1. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,329.23
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Glad to see this group back, I suppose we should introduce ourselves again. :)
    I won't go into details about my identity as that's probably been covered on the main forums, though if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Torahmi is my daemon, similar to the fictional daemons from Philip Pullman's HDM books.
    My current thoughts on how I came to share my mind with Tor is that after reading the books, I subconsciously latched onto the idea of a daemon companion and created him.

I feel he may have been a coping mechanism of sorts. I think the period he showed up in my life was at a pretty stressful time. I know school was very hard for me as a child, having social phobia made being around other children and adults very stressful. It was also at a point in my life where I was trying to deny and suppress my feline identity which led to depression.
    Having an animal companion who was linked with me so closely, knew everything I thought and felt and who would offer up advice, support and companionship was very helpful.

At least, that's the theory which seems most likely to me. I don't remember exactly how, why or when Tor was created (memories of my childhood are very vague) so this is just my personal theory of it based on piecing together the bits and pieces of information I have.

-waves- Hey. :3
    So, I tend to have my own view on things. I see being a daemon as being a part of a person's soul, which is what I see myself as. I believe a part of V's soul split off at some point and became me. I feel like maybe I was always a part of her, but as she grew I became more separate until we were able to communicate.
    I still feel very much a part of V. We're connected and need each other to make up the whole. One being split into two, if you will.
     Torahmi  

Well, I personally see us as being more like two separate beings who are connected together.

I'm more outgoing then V, I actually love being around people, I find busy places interesting and exciting so we're pretty much opposite in that regard. We both love being outside in nature though and I enjoy nice walks through the forest most. Well, V walks, I'm usually climbing the trees or something.
    Like daemons in the books I tend to see myself as having a separate body to V and usually place myself in the world around her and interact with things (unfortunately I don't actually have a separate body so my interactions are very one sided, it's like being a ghost where no one can see me and I can't touch anything :x ).
    I can be pretty much anything I want and don't feel like I have a base form, I've never settled and don't believe I ever will, though I'm unsure why as settling is a big thing in the books. Maybe just because I'm not actually corporeal in this world.
    I usually favor being small furry things, a few of my favorites being an american marten, a flying squirrel and a red panda.
    My favorite creatures though are dragons. They fascinate me and I love looking at pictures or reading stories with dragons in them, so sometimes I'll take on a dragon form which is very fun.

I can't think of much else to say, but like V said if you have any questions feel free to ask! :)
     Torahmi  

I also have a possible walk-in/soulbond/similar who stops by to say something now and then. He's been around for a while (maybe around a year), but until recently he'd just say one or two things then disappear again. But since I've been considering the possibility of another kintype or connection he's taken an interest and has become more chatty.
    I can't tell you much about him as he's a master at dodging any questions I throw his way, all I know is he seems to be some sort of reptilian creature who is very calm, carefully worded and extremely patient. He seems to disappear in between our conversations and I get the sense he goes off somewhere else and just checks back in on me now and then.

I am toying with the idea of creating a tulpa which is something I've been interested in for a while, although Tor is undecided about if he wants someone else sharing my head so I'm waiting to see what he decides before doing anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Nice to see you two around again, I hope you enjoy the new group as time progresses.

Heh, I still don't know much about daemons, I really should do some research myself

3. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ518.61
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Nice to hear from you all again. We really enjoy hearing about y'all's relationship.

- Miushra (female, prehistoric cheetah-like feline)

4. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,329.23
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thank you Mirath and Miushra.

Mirath, if you have any specific questions about daemons/daemonism we're happy to answer. Tor is not exactly the same as daemonism type daemons, we feel he's more similar to the fictional HDM daemons (which daemonism is based off of).

• Like Like x 1