Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Water

BugNerd6

Pronouns
Masculine
Sry if I'm posting too much, I have such an inquisitive mind, but I have a question: Do you prefer purified water, normal/tap water, or both?

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel that purified water has an odd taste to it. I prefer normal/tap water. How about you?

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Oh, purified for sure (I hate flouride taste, plus there's high concentrations of calcium in our tap water plus trace amounts of lead and arsenic). We use a Berkey filter for drinking and cooking, and tap for everything else

juniper

Pronouns
Feminine
I don't really have a preference... but in the past when I have gone out of town on holiday with my family, we have visited some really cool rivers and waterfalls and springs where the water there is clean enough and safe to drink. It doesn't really taste any different but it's super cold and refreshing so whenever I visit those places I always make sure to carry an empty drink bottle with me

Water Horse

Pronouns
Masculine
I think I prefer tap water, the country I live in currently has some of the cleanest tap water so maybe because of that.

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Community Manager
VIP
Crow
Therianthrope
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Purified, but tap over on the west coast is fine too, if a little off. The tap water in WA is definitely different (better) from the tap water in OR though, I noticed a difference immediately.

Midwest tap water??? Foul. I drank it for a day and felt sick to my stomach. Had to have my friend buy me bottles of water for my stay because I couldn’t drink the tap water.

syveti

Pronouns
Neutral
Definitely tap. I'm lucky though, my area has way better tap water than most places.
Purified water doesn't have enough minerals for taste and often leaves me more thirsty, for some reason. It also tastes a bit chemical-y.

shadowedwolf

Pronouns
Feminine
Sry if I'm posting too much, I have such an inquisitive mind, but I have a question: Do you prefer purified water, normal/tap water, or both?

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel that purified water has an odd taste to it. I prefer normal/tap water. How about you?
purified water for sure but i do love spring water the most but honestly i love life water and water with elctrolights to give me that extra boost of energy

Elluenda

Pronouns
Feminine
I live too far out to have municipal tap water, so we use a system of cisterns and pump that draw water from a spring behind the house. The pipes are ancient and super calcified from hard water, so we don't drink the water from the faucet.... don't quite trust what may be leeching from pipes more than fifty years old. It's good enough to bathe in, but not really to cook with.

I haul in purified water from town in five gallon jugs and use a gravity dispenser in the kitchen. I don't like the municipal tap in town, last year they added more chemicals and now it smells like swimming pool water! So even when I am travelling I bring and drink my own water.