What are your unusual interests?

Mar 12, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Have any eccentric fascinations? Unusual interests? What are they? ^-^

I have a few. I'm not sure if they're unusual on their own, but they're at least oddly specific. One of them is pretty self-explanatory: Strange and/or seemingly pointless websites. ( Here's some examples ) Not only do they leave you wondering "why", but there's just something oddly entertaining about many of them.

Some of my other interests are odd because of their circumstances; they regard topics I'm usually not very interested in, but I'm fascinated by certain facets of them. For example, I'm not really interested in programming, but as soon as a glitch happens I want to know every detail. Visualizations of sorting algorithms are immensely satisfying as well.  I have something similar going on with genetics. I can't be bothered to try predicting a baby's eye color based off the eyes of the parents, but if he/she is born with a rare genetic condition, I'll almost definitely fall down a rabbit hole for hours researching it. 

Catums

Feb 15, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I love studying bugs. Don't get me wrong some creepy crawlies are just scary and I wouldn't poke it with a 8 ft pole, but others are just so interesting! I think it started off with snails and just escalated from there until I'm stopping my hike to look at some weird moth I saw.

KnightFenrirWulfhart

The Dark Thief Of Knowledge
Apr 10, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
I have a chronic case of wiki jumping. The act of looking one thing up, then 12 hours later I haven't gotten up, or eaten, and have read like 50 wiki pages, have another 20 open to read, am in the process of opening 5 more, and went from the beauty and the beast to how the Netherlands sends Canada tulips as a thank you for helping them in ww2. That's a concrete example I can remember, but its bad. Wikipedia. Fandom wikia. TV Tropes. Doesn't matter, once the info starts Fenrir don't stop till the knowing is fulfilled.

B

bhiurd

Unverified
I absolutely love taxidermy, it's become basically an obsession of mine. I don't participate in the hobby right now, but once I start getting my hand on some roadkill... o h b o y-

I study mental health a lot, but alongside that I also study general human behavior such as how we tend to react to fear, and then I end up going down a rabbit hole and learning about terrible government experiments, and then somehow end up at diseases or disasters that could wipe out humanity or even the earth itself, and after just an hour I now know how to singlehandedly eradicate humanity for some reason! And I enjoy every single second of it.

I'm also really into studying and creating fictional worlds - not just lightly thinking up some fun stuff and calling it a day, but in-depth, thorough creation; making every unique life-form from the biggest breathing creature to the plant-life it walks on to the very microbe that all life formed from, including how the land has formed. I start from pure scratch, detail how the planet began and the microbes arriving, and then calculate what would evolve, how long everything would evolve, and keep track of all the tiny minute details.
  I don't tend to do this often, so when I'm not doing that, I'm obsessing over every little detail for fictional planets seen in widespread media - HTTYD, Pandora (JC's Avatar), Vilous, etc.

Last edited:

beanjamoose

Feb 1, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
(Just a warning, this is a little morbid)

I absolutely love reading about homicides (specifically mass murders). I don't support them at all (DUH), but I find it so insanely interesting to read about what happened, why, and how people were harmed/killed. These are tragedies, of course, I just find it oddly fascinating. So shows like Forensic Files and Buzzfeed Unsolved are amazing for me.

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Guardian
VIP
Sep 27, 2018
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
(Just a warning, this is a little morbid)

I absolutely love reading about homicides (specifically mass murders). I don't support them at all (DUH), but I find it so insanely interesting to read about what happened, why, and how people were harmed/killed. These are tragedies, of course, I just find it oddly fascinating. So shows like Forensic Files and Buzzfeed Unsolved are amazing for me.
Tbh that’s me and like, reading about airplane crashes n stuff. I can’t handle hearing final words or black box recordings but reading about em always fascinates me.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
VIP
May 21, 2019
Bones
🦴32.61BN
Pronouns
Masculine
An eccentric habit of mine is studying most anything that interests me with more attention and self-investment than anything that bores me. I could read for hours upon hours into days worth of time on those things that catch my fancy, even if fleeting. Typically this is other disciplines of the sciences or even pseudosciences, all of which I often hoard for future reference and comprehension of other details to come in life. In effect, I begin to pick and choose, parting out, information and often weaving it into other kinds.

M

Metakka

Unverified
I absolutely love taxidermy, it's become basically an obsession of mine. I don't participate in the hobby right now, but once I start getting my hand on some roadkill... o h b o y-
Big same to this. Vulture culture in general is something that has a lot of my interest.