Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

What animals are you afraid of?

Effervescent-Daydream

As otherkin, we are far more closely connected to animals than most other humans. However, that doesn't make nature any less scary sometimes. What creatures of the natural world give you the shivers? 

Effervescent-Daydream

Honestly?

That one frog that stores it babies in its back (its icky and I dislike hole clusters.)
*casual googling*...?

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOPE noooo thank you I can definitely see why you don't like those :'D Also have you seen those videos of clumps of "hair" that turn out to be thousands of baby spiders because I'll never touch a weird hairball again after that tbh 

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
*casual googling*...?

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOPE noooo thank you I can definitely see why you don't like those :'D Also have you seen those videos of clumps of "hair" that turn out to be thousands of baby spiders because I'll never touch a weird hairball again after that tbh 
Im sorry lol ^^"

and yea, I have. But I actually dont mind spiders oof

KnightFenrirWulfhart

The Dark Thief Of Knowledge
Spiders.

Spiders so much.

When I was like 10 or so I was over at this kid I was friends with's house, and I was helping him and his dad shovel wood chips, and a wolf spider the size of my fist came at me (in all honesty it probably wasn't that big) and it ignored them even though they were closer and came for me. I screamed and smashed it with the shovel, then ran away screaming and then I cried. 

I hate spiders.

Im better now in that from far away I can ignore them, but if they come at me, they are not living much longer. I always /try/ to catch them and bring them outside because I feel bad when they are just living and not trying to get me, but if they move towards me they've sealed their destiny. No sympathy, only deep hatred.

>;n;> no spiders for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg I had a close encounter with a wasp a few days ago and it was terrible ;v; I was in the car and one had snuck in and landed on my arm! 
I got stung on the eyelid once, walked over an underground wasps nest by accident and the wasps came swarming out. Little bastards didn't even give me time to explain myself. 😛 I looked ridiculous and had to wear sunglasses for days to hide it  

Even though I like to this I'm brave, I'm really not lol.  If any animal were to approach me, or any insect for that matter, I'll probably freak out.  I always think everything is out to get me, I'm very anxious.  I like watching from afar, but if anything gets too close I'll scream.  ~ Cameron, The Saccharine System

T

Teakwood

Unverified
When it comes to animals, I think I only actively feel any kind of fear if it's something displaying obvious aggression, or I'm not able to read its body language. Most of the time I'll act cautiously and mentally prepare myself to react should anything go downhill. I love animals, and I'd probably be very nervous around say, live sharks - but I'd still gladly dive in with them and pet them if I were able to (in a controlled environment obviously). I'm a person that kind of sees fear as a learning opportunity, so if I'm afraid of something I will always question why and try and get to the bottom of it, especially if it involves animals. 

It's funny because I used to be terrified of wasps - but after finding out my husband was even MORE terrified of them (he holed himself up in our bathroom and refused to come out when one got in the house), I realized I couldn't be afraid of them anymore. So when one gets in the house I will either do my best to get it out of the house, or kill it as a last resort. I try to avoid most stinging insects but being outside, it's not always possible. 

TL;DR: I'm afraid when it makes sense for ME to be afraid - if I'm actively being attacked or something. Or if it's a giant spider that drops from the ceiling and bites my leg (...don't ask). 

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
I used to be the designated person to remove spiders from the tents when camping. In kindergarten, I removed a small snake from the sandbox while everyone else around me was screaming and running away. I probably gave my teacher quite a few grey hairs. (I'd probably leave the snake alone now that I'm older.) 

I have a healthy respect for scorpions, snakes, and tarantulas, and occasionally see them when camping. There aren't really any animals that freak me out on sight unless, as Teakwood said, they look aggressive. 

Effervescent-Daydream

Spiders.

Spiders so much.

When I was like 10 or so I was over at this kid I was friends with's house, and I was helping him and his dad shovel wood chips, and a wolf spider the size of my fist came at me (in all honesty it probably wasn't that big) and it ignored them even though they were closer and came for me. I screamed and smashed it with the shovel, then ran away screaming and then I cried. 

I hate spiders.

Im better now in that from far away I can ignore them, but if they come at me, they are not living much longer. I always /try/ to catch them and bring them outside because I feel bad when they are just living and not trying to get me, but if they move towards me they've sealed their destiny. No sympathy, only deep hatred.

>;n;> no spiders for me
Big agree tbh ;v; Spiders are terrifying!

FoxChi

this is soooo stupid, but... FRicKEN cOws! ever since I was little, I had night terrors of robotic cows taking my family and I hostage,  and it would result in all of us... dying..?... anyway, when I see a cow, to this day, I shudder....  OH!! Once when I was in 2nd grade, my parents took my siblings and I to Oklahoma, and we went to a farm there...  There were brown cows and black cows... for some reason the brown cows I didn't care about, but the black ones, I remember I started screaming.... so yeah... weird fears...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am terrified of snakes, yet I own a turtle XP. And even sometines I'm a little scared of his claws.

And I totally agree on the spider thing, after watching one of those videos, then literally a spider crawls on my ceiling for a good 10 mins, nope, sorry tarantula, I can't own you whatsoever.

Speaking of which, is the tarantula part of the spider family?

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Guardian
VIP
I adore spiders, but I can’t stand ants. With spiders, when you see one in your home, you know there’s probably one. But with ants, there is RARELY just one.