Weird habits or opinions? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Weird habits or opinions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Norintha, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Norintha

Norintha Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ29.77
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people can talk about the things they think or do that most people don't understand. We all have those weird hang ups so why not be able to talk about them? For example, I like to keep my room super cluttered because if its clean, it feels too big and empty and I hate it. People think I'm just making that up to be lazy but I'm not lying.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Faelwynn

Faelwynn Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I lick the cup! For example, if I'm drinking a hot beverage (coffee, tea), when I take a sip I have to lick the cup. It started out as a way to keep drips off of the cup... now it's more or less habitual. I also nest... like, I'll take pillows and blankets and build a nest around myself and my mate (or just around myself if we're on the couch). This will happen especially if I'm sleep deprived... just switches on like a default setting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Catwan

Catwan Confused Vampiric Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Since I've awakened as therian and sang vampire I eat lots of garlic and onions, on literally everything. It's weird. I didn't do it before.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rock Light

Rock Light Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Sometimes I accidentally purr when something goes right,can't really control it anymore. And like Faelwynn,I make pillow nests. :v

• Like Like x 3
  5. Catwan

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I purr as well

6. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    When I have a shiny object I must work to keep it shiny, if some one touches it and I see a smudge or fingerprint than I clean the entire thing until it shines; its the whole 'must take care of precious' thing.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ3,405.14
    Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I wish I could purr, never could get the hang of that vocalisation.

I'm another who likes to make a nest. As a child I'd bundle all my bedding up creating a little cosy hole as small as possible for me to sleep in. I don't do it so often these days, since sharing a bed with my partner, however if I'm ill or cold or sad I still nest, it's like a comfort thing for me.

I like organised clutter. I like things to be out and readily available (not to the point of being really bad, just, a bit cluttered with my most used items). If there's a pile of stuff on the table and I want, say, nail clippers, I know they're just under the left edge of that book. Once I start to tidy things away, even in the most organised way I can, I can never find anything.

I communicate mainly through body language, I much prefer body language to speaking. I've never been that great with conversations, especially not the general chitchat people seem to enjoy. Around those I'm close to, I very rarely speak.

I have a little noise I make when searching for things. Anything lost; a pen, book, letter, my partner, whatever I can't immediately see and want to find. :p I think it's similar to a cat calling for kittens.

8. Faelwynn

Faelwynn Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I have this god awful habit of reading people's body language and using that as a basis of response more than what they've said... for people with a disconnect with their body language (as in they just say things and don't bother with their body language) this is distressing...I, myself, find it distressing when I'm throwing body language at people like mad and they can't read it and don't take the hint... awkward.
    I also use various noises to convey emotion. I feel it's more accurate than my facial expressions which never seem expressive enough to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rock Light

Rock Light Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    lol Like organized chaos basically?

10. Norintha

Norintha Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ29.77
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    I do a lot of those things as well when it comes to clutter. And a lot of times I communicate through grunts or meows. I'm not even cat therian but its what feels comfortable when I cant find words for what I'm feeling

11. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ3,405.14
    Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    @Faelwynn I use various noises at times also. It is annoying when people don't understand what I'm trying to say. I'll admit it doesn't help that my phantoms often get used in communication, which unfortunately makes a lot of my body language invisible.

@Lucas Nicole Organised chaos? Yeah, sounds about right. :p

12. Faelwynn

Faelwynn Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I believe that most of my dragon based communication was non-verbal/telepathic and the noise just adds emphasis... but there's a lot of it to be sure XD

13. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    If drinking from a glass I have to put my lips on the same place each time, I prefer glasses with non repeating or symmetrical patterns because it's easier to keep track of.

I wear a ring with an opal on my right hand, and I'm constantly running the opal along my bottom lip. It feels really nice.

14. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ215.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    The most stand out-ish thing I do that people always worry about (Especially customers at my work) is how absolutely WIDE my eyes get.
    While I am thinking I dent to Perk up and intently listen in...Unfortunately this causes my face to harden, forehead to wrinkle and eyes to absolutely glare wildly as I think and plan ahead and sometimes am over whelmed so I go into flight mode which causes the absent glaring lol people have often stopped what they are saying and ask if I am ok, I then have to focus again and say yes before continuing to derp face into focus XD

• Like Like x 5
  15. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.54
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I have a habit that I've picked up off my cats and that's to chirrup a greeting to people instead of saying hello. My cats do it to me so I just got into the habit of doing it back to them and now I do it to people I know too!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I make random noises at my friends when they walk into a room, just a random vocalization like "mye" or "peh" or things like that. Similar to @Tammikuu, I probably picked it up from repeating noises back at my pets. I only do this to specific people in my friend group, though, so the people I'm most comfortable being around. And they're usually the type of people who have also grown up imitating their pets' noises, so they tend to answer in kind.

I also give a halfhearted "ouch" whenever I hit something unexpectedly, even if the action didn't remotely hurt whatsoever (example: If I bump vaguely against the wall I'll say "ouch" in a completely flat tone).

• Like Like x 7
  17. Catwan

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I give a soft headbutt to my friends and family when I see them as a sort of hello

18. Faelwynn

Faelwynn Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I do the same thing! I've told my friends and family that if they hear me say " ouch/ow" then I'm fine... if something happens and I don't make a noise, then you should probably be prepared to call for an ambulance...

19. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ104.67
    Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I'll occasionally start unconsciously whispering in Enochian or something close to it. I'll often go for half an hour or more until someone points it out. I never say anything intelligible, it's just random whispering.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.42
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I talk to other animals and people the same way I talk to my dog.
    People will never understand the importance of having pokemon plushies at my age. (24)
    I like to carry things in my mouth sometimes, I don't know why, I just like it.
    Sometimes when I'm outside walking, I will yell out "people are disgusting!" or "people are so stupid!" or "don't people know what a trash can is?!" that's because I saw a dog poo on the street or trash or other disgusting things. If my dog is with me I tell him "people are being so disgusting! don't you agree?" dog poo on the street is the worst or chewing-gum, it gets stuck under his paws..

• Like Like x 1