• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

What are you eating?

I can't find the thread I had last time, so I guess it was lost in The Cataclysm.

What are you eating? Or making to eat later? Or considering making? Or wish you could make but can't for whatever reason?

I'm making an experimental dish that's based off of some I've made (and liked) before. Here's the recipe:

Kerguelen's Untested Experimental Dish
Ingredients:
-2 chicken breasts -1 tomato -1/2 cup fresh arugula
-1 can coconut milk -2 tbsp peanut butter -2 tbsp coconut oil
-1/4 cup lemon juice -1/4 cup chili paste -1 stalk green onion
-salt -curry powder -ginger powder -garlic powder -cinnamon (about 1 tsp of each, or to taste)

Prepare:
-Cut chicken into cubes. Sprinkle salt on all the chicken. Cut green onion into slices.
Scoop coconut oil into pot with chicken and green onion.
Cook on medium heat until chicken is nearly done (it should be white, but still a bit pink in the middle)
Add garlic powder and cinnamon.
-Cut tomato into slivers, or diced (either works). Put in separate pot from chicken.
Add arugula, chili paste, lemon juice, peanut butter, and coconut milk.
Put on low to medium heat until peanut butter is melted, mix together for 5 minutes.
Add curry powder and ginger powder.
-Drain oil from chicken. Add chicken to sauce. Cook on low to medium heat for about 25 minutes.
-Optionally, serve over rice: it's easy to just start the rice at the same time in another pot and call the soup done when the rice is.

We'll see how it goes.

Edit: oh my lorddddddddddd this is one of the best things I've made in a while. Uncooked cucumbers are surprisingly good with the sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I am eating wheat flakes with honey, a banana and milk for breakfast with a cup of strong, black coffee without sugar.

Later..I will cook potatoes, roast sausages with onions and garlic and make some other vegetables (as potatoes are vegetables), a bit brokkoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bhiurd

Unverified
Well, I was eating buttered toast with strawberry jam, but now I'm just running off of coffee and Pure Chaotic Energy.

If I feel like it, I might make a salad later with some leaf lettuce and other herbs that I grew myself (finally, the last times I tried to grow 'em, they either wouldn't grow or the rabbits would eat it all).

Chicken and dumplings. Specificially two-day-old leftovers, which are really good because they've been allowed to soak in flavor for that time. Added my favorite hot sauce and garlic/cinnamon/cloves. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I made something tonight that I like to make when I want a decent amount of proteins and fats but don't really feel like cooking:
Lentil tacos.

You boil the Lentils on the pot with twice as many cups of water as you used Lentils.

Then, when there's only a tiny bit of water left, you take a McCormick spice pack of your choice and use one pack for every cup of lentils that you made, and mix that up.

Then, you just use those lentils on a soft taco that has sour cream and your choice of cheese and vegetables that you'd like to add.

Easy and lazy to make, and surprisingly not horrible for you.

NoPetalsLeft

Developer
Earlier today, I made some chicken soup (from a can, but it was warm and good, especially as it was snowing and I have a very minor cold). I'm currently planning what I'm going to make tomorrow and I'm heavily considering making some rice to pour it on top of, and then having that with a salad (that would probably be made with spinach, apples, sliced almonds, cheese, and some type of salad dressing).

I'll probably have leftovers of both for the next day as well, which will be really nice.