What clothes do you wear to satisfy you kintype(s)? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

What clothes do you wear to satisfy you kintype(s)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kitzzza, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Kitzzza

Kitzzza Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ201.64
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :idontcare:
    What clothes do you wear to make you feel more comfortable in your human body? Also, know any cheap or average price stores that are great for otherkin or certain kintypes? For my demonic and fallen angel kintypes I wear lots of gold and silver colored jewelry. I like to wear a lot of black and paint my nails black too. I wear a lot of metal feather jewelry to symbols the wings I once had. Hopefully getting more fallen angel stuff. And when I get older I'm buying fangs, colored contacts (with slit pupils), black lipstick, horns, and A LOT of tattoos!

2. Sandra

Sandra Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ54.25
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    There isn't much that satisfies my kin type. Though I normally wear small skirts because we Arachekin can't wear pants due to the fact we have eight legs and a pair of pedipalps. It's a bit awkward with this human body and how human males oggle at it.

3. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    My kintype is me...so there's no satisfying "it" there's just satisfying me....and, when it all boils down to it, wearing clothing in the first place is annoying and unnatural...but the human that is me would not walk around naked in front of random strangers, so no nudist colony for me.

4. Kira von Celeritas

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ131.38
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    I agree with Seraphyna here on the part that my kintype is me so I can only choose to feel comfortable in my clothes myself. I prefer dark clothes, mostly black but this is my human preference. If there were such things without looking weird I would love to wear shirts with holes in the back for my wings. It would feel way more comfortable than the clothes on them. On the other side I feel more comfortable with my back covered as a human.

I don`t know if the others of my system have other preferences but they never complained about black. Nerja used to be more vain than me in the past and was often complaining about our look but she got used to how I dress and is okay with it now. I guess Linn is the only one of us who would prefer to dress up childish, cute and colorful but she is the youngest and I don`t wish to dress like a four year`s old. And I noticed that wearing a hat with cat ears triggers the phantom ones`s of Feline so I guess she would prefer me wearing such things all the time. We all love certain jewelery that symbolizes ourselves but I don`t buy everything for the others. I guess I wouldn`t have much money then and nearly everything would have been spent on different jewelery XD

5. Shoku

Shoku Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ35.04
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Since my KinType is from Ancient Feudal Japan i enjoy old styled Kimonos and such to make myself feel at home as well as cosplay armor to feel safe like when i was wielded by my master on the battle field. I try to keep loose clothes on so i can move freely and easily without feeling tired down. I also love to wear shawls because it feels connected as if they are my wings.

6. Svant Ixen

Svant Ixen Fire in the Sky
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33,166.57
    Background KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionSilver Dragon CoinGold Dragon CoinFerocious Green DragonChibi DragonFerocious Navy DragonBronze Otherkin HeptagramBronze Dragon CoinFerocious Red DragonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    I have a silver dragon necklace, if that means anything? I can't think of specific clothing types, though...

7. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I personally hate wearing clothes and I feel uncomfortable when wearing them. In my opinion, clothes that are not for protecting your genitals, or to protect yourself from vicious elements (like snow or snow-storms, sand-storms etc) are unnecessary.

Wearing clothes for the sake of 'decency' is stupid and just restricts your movement and your body.

Although I have my own views, it is illegal to go outside with no clothes on so I generally wear very loose clothing that I can run in, like sweat pants and a t shirt.

8. MamaMath

MamaMath Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ198.10
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I don't know if it has any link to my kin type, but I adore making myself pretty. Putting up cute clothes, make up, doing my hair... It make me feel powerfull, like an armour or something.

I have a net preference for flowy and vintage dress. If I get phantoms shift it's much more confortable. I also enjoy backless dress and shirt. Bra are a pure nightmare, but I have to wear them or endure back pain.

Scarf are also a plus. Big, flowwy, colorfull scarf.

And I started just walking everywhere bare feets. I saw so many people do it during larp, it has become quite liberating.

9. TheJackedRose

Bones:
    Ƀ189.79
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Kintype comfort wise, I love things that are backless so like halter tops and similar clothes. I like the things I wear to be loose and flowing so that its not too constricting. I don't like tight things on my legs if I can avoid it, so shorts or skirts. This makes summer time the best season for clothes for me.

Kintype looks wise I like to have more formal or regal looks if I can. I've been known for always dressing one step higher than needed, including day-to-day clothes (though college has just about kicked that out of me :oops:). I've been working more golds into my wardrobe as well, and just warmer colors in general.

Of course, my kintype is just one part of my identity so it all depends on my whims and the day and the occasion. As for where I get my clothes, it's mostly goodwill - there's many many different types of clothing there and a lot of it can't be found in stores easily anymore (for better or worse :neutral2:).

10. Paniczoure

Paniczoure The White-Furred Artist
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ131.55
    Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :)
    I just wear a moonstone necklace, nothing special..

11. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ578.79
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :mad:
    My kintype is myself so I wear what I want.

Generally, I like to look nice. I like long skirts with lots of flow to to them, as well as comfortable pants or shorts. My wardrobe is mostly darker colors but thats only because I haven't shopped for clothes in awhile. I like colors that go with the seasons, so, right now I wear lots of red or firey colors.

12. Dae

Dae Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ46.09
    Otherkin Heptagram
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I tend to wear long pants and a jacket bc the feeling on air on bare skin feels weird. Which gets hard to handle in the summer and I need to resort to a thin jacket and shorts, but I normally wear very long socks with them to even it out~ I wear clip-on tails pretty casually, around the house and half the time when I go out, as well as a necklace with a pretty glass/crystal on it that's cloudy blue and green in the center, reminds me of natural springs~ That's about it I suppose, I don't have any advice on cheap tails or nice necklaces sadly :pensive2:

13. dysmorphicdemon

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ45.62
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    i wear black horns and black gloves with false claws on them that i made to help me feel less dysphoria in my human vessel. i enjoy dark and black clothing as well. but the one thing that always makes me feel more comfortable in my human vessel is drawing on my skin to make me feel more... me, in a sense.

14. AshenMist

AshenMist Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ33.21
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    o_O
    I wear a necklace with fur totem and a moonstone. I wear my silver fox tail and collar everywhere except work. I try to keep my nails long as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lila Night

Lila Night Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I just wear gray .. I dont like to wear shorts the will cover up my tail ..

16. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    I enjoying wearing my cascading cardigan sweater and wrapping it around me or wrapping the cut part around my arms. It gives me the same feel and warmth of wings and in general is just comforting. Wearing dark shades and pink shades are what I generally wear to sastisfy my kintypes.

17. Lila Night

Lila Night Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I have a gray tail that I like to wear . I have three colars that I like the wear. One is s chain with a charm and the other is a diy for a lether collar made from a belt. I also have so ears to match my tail

• Like Like x 1
  18. erens

erens Hatchling
    'Kinbook User

Bones:
    Ƀ301.53
    Chibi Stawberry
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I actually ordered stuff from my Eren canon so I can feel more at home. I mean, I ordered the key to my dad's basement. I'm saving for the Survey Corp cape.

In terms of my being kin with cats, I really want to get cat ears? But I don't know how much they cost or where I should buy them from.
     Eren  

19. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.61
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    I don't really feel this is about "satisfying my kintypes" as much as it is about expressing myself, because ultimately being a therianthrope is a part of who I am. I have two tails that I used to wear quite often, but I only wear now on special occasions or when I'm with friends because it's not really practical to wear them constantly. I also used to wear a collar quite often (despite the fact wolves don't wear collars), but I don't do that much anymore either.

I have a lot of graphic t-shirts with wolves on them. I wear these all the time. I also have two tees with foxes on them (as fox shirts are harder to find) and I wear them quite often as well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zaphaera

Zaphaera Hatchling
    Cybertronian

Bones:
    Ƀ228.58
    Ferocious Alabaster Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I second seraphyna on this. There is no clothing that would make me feel more like a dragon, or more comfortable as a human. Being nude is as natural and the most comfortable it gets, but alas, can't always do that. Having phantom limbs or my aura generally covers feeling like my kintype though, but even then I don't have a need to "satisfy" anything to do with it.

Being otherkin is simply who I am, its not a fashion statement or something I need to satisfy. I am what I am, and that's that. I've never really agreed with wearing things to make ones kintype more visible, or the going trend of "therian gear". T-shirts or jewlery is fine, though I don't get why that would make someone feel more comfortable to be honest, with general animal-like kintypes anyway.

A necklace is usually the only thing I would wear, but even then I'd rather wear one of a raven to honor my spirit guide instead. To each their own though I suppose.