Weird customs/believes YOU have! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Weird customs/believes YOU have!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paniczoure, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Paniczoure

Paniczoure The White-Furred Artist
    Staff Member Guardian

Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Bones:
    Ƀ131.30
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :)
    I'm sure (hope XD) that everyone has this quirky custom/believe about something.
    (This might get a bit personal.)

Like, I always think that when someone forces a hairdo on you or some kind of hairstyle that you don't want to is some kind of caging (I like my hair free, with my hairstyle.) o some kind of saying that you aren't free. Or that I'm only comfortable with my friends touching my hair. I have a thing for hair.
    Another thing is that the best kind of friendships have a lot of physical contact. (Hugs and pats on the back are nice. Aside from that I have no respect of personal space, I'm sorry. ;-;)
    And when having a group of friends, I have this thing for making a team with a team name and we gather on someone's house every now and then to play or something (like role-playing!) every week if possible.

So, do you have some believes that might be very weird for everyone, but part of your daily life?
    plz don't make me feel alone and nuts

2. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    In my family we have a tradition of dressing up really nicely, ironed shirts and dresses hung up the night before, on Christmas Day and then having breakfast and then going for a walk. We have the walk before anything else in the day except for breakfast, which is always homemade muesli, yogurt, milk and fruit salad. Afterwards we come back and do things like presents, although personally I don't like presents.

3. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,308.21
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mostly all of my customs are family related.
    Christmas is nice because we wake up slowly, but usually before 9. And we have something for breakfast, even if it's only coffee. Then the kids get to open their stockings. And we gather in the living room and we go around and hand presents individually (generally youngest to oldest, but we have some intermingling sometimes if there are particularly special gifts we have for someone). The whole process is about three hours, so we get to savour family time instead of rush through it like they show on all the movies about Christmas.
    We also have family night two or so times a month where we either go out and see a new movie in the theatre, or we watch an old movie (generally from 1970 or earlier) at home.
    We also do our best to eat dinner around the table as a family and talk about our day or work or school.

Personally, I am very touchy-feely, but only to select few within my inner circle. Hugs, kisses, cuddles, touches, etc. I love giving (a little more than receiving) them. Being ace/aro I don't feel sexual or romantic attraction so I end up pouring out my affections in a very strong, platonic manner. I think it is silly that intimacy is seen in society as reserved for romance only. Yeah, I'm not dating you, but I'll kiss your face, and snuggle you, and rub your arm or leg. And the majority in my friend group is similar in belief so we often end up laying in a pile on each other lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.65
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Not sure this would be considered weird, but since before i was born, every sunday my parents would visit every relative that lives in our home town. Initially this was just my fathers parents and one of his sisters (none of my mothers relatives lived in our town), but as my older sisters began moving out, their houses were added to the list of places to visit. When we visited my fathers parents, me an my dad would walk down to a nearby store to buy the sunday paper for them.

Once every few months we would instead drive to a town an hour away to visit my mothers parents, and a family friend who also lived in that town.

5. Havoc

Havoc Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ45.02
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    1. I believe you have no right to complain about your situation if you are not actively trying to improve it, regardless of how easy or hard it is.
    2 A weird custom I have is that I do a full perimeter check and also check inside my house 3 times a day. One in the morning one in the afternoon and one in the evening. sometimes the ocasional 4th one if I can't sleep or wake up really early.

6. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I wouldn't necessarily call these beliefs because I don't really believe they do anything, but they are customs that I do for fun and out of habit. Inspired by a bumper I saw repeatedly on TV when I was a kid and the sharing of this custom by my 4th grade teacher, I always try to make sure I say "rabbit rabbit" before anything else on the first day of a month. Supposedly it brings good luck.

The second is that if I'm ever looking at a clock and it says 12:34 I make a wish. I've heard some people do this with 11:11 instead.

I also believe that I'm some sort of man-goat-demon thing in a human body due to being transformed in a past life, but that one's a whole different story... :evilsmile:

7. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    This is a weird one. When I was little I became firmly convinced that the reason people die is because the air gets wrapped around them too tightly so they can't breathe. So the obvious answer was to make sure I didn't get tangled up in the air and I'd be nearly immortal. Every time I make a full circle one way I have to spin the other direction too, if I turn left I pirouette right, stuff like that. Now I know better, but I still spin when I walk...

8. CorviCanem

CorviCanem Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ100.28
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Everything must be in threes... Which, when you think about it, is less amusing than it sounds. I usually manage just fine unless something makes me think about it, but it can get to be a very annoying problem some of the time.