Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What are your unusual interests?

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
I like learning about how living things interact with each other, forming a system. (Ecosystems!) Mostly that influences my choice in games. I like city builders and evolution simulators, also survival games. I'm currently reading a book about various trees and how they are used by different cultures. All variations on the same theme.

lilenbywolf

Pronouns
Neutral
Have any eccentric fascinations? Unusual interests? What are they? ^-^

I have a few. I'm not sure if they're unusual on their own, but they're at least oddly specific. One of them is pretty self-explanatory: Strange and/or seemingly pointless websites. ( Here's some examples ) Not only do they leave you wondering "why", but there's just something oddly entertaining about many of them.

Some of my other interests are odd because of their circumstances; they regard topics I'm usually not very interested in, but I'm fascinated by certain facets of them. For example, I'm not really interested in programming, but as soon as a glitch happens I want to know every detail. Visualizations of sorting algorithms are immensely satisfying as well. I have something similar going on with genetics. I can't be bothered to try predicting a baby's eye color based off the eyes of the parents, but if he/she is born with a rare genetic condition, I'll almost definitely fall down a rabbit hole for hours researching it.
I sometimes enjoy looking at werid memes and scribbling on random things lol

Dante

Pronouns
Masculine
I'm interested in psychology crime stuff (criminal minds, criminal intent), read a lot stuff about psychology especially about sociopaths and psychopaths and would like to understand.

CrowLove

Plural
Otherkin
Crow
Pronouns
Neutral
I'm interested in invertebrates like tarantulas, other spiders, scorpions, mantises, millipedes and isopods etc.
I love to read about them and to watch videos to learn about them or videos of invertabrate pet keepers.
I also keep them as pets myself :3

CatSp1der

Pronouns
Other
I spend all day reading LGBTQ stuff and 8 hours later I still have 4095839485 assignments to finish ;-; thank StarClan for summer

Evernight

Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
I have a really unusual habit where I basically hold a conversion with myself (I like write it down) and then an answer comes back to me. So basically when I'm bored in class I might write in my exercise book 'Doing English and I'm like so boreeeed' and then (I guess it's me thinking of the answers?) it's like an actual person is talking back to me and they can say really anything and I don't know what they will say back, they might say 'Well I've got a humanities assignment so suck it up' or they might say 'Did you hear about the news reporter that died yesterday', and we hold some whole eccentric conversation, which sometimes gets really weird and random. I dunno.

Oh, and this one is a lot more common but I have an obsessive doodling issue. If I have a single writing utensil in my hand I will cover everything in my sight (workbooks, textbooks, chairs, desks, library books, exam papers, myself) in random scribbles. I even use a compass' (the circle drawing thing) point to scratch things into the cove of my English book.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and it only works if I write it down (talking about the first thing)

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I have a really unusual habit where I basically hold a conversion with myself (I like write it down) and then an answer comes back to me. So basically when I'm bored in class I might write in my exercise book 'Doing English and I'm like so boreeeed' and then (I guess it's me thinking of the answers?) it's like an actual person is talking back to me and they can say really anything and I don't know what they will say back, they might say 'Well I've got a humanities assignment so suck it up' or they might say 'Did you hear about the news reporter that died yesterday', and we hold some whole eccentric conversation, which sometimes gets really weird and random. I dunno.

Oh, and this one is a lot more common but I have an obsessive doodling issue. If I have a single writing utensil in my hand I will cover everything in my sight (workbooks, textbooks, chairs, desks, library books, exam papers, myself) in random scribbles. I even use a compass' (the circle drawing thing) point to scratch things into the cove of my English book.

Oh and it only works if I write it down (talking about the first thing)
You made me think of Daemonism. Do you know about it?

meowmix884

Pronouns
Feminine
Oh boy *rubs hands together*
I like morbid things. Stuff like vulture culture, true crime, shock content, and dark comedy/surrealist horror. The kind stuff that makes you think "what the fuck?" when you see it. I have my limits when it comes to things that genuinely disgust me, like I don't like nasty pimple popping weird bodily fluid nonsense and I can't stand child/animal abuse in videos. Even if fake.
I also like VHS, lost media, and internet oddities.

A lot of my "niche" interests has gotten mainstream through the years but it's good to know I was there when things were obscure.

Then when it comes to other stuff. Older gen (1-3) My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop (No, not the newer gens), Carebears (older gen), Old Technology, Cameras/Camcorders themselves (not in a professional manner like how it usually is), dolls, as well as me being a furry and having an interest in fursuits. Those things are "unusual" because I'm an adult and I guess people assume you can't like "childish things" as one. I say that's ridiculous. A lot of immature people have the nerve to call me immature because of the things I like, and yet they are the ones who are irresponsible and disrespectful toward others despite being older than I am.

I also like and partake in age regression but I guess you can say that's not really an "interest" but I dunno.

Last edited:

Evernight

Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
You made me think of Daemonism. Do you know about it?
Nope, never heard of it.

I like to learn about mental illness
I like rodents
I absolutely do not like the latter, but I do enjoy learning about mental illnesses. I have a bunch of books on them (fiction but based on true stories/experiences).

Actually just searched up daemonism and that totally matches! That's actually really cool. It said some stuff about someone who has a daemon and practices daemonism is called a daemien. Is 'practising daemonsim' basically just the act of communicating with your daemon?

Last edited:

Sammer4puma

Pronouns
Masculine
I have always been a big fan of the Pink Panther movies and probably my favourite is 'A Shot in the Dark'.

I watched 'The Pink Panther Strikes Again' the other night and the scene where Clouseau questions the staff at the professor's house always has me in stitches it also has the very beautiful Lesley Anne Down in it.