Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What songs (name one or two of your favorites) bring your kin-side to the surface?

Beepy Data Center

Pronouns
Other
No specific song, but Kraftwerk is an entire machinekin mood. Their entire aesthetic since the 1960s has been "we are robots and we are singing about technology, science, and the future." They even have this song where they're like "we are robots" and "we are man machines" (in German, of course).

The Glitch Mob and Basshunter (along with songs Basshunter inspired, basically 2007 trance eurovision edm) really put me in a machinekin mood as well.

D

Deleted member 55627

Unverified
I'm just gonna write a list because... uh.. theres a lot and I wanna share them all so... Btw listen to them if you want because they're good songs.

-Cradles by Sub Urban
-Bumblebees Are Out by Jack Stauber
-Literally anything by Hozier but some specifics are Work Song, Angel of Small Death & The Codeine Scene, and Arsonists Lullaby
-Test Me by Melanie Martinez
-Nico and the Niners by Twenty One Pilots

There's a lot more but those are 5 of them. I tend to associate a lot of things with my kintype because

koaniiwolf

Pronouns
Neutral
I listen to a lot of rock, and always have, though recently I have found a few songs that really bring my wolf side out. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails (VERY EXPLICIT, NOT MEANT FOR LITTLE EARS), "All My Life" by Foo Fighters (Somewhat explicit, much better than "Closer") and "Cut the Cord" by Shinedown (Clean but awesome song). These bring out the hunting- or fight-ready side, as they are high energy with a great beat, but other songs like "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day is a more chill one for me.
probably "Invincible" by Skillet and "Animal I have Become" by Three Days Grace

Polyphonic Minds

Otherhearted
Plural
Fictionkin
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Music is the primary thing connecting me to my fictotype, so this is a good question for me. Any Gorillaz song works. Especially The Now Now or The Fall. Theres also a few Plastic Beach songs.

(^^^^Murdoc actually wrote these, but they make me feel things.)

Here are songs written by 2D (my kin)... Also by Damon Albarn. It's kinda like what I sounded like, but not exactly it. When I listen to it I hear Damon Albarn. Not 2D.

Gorillaz - Souk Eye (Visualiser)
Gorillaz - Fire Flies (Visualiser)
Gorillaz - Amarillo - The Fall
Gorillaz - Revolving Doors - The Fall

Here's a newer song that I connect to...
Gorillaz - Aries ft. Peter Hook & Georgia (Episode Three)

I don't know if Song Machine ever happened in my canon. A lot of it is unfamiliar, especially the return to plastic beach. I don't feel comfortable sharing why, but there is something that happened in that life that would explain it. This song still resonates, though.

Finna Alsvartr

Wolf-Mermaid-Demon Thing
Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Ok I know I started this thread but I gotta add something

Demonic vibes from the moment I heard it three years ago (Dad raised me right)

Disgustipated by Tool

thedoctor

Pronouns
Masculine
I may be a Contherian but songs that I feel truly represent my fictotype are Semi-Automatic and Migraine by Twenty One Pilots.

D

Deleted member 56966

Unverified
I listen to a lot of rock, and always have, though recently I have found a few songs that really bring my wolf side out. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails (VERY EXPLICIT, NOT MEANT FOR LITTLE EARS), "All My Life" by Foo Fighters (Somewhat explicit, much better than "Closer") and "Cut the Cord" by Shinedown (Clean but awesome song). These bring out the hunting- or fight-ready side, as they are high energy with a great beat, but other songs like "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day is a more chill one for me.
Wolves by Selena Gomez lol because the tittle explains it all

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
'Wild Heart' by Beth Crowley

'I Will Wait' by Mumford & Sons (Focus on the music not the lyrics with this one. To be honest I don't actually know why this one brings forth my wolf but it just... does)