• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

What is the weirdest thing you do when you're alone?

Effervescent-Daydream

When people are in my house with me I am an incredibly quiet person. I don't talk much, always listen to music/videos with headphones on, tend to move quietly, etc. I hardly make any noise at all most days unless I approach someone or they come up to me and a conversation starts somehow. Yet when people aren't around I'm far noisier and more vocal. I'll loudly listen to music or sing sometimes, even though I admittedly sound terrible. I also tend to talk to myself. And I don't mean the "Okay, i'm going to go make a grilled cheese, get a bottle of water then watch some youtube. Let's do this!" kind of talking to myself either. I mean I have full, out-loud conversations with absolutely no one while making exaggerated hand movements and occasionally even walking around. I would probably be locked away if anyone saw me, they would likely assume I had lost my mind.

What weird things do you do when no one is around?

hi! That happends to me a lot! I think we take out our real personality when no one is around right? haha. I like dance and sing like crazy when im alone, plus i like to roll in bed like a dog 🙂

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Alone in the house? What's that? I'm the only one in my household who can drive, so they never leave unless I make them leave. Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

On the rare occasions when that happens, sometimes I clean. That's much easier to do when no one is around to hear you curse them out. Or I take a nap. (Found the parent!) When was the last time I was alone anyway? I have no problems listening to loud music, dancing around,  or talking to myself when people are home. Well, ok I don't talk to myself when someone else is in the room, otherwise they'll think I'm talking to them. I don't care if they think I'm crazy, that's already a given. 

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
Rough house with Zack and talk to him out loud as if he was physically here.

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
I run around the house in full force as a mode of travel. Soup timer goes off? gotta go fast into the kitchen to turn my soup off.

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
Zack: "I usually smell myself or smell Maria when I front and we're alone."

S

shadowqueenofemoron

Unverified
I dance to music, sometimes play with my cat, and/or I sit and meditate and sometimes speak to my people in the astral realm in Dragon out loud when no one is home.

S

Space_Cowboy

Unverified
I talk to myself in the worse British accent ever or talk like a pirate 

I do have to posit that talking to yourself is Normal and Good For You and most people of all kinds do it at least sometimes--especially in cultures with very small or infrequent social spheres!!
I hella talk animatedly to myself bc otherwise I will Squirrel and NOT do what I need to do alone at home!

I'd probably be kinda weird to most people, but that's just because witchcraft and meditation are regular parts of my day and my house is full of plants and bones. And you gotta talk to your plants and bathe them in your breath; it's just polite! I don't have curtains or blinds on any of my windows, either, because of our isolation. Pretty sure that alone would weird out 95% of folks. I just can;t imagine living a life with the windows closed all the time!!! How suffocating!! So all my dressing and cleaning and personal care alone would be weird.

As for kin stuff... I just sorta do my thing in elf ears. Art, writing, reading, music. Yoga. Sing-songing, howling, making weird noises at cats. I take everything niiiiiice and sloooooow and unhurried when I am at home. That's my chill time to take awareness in each step.

I run around at full speed, and wear my tail just to run around in circles and chase it. I also enjoy padding around on all fours and scratching myself (as best as I can) with my legs, and also with biting the itches away. It's fun as. I also like to yelp, bark, growl and howl, much to the dismay of my neighbours with dogs lmao. It's just fun to let myself shift and be wild when no one else is at home.

Star_3_Dreamer

Gold Donor
When I’m alone, I make all sorts of clicks, chirps, whistles, and grumbles. Sometimes I forget and do it when I’m not alone...😓I use sounds to talk to myself more often than I use words. Though sometimes, I like to talk in made-up nonsense words! When I’m alone, I’m also free to hop and skip around, get the zoomies (gotta go fast), crawl around like a fool, or just lay on the floor.