What We Carry | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

What We Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gryneos, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    :)
    Recently, age came up in chat, and due to mine (54), it was surmised that it must be easy for me to get around as I had nothing to carry. Au contraire! I'm almost as much of a gadget geek as some of y'all, and maybe even moreso once you read the following list.

Now, while this might lead some to think I'm just opening myself up for people to steal from me, first they'd have to know me and where I live. Plus, most of the following stuff is quite obsolete or not used by most people anyway. (I figure I'll get some questions about why I use media players when phones can do the same. Sure, when they can play FLAC files at all, that is. Sound-quality is more important to me than convenience.)

If anyone wants to list what they carry, go ahead. No need to be as detailed as I unless you just want to show off, too ;)

Also, I don't carry my satchel everywhere. It's primarily for work and when I eat out (almost always alone, so I can set up for writing, such as this post.) If I'm going out to eat or to a movie with friends, I only take my wallet, keys, and the Albuterol, and don't even take my phone (it's not smart enough to do the Internet well, and I get so few texts as to not even bother most days.) I'm going out to talk to those I'm with, or experience the movie together, not be perpetually connected to the "social" life. Being "disconnected" is bliss :D

Satchel contents

Satchel - PacSafe Courier Bag (no longer manufactured)
    AlphaSmart Dana (portable word-processor, PalmOS, no wifi, no Internet (i.e., distraction-free!), small LCD monochrome touchscreen) (no longer manufactured)
    Kindle 3 Keyboard (and hemp book-cover carrying case)
    Cowon S9 (16gb media player - back-up)
    Cowon Z2 (32gb onboard, MicroSD slot, primary media player)
    soundmatters foxL Dash7 (bluetooth speaker)
    Yuin PK3 earbuds (and aluminum screwtop carrying-can case)
    I’d like to get a pair of PK1s, but will have to get a headphone amp to drive them.
    Phone (Kyocera Loft, aka, Crackberry Lite) (no longer manufactured)
    Leatherman Multi-tool (not pictured because it doesn’t seem to be manufactured any more)
    wallet
    Albuterol and Symbicort inhalers
    Reading glasses and hemp-fabric case
    Denim-hemp-cotton carrier with assorted glass and stainless drinking straws, cleaning brush, and glass stirrer.
    Assorted pens, mechanical pencils, highlighters, box-cutters, post-its, business card holder and assorted cards, magnifiers, toothpicks, flat multi-tool, micro-SD carrying case with six 64-gb cards (mostly full of albums, some video), folding scissors, anti-histamines, spare handkerchiefs, microfiber cloth for glasses, eye drops, cough drops, assorted herbal and green tea bags, house and car keys, and one bamboo back-scratcher ;)

2. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    I actually hate carrying things around. I really do, even a purse. If I *have* to bring something with me in a purse, it's only my phone, ID, and inhaler. Also whatever crap has collected in said purse, which is why I hate purses lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    Some might suggest that I'm basically carrying a purse, just renamed as a satchel. Yet, I do keep my satchel organized. It didn't take nearly as long to name everything in it as it did finding links for what would likely be unfamiliar to most here...

The reason I carry so much is that I'm almost always alone when I'm out, and I like to be prepared for any change in my interests of the moment :cool:

4. Lavrii

Lavrii Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ5.01
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    That's a lot of stuff!!! Woah. Lets see. I only put stuff in my pockets. My phone, earphones, wallet, keys, some type of toy, and the most important thing.... Playing Cards!!! I love playing cards with friends! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    In my handbag I carry my phone, wallet, an MP3 player, sunnies, a pen, 3 flash drives, keys (house and car kept separate), a spare menstrual pad or two, too many receipts, 2 lip balms, some mail from a couple years ago, and a water bottle. If I'm going to uni I also cram my binder in there and whatever theory books I happen to be reading.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.37
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I always take my backpack with me everywhere if I'm going somewhere, things I bring with me is:
    - Wallet
    - Phone
    - Id
    - Dogs insurance papers (cause you never know)
    - Notebook and pen
    - Lucky symbol paper thing a teacher gave me for good luck.
    - Earphones
    - Portable phone charger.

• Like Like x 2
  7. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    That's a ton of neat gadgets! I'm the stuff as much into my pockets as possible kind of guy, so I don't often have a bag.
    I usually keep my phone, it's charger, wallet, 3DS, notepad + writing instrument and a bunch of other random odds and ends. Actually my memory is so bad that I like to play this game with myself called 'what's in my pockets?' were I stuff the weirdest stuff I can find into my pockets for later. Once I had 6 packets of peanuts from the same pair of shorts.
    If I have to bring a bag it's my backpack that always has my sketchbook, pencil case, contact solution, various chargers, a tiny etch a sketch, whatever small knitting/crochet project I have, and my deck box (with my yugioh cards, always prepared to duel).

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.39
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    With Jodi on this one, I hate carrying thinks around I find it restricts my movement and annoys me, so when I have to take a bag it contains the bare minimum, phone, keys, ID and money. I do however have a bag I take with me when I go out exploring somewhere, the bag usually contains nothing but has many pockets for things I might find and want to bring home with me, feathers, bones etc, it's a proper outdoorsy bag so I don't mind it too much.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Redfang

Redfang Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ4.50
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Since fourth grade I have brought a satchel with me or had my pockets filled. In fifth grade I had a leather satchel with like ten pockets and I carried a ton of stuff. I don't fill my pocket with things anymore, but I do really enjoy inside pockets. As for my satchel, I carry my keys, money, gift cards, a tiny perfume, sharpies, a pencil, extra contacts and occasionally candy. Oh and of course gum!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    Thanks for the replies so far. Keep 'em coming! :D

I have to admit that I'm the kind of guy that hates having really much of anything in my pockets. The only two things that I don't mind at all are my handkerchiefs, and a little deerskin coin purse I've had for the last twenty years or so. It keeps my change from rattling and just being loose and unorganized, plus it's soft so I hardly notice it's there. Can't stand sitting on my wallet, and my chiropractor recommends not doing that anyway (aggravates the sciatic nerve.)

However, I did buy some nice workman's pants from Duluth Trading that have a great plethora of pockets, and I will stuff things into them once I'm sitting (not a fan of my phone/media-player slapping my knees as I walk.) I still can't figure out how one inside pocket is supposed to be used (or accessed!) though ;)

11. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    My purse always contains this and only this:
    Keys
    Lipgloss
    Wallet
    Phone
    and sometimes hand sanitizer

• Like Like x 2
  12. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I do love me some big strong pockets to hold stuff in.

In my right pocket: (I mentally merged the two words and got "rocket pocket" and got all sorts of fun ideas.)
    - Keys (About 15) - Half of which I cut myself. Probably more than half.
    - Wallet (About 2.5" thick) - This thing is torn to shreds, but it works. I wish I had one of those scanner-blocking wallets. They're not expensive. I'm just lazy. :)
    - A large piece of cardboard that goes between the above two items and my leg so the keys don't dig into anything.

Left pocket:
    - A thin black sharpie.
    - A thick red sharpie. I use them both vigorously between home life and work life.
    - A USB stick holding my malware-removal tools and my general life improvement programs.
    - A USB stick with with a bootable Hiren's BootCD 15.2. This thing is amazing. It can remove Windows Profile passwords between XP, Vista, and 7. Not 8 though.
    - A Laser Pet Toy. I bought it to use as a laser point for when I'm showing someone something on a computer screen, but it doesn't display very well on a monitor, so I use it as a pet toy. :p It's a lot more effective on that usage.
    - A safety knife. The blade extends about a third of an inch, and the trigger must be held continuously to be extended. It is the least manly knife I have ever used. It's the only knife I'm allowed to carry on one of the jobs.
    - 4 pens. I keep lending them out and they never make their way back to me, but I also keep finding pens everywhere. 4 is just the magical average, it seems.
    - A page from a Death Note. Just in case. I have never used it.
    - My phone. It's one of those old Tracfones that are supercheap that can't do anything but text and call.

#12 Raijun, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  13. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Another little note here, does any one else here who uses their pockets as their main method of carrying and transporting goods have trouble with forgetting things in their other pants/shorts?
    I'm almost always lost when I change my pants because everything was in my last pair! It happens almost without fail even when I try to remember.

14. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    That's a really good question. Whenever I change my pants, I always take everything out of them (including a belt) and put everything into two bowls near my bedroom door; one for each pocket. It just makes things so much easier to manage. I can't forget anything on the way out due to the objects' proximity to the door.

• Like Like x 2
  15. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    That's an incredibly smart idea, which I might have to steal from you- though I'm not all that organized and I always end up just dumping my pockets onto the floor before bed. We'll see if I can start taking them out and putting them aside.

16. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Well if you put them on the floor, you run the risk of stepping on them when you come and go into the room. But that makes it almost entirely impossible to forget something because you've stepped on it. I am going to be sarcastic in a super-friendly way when I say something to the effect of "That's one way to do it." :p Haha.

I actually have done that before, and it works, but I have very sensitive feet and very stomp-worthy shoes. Whatever that means.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Usually carry around a sachtel of large bag that I keep stocked with:
    • 1-5 notebooks
    • Pens, pencils, lead, erasers
    • Small bag of crystals/stones
    • Bag of rune stones
    • Phone charger
    • Keys
    • Card case
    • Sometimes: 3DS and charger, dice, camera, snacks, drinks, and just about anything I'd need and can fit

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I used to carry a lot of things around in a purse/bag, such as tissues, hand sanitizer, cleansing wipes, gum, mints, notepad, yadda yadda, so on and so forth, until the end of time. I eventually just found it too cumbersome, and my back/neck/shoulder/arthritis issues make it difficult to do so. I usually just carry what can fit into my pockets (cargo pants/shorts): my Cheshire Cat wallet and iPhone 6 Plus. I'll sometimes carry my New 3DS XL, if I think I might become bored and have time to spare (such as when I'm having a procedure done at the hospital). It goes in one of my lower, larger pockets. If I really expect to be out for a while, I toss it into my small tablet bag, along with my iPad Air 2. My keys are on a karabiner, so those clip onto one of my belt loops. If I'm walking my dog, then a dispenser with biodegradable poo-bags clip onto another belt loop, and I bring a flashnight if it's dark. Things rarely get any more complicated than that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Luario

Luario The Punished
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.31
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    • Phone
    • Wallet
    • Tissues
    • Card-like multitool
    • and keys
    I don't like to carry many things but these are a must have for me (except the tool but like many things it fits in the wallet easly).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Oh wow, I feel pretty weird, I only bring my phone and chapstick with me (addicted to chapstick, ugghhh). Sometimes, I'll have some cash in my phone case, but that's about it.

• Like Like x 2