Virtual insanity | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Virtual insanity

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Gryff, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

May 19, 2015
    Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Primary Identity:
    A short time ago, I got the opportunity to try out the HTC Vive. I'll post my full report after it goes up on That VideoGame Blog, but suffice to say that it was amazing. The headset was just about crystal clear, the controllers felt natural, and the Vive's fancy sensors mean you can actually walk around the room. I've used virtual reality before, but never like this. I felt like I was actually there. The demos put me on a shipwreck under the ocean, in a cartoonish kitchen, and in the Aperture Science facility. I felt like I was actually in each of those places, interacting with objects and characters. It's hard to describe, but take my word for it: it was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced in my life.

Afterwards, my mind immediately went to what this could mean for therians and otherkin. If anything can give you the experience of actually being something else and somewhere else, this can, especially for those of us who feel phantom body parts already. I can't wait to see what people do with this. What would you guys like to see?