Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

Updates 05/01/2019

New Features

• Created New Discussion Forum "The Watering Hole" for generalized discussion of a more serious nature than in "Chit Chat"; protected by login gate.

As a result, the reaction system has been turned off in "Chit Chat".

Major Changes

• Our Discord server has been condensed and simplified. We highly recommend using IRC instead. The following Discord channels have been archived and are scheduled for removal in 29 days:

#support
  • #suggestions
  • #bug-reports
  • #lobby-2
  • #plural
  • #fictionkin
  • #vampirism
  • #therianthropy
  • #psychology
  • #spirituality

[*]We're currently accepting staff applications; click here to apply as a helper.

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
The only issue I have is the staff applications. I'm not too fond with the idea of it being a requirement to provide full legal name. It's the first time I seen a site ask for such a thing in regards to signing up to take on any role. Sadly because of that requirement, I won't be applying for helper role. I don't want anyone knowing that personal info about me and I still don't see the need to provide that kind of info for applying to be part of staff. Besides that, everything looks good.

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Guardian
VIP
The only issue I have is the staff applications. I'm not too fond with the idea of it being a requirement to provide full legal name. It's the first time I seen a site ask for such a thing in regards to signing up to take on any role. Sadly because of that requirement, I won't be applying for helper role. I don't want anyone knowing that personal info about me and I still don't see the need to provide that kind of info for applying to be part of staff. Besides that, everything looks good.
It goes along with the NDA, in that as a helper/staff, you’re gonna be handling sensitive information about users, and verifying you are who you are and that you’re not going to misuse the data is, in my eyes, understandable.

Larger sites, Otherkin-centered or not, run similarly for this reason, it’s just not done as often in this community for whatever reason. That being said, I totally understand the hesitation to provide your real name and whatnot. This is just the safety measures we take around here when hiring on staff. Hope that helps!  :heartj: