It may seem like we haven't been doing much over the last month or so, but that couldn't be further from the truth. This update has a ton of new features for you guys and gives the site some much needed TLC.
- Status updates have returned; you can now post status updates on your profile and leave messages on others' profiles. The reaction system IS enabled for statuses -- because doesn't somebody being helpful deserve to be rewarded, regardless of what section of the site they're on? Please do not abuse this - like and dislike reactions are neutral and should be used in most circumstances.
- Friendly profile URLs have been enabled. Your profile URL will be updated when you logout and back in, or when you edit your profile. Instead of requiring a user ID (ex. https://www.kinmunity.com/profile/1.naia), your username will simply be your URL (ex. https://www.kinmunity.com/profile/naia) - you're welcome!
- Our Discord bot is now linked with #stdc on mibbit - you can participate in the "Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chats" simply by joining #ehowl on our Discord server when it is time. You're welcome!
- The groundwork for user-to-user instant messaging has been laid. You will soon be able to send instant messages to your friends using our global chat system, similar to the style you're familiar with from Facebook and Tumblr. Old Kinmunity had this feature, but it was largely disjointed and disintegrated with the site. This implementation integrates tightly with the site and its theme. Oh, and you can also have chat rooms open alongside IMs example below:
- We've changed the way KinSpots and Howls work. You need to be auto-confirmed to submit content in either area, plus you now need to be eighteen years old or older to post in the Howls forum or post a KinSpot. This is to help protect minors in the community.
- You can now be in multiple chat rooms at once when using our global site instant messaging system.
- We're working on making our Help Documentation more robust and informative.
- A ton of speed and stability fixes have been applied; this will make the site run smoother and faster.
- Several visual inconsistencies around the site have been fixed.
Last edited by a moderator: