Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What songs (name one or two of your favorites) bring your kin-side to the surface?

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other

The hardly distinguishable lyrics and heavy beat brings me affirmative comfort.

Talviyo

Pronouns
Masculine
Definitely Message From The Sun by Sonata Arctica. I actually named myself after the album that it's off of, and that song was one of the major reasons why I decided to do that. :D

D

Deleted member 57478

Unverified
Lilo by the Japanese House brings back memories of my favorite person from my source. It is comforting and painful at the same time. I am considering adding a lyric or two to my signature or profile.

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Howling by cartoon, Flesh and bone from zombies 2, Call to the wild from zombies 2, and Running with wolves wolf walkers cover

Māoni

+Primal Member
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Furry
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I just found this one! I'm so excited since it references wanting to turn into a dingo and stay with them, how the dingoes call to the singer. :howl:

"And I would swap these hands for paws
Dirty fingernails for claws
Don't care about the dirt or fleas
Leave behind all human parts of me

Drive past signs, be scared of home
I love this heat and red dust place
Haunted by fucking dingoes
They're calling me, I want to stay"

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
I just found this one! I'm so excited since it references wanting to turn into a dingo and stay with them, how the dingoes call to the singer. :howl:

"And I would swap these hands for paws
Dirty fingernails for claws
Don't care about the dirt or fleas
Leave behind all human parts of me

Drive past signs, be scared of home
I love this heat and red dust place
Haunted by fucking dingoes
They're calling me, I want to stay"

Wow her voice is really good! I like it! And the message is, of course, beautiful. I like the guitar too.

moby

+Primal Member
VIP
Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
ooh!!! i like this one!! i have a playlist of shift songs :] they're mostly just upbeat & cute instrumentals but I've found that's what works best!!
here's a couple:

onigiri freeway - OISHII [ ]

mitchirineko march - mitchirineko [ ]

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
All time low - Foxy (BOXINBOX and Lionsize remix.)
Freak show - Foxy (Nightcore version.)
Universe cat drowning - Foxy
Ready as I'll ever be - Spiritsun

Winter'sTouch

Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
Cannibal by Ke$ha- Gives me demon and Nixie vibes
Saint Bernard- My C'link Eztli vibes
Play With Fire- All of them, really
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana- Kipo
This is Home or Home by Cavetown- My synpath, Shigaraki, but also the part of my life where i was a fallen angel and hadn't become a demon yet.
Rat by Penelope Scott- Definitely Kipo and my demon life

Pronouns
Masculine
tread on me by matt maeson, why'd you only call me when you're high by arctic monkeys, jealousy jealousy by olivia rodrigo, and love the way you lie by eminem seem to get me into fictionkin shifts the most.

Kirby_and_Impish

Genderflux Pride
Otherkin
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Masculine
Humans - KLOUD - Impish
Tip Toe Thru' The Tulips with me - Tiny Tim - Idk Just the vibes it gives me make me shifty. - Kirby
Tv Head - Elliot Lee - Jade
Laplace's angel (Hurt people? Hurt people!) - Will Wood - Zim

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
African Skies by Stephen J. Anderson is a song that never fails to make me feel like my kinself, and sometimes triggers a shift. I think it would be similar to a song that my race might hypothetically have sung (if we had a concept of music that is) for hatching eggs/newborn dragons.
Spirit of the Wild by Brunuhville absolutely never fails to fire my imagination and put into my head images of flight. Especially it makes me feel like flying with a huge group of fellow dragons (on my world it was called a "frolic" of dragons lol). It feels so free, so wild, so joyful. Just like flying with friends was for me.
And to take a slightly different turn in feel from the first two I mentioned, Völuspá by Wardruna also gives me strong kinfeels and tends to trigger shifts. Again, though my race never created music, this is the sort of music we would have played if we had. Particularly in celebration, odd though that might seem to a human listener.

VoidFox

Pronouns
Neutral
Any extreme core dark/negative type of music,...... What?....*everyone looks at me*
im a nogitsune i have to feed off of negative energy somehow, i perfer dark/negative vibrational energy from speakers instead of latching onto others, much safer,

also like dark Ambient, drones, etc, but i use them to help me with sleep/meditations

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
If this counts, the Piggy jumpscares trigger strong phantom shifts. If your going to watch the video, TW for loud noises, small blood, and weapons! ⚠

Post automatically merged:

If this counts, the Piggy jumpscares trigger strong phantom shifts. If your going to watch the video, TW for loud noises, small blood, and weapons! ⚠

Honestly would listen to this on repeat for hours, same with themes.

Buckaruin

Pronouns
Neutral
OOOOOH EXCELLENT
I love Faceshopping by Sophie (rip). It sounds utterly feral with the industrial noises. Makes me feel like a bloodthirsty, unknowable creature (thus, right at home!).

It was a hard tie between Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio and The Nothing by SWARM buuuut I'm going with The Nothing. It makes me feel like I'm stalking high-profile prey in a cursed forest.

rammies

Pronouns
Masculine
Hmm..!! I’d have to say “After Dark” by Mr. Kitty, “Masquerade” by Siouxxie, and “Push” by Jack Conte have sort of an ominous vibe to them, and make me feel more akin to my vampire kintype. The song “Suburbia Overture/ Greetings from Mary Bell Township!/ (Vampire) Culture/ Love me, Normally” by Will Wood also brings out a shift too! :D

VoidFox

Pronouns
Neutral
Its not really A song, but i feel a different side of myself when i listen to this, even though it's not Dark related to my kin type, i feel a much deeper connection with myself on another level, sometimes on a unexplainable levels of self awareness about myself as a whole as well (don't have to listen to this if you don't want to)

I feel different sides of myself, making peace with my chaotic and dark side of my kin type, maybe this is the best option for me to follow from now on, don't get me wrong, im still very chaotic and dark in nature, just need a break from it from time to time