• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

What happened to the site???

Addy-River

We were told she was trying to find a way to move blogs over. I will be glad when they get moved over cause all I really did here was post in my blog.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
same! I wont lie, and understand im not attacking anyone but Im pretty upset about it. I know she'll find a way to move them over soon but my anxiety is rather nagging. I put a lot of work into my Blog, and, well actually Bendy doesn't really care about his but still.

If they cannot be moved over I hope for at least an archive of my blog...

Sekath

We were told she was trying to find a way to move blogs over. I will be glad when they get moved over cause all I really did here was post in my blog.
Yah same. I worked hard on those blog entries and I actually wanted to go back so I can remember what I had written about something.

I would hope that the database table that still holds all of the blog entries still exists, but I've never worked with forum migrations specifically so I'm not sure if irrelevant tables are deleted in the process or not.

(Irrelevant as in the feature itself not existing on the new platform)

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
...great.
IS THERE A BACKUP OF THE OLD ENTRIES?? Agh I'm sorry about the caps but my blog was important to me! I put a lot of thought and work into it... and I'd at least like recording of my posts so I can put them back...

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
  • The blogs system is back up, and there is an archive of old entries online at https://archive.kinmunity.com - you'll need to login with your old-site credentials in order to view your blog. You can then manually copy them over.

...great.
IS THERE A BACKUP OF THE OLD ENTRIES?? Agh I'm sorry about the caps but my blog was important to me! I put a lot of thought and work into it... and I'd at least like recording of my posts so I can put them back...
  • There is indeed a backup of blog entries. You can login to https://archive.kinmunity.com from now until December 20th in order to view it. Please keep in mind, you must use the password you had prior to the site switching to the new platform.

Is the password reset button for the archive bugged or just not intended to work? I tried it and after clicking on the link in the email it didn't prompt me to reset. I'm trying to reset because I can't get in with the passwords I thought I had, and now I have to wait 14 minutes between each attempt

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
Is the password reset button for the archive bugged or just not intended to work? I tried it and after clicking on the link in the email it didn't prompt me to reset. I'm trying to reset because I can't get in with the passwords I thought I had, and now I have to wait 14 minutes between each attempt
It is not intended to work, nor is any "write" function to the archive site. Please keep a lookout in your PM box for a password.