Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

What songs (name one or two of your favorites) bring your kin-side to the surface?

I listen to a lot of rock, and always have, though recently I have found a few songs that really bring my wolf side out. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails (VERY EXPLICIT, NOT MEANT FOR LITTLE EARS), "All My Life" by Foo Fighters (Somewhat explicit, much better than "Closer") and "Cut the Cord" by Shinedown (Clean but awesome song). These bring out the hunting- or fight-ready side, as they are high energy with a great beat, but other songs like "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day is a more chill one for me.

"Golden Eyes" by Mercedes Lackey - it gives good tingles, probably even more so for werecats since it's literally about them, but it's not very primal or anything.
"Creature of the Wood" by Heather Alexander - that one gets the feral blood pumping for me. Heavy satyr energy here.

"Golden Eyes" by Mercedes Lackey - it gives good tingles, probably even more so for werecats since it's literally about them, but it's not very primal or anything.
"Creature of the Wood" by Heather Alexander - that one gets the feral blood pumping for me. Heavy satyr energy here.
Finally! Someone else who likes Heather Alexander! I like "March of Cambreadth" for a pump-up song. I didn't know that Mercedes Lackey was a songwriter or singer, I thought she was just an author, but I will check that out!

This should come as no surprise that the theme and ending tracks from Sonic Forces = phantom shifts, among other things. Fist Bump and The Light of Hope, I mean.

(I suppose this isn't really the same since I'm a soulbond, not fictionkin, but any of the songs that have been assigned as my themes in the games make me very happy. Endless Possibility is definitely a favourite.)

selil

songs that bring out my kin: 'monster' by imagine dragons and probably 'come along' by Cosmo Sheldrake
I also really like 'soldier, poet, king' by the oh hellos but i don't know why.

P.S i listened to 'closer' by nine inch nails, definitely not for little ears! (brilliant song though)

songs that bring out my kin: 'monster' by imagine dragons and probably 'come along' by Cosmo Sheldrake
I also really like 'soldier, poet, king' by the oh hellos but i don't know why.

P.S i listened to 'closer' by nine inch nails, definitely not for little ears! (brilliant song though)
Glad I put the warning, but I like Monster by Imagine Dragons too!

"Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation has been getting me lately. It reminds me of warm, dark nights in nature (particularly the desert, the jungle, and/or the beach) and the drawn-out vocalizations remind me of howling. Lines like "felling any foe with my gaze / steadily emergin' with grace" remind me of how dingos are Australia's apex predator. Nothing intensely primal, but definitely moody and atmospheric.

I definitely get real mental-shifty with "Young and a Menace" by Fall Out Boy - I was drawn to it initially because it reminded me of how angsty I was as a teen (as the title implies about the song's subject matter). However, when I hear the instrumental transition from the bridge to the chorus... I have to be very conscious of if I'm ready to handle it when driving because the chorus and general high/low of the song's pace puts me in a sort of trace. It's powerful for me.

CopperCoyote

I can't explain why, but ambient, somewhat melecholic songs always make me feel super shifty . . . well, that and tribal music with woodwinds and stuff, but it's no surprise why those do it for me.

Here are some of my favorites

Kodaline - Brother (Official Video)

Of Monsters And Men - Dirty Paws (Official Lyric Video)

Of Monsters and Men - King And Lionheart (Official Video)

Fox Fires - Animated Short Film

[Undertale] Regina Spektor - The Call

Ly O Lay Ale Loya (Circle Dance) ~ Native Song

Also, this version of Hallelujah. Again, no idea why it works. Just does.
Hallelujah - 4 norwegian singers

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Music is made by humans, and tends to bias me toward the human side. I'm more likely to find one with relevant lyrics than one that actually makes me shifty. Anyway here are my picks this round.

Since that one is depressing, I'll add this one too: