a no mercy run which was fun to challenge myself with, but it was incredibly difficult.
    I would recommend the game, and I would recommend doing a pacifist run first, and then, if you are feeling brave and like you can handle the worst bullet hells imaginable, feel free to do a no mercy run. It's a very fun game, it reminds me of the Stanley Parable, which I found to be fantastic, (my favorite ending was the broom closet ending), and it breaks the fourth wall a lot, it makes game mechanics have plot relevancy, and it screwed with my head for a while. Quite good, and probably one of my favorite indie games.