Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What were your childhood toys?

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I had one childhood toy that I would consider the one I would never get rid of, and that was Lambie. My beanie baby lamb with the cutest little face. I dressed her up in my mom's old Cabbage Patch Kids clothes. Others included Barbies and all things dress-up

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
The majority of my toys have been sold through garage sales which my parents used to have every single year when I was younger (some against my will as there was a limited amount of space for toys). My favorites were zhu zhu pets, stuffed animals (most of which I don't have anymore), perler beads, and small books.
I absolutely couldn't stand playing with dolls when I was younger (they creeped me out from horror movie commercials)-I just never could imagine anything with them since they were inanimate. I had difficulty imagining playing with inanimate toys too unless I could hug/pet them like a stuffed animal. Playfood was the only exception to inanimate objects that didn't move by themselves because due to having food allergies I always had a limited diet and I wanted to see what other foods looked like without smelling them.

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
The majority of my toys have been sold through garage sales which my parents used to have every single year when I was younger (some against my will as there was a limited amount of space for toys). My favorites were zhu zhu pets, stuffed animals (most of which I don't have anymore), perler beads, and small books.
I absolutely couldn't stand playing with dolls when I was younger (they creeped me out from horror movie commercials)-I just never could imagine anything with them since they were inanimate. I had difficulty imagining playing with inanimate toys too unless I could hug/pet them like a stuffed animal.
Now I feel weird for owning three porcelain dolls lol

Dawndust

Pronouns
Feminine
Heyo,

My parents are selling my childhood home and so the last items that belong to me I took to my new place and am currently sorting through. It’s been an emotional task, and it inspired me to ask what toys you guys had when you were young? Even if you’re still young (teen), chances are you don’t really play with the toys you had as a kid like you used to, so you can still answer this.

For me, it’s Breyer horses. I had other toys too, but I was obsessed with horses as a kid and my parents indulged that, which led to horseback riding lessons, as well as horse toys. Breyer horses aren’t reeeeally toys, in that they’re created as collectors items, but I used em as toys. Love the crap out of em too, which makes deciding which ones to keep and which ones I’m giving away that much harder.

View attachment 1331
For me it was a dinosaur plushie (which I no longer have) and a giant purple unicorn because I love unicorns, and when I was four or five one of my aunts gave me an entire shelf of glass unicorns and cats. I know those are really considered toys but I enjoyed them a lot and still do
I could only find my pink unicorn :'(16161561590941362976223.jpg
Edit: I also own these old dolls my aunt gave me: 1616156288384324596131.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Without a doubt, the majority of my toys were stuffed animals. Did anyone else here have Webkinz? Those were the best omg ❤️
Well I'm a teenager so I never really grew up withwith webkinz, BUT I LOVE THEM! :D

Last edited:

youtilla

Pronouns
Feminine
Heyo,

My parents are selling my childhood home and so the last items that belong to me I took to my new place and am currently sorting through. It’s been an emotional task, and it inspired me to ask what toys you guys had when you were young? Even if you’re still young (teen), chances are you don’t really play with the toys you had as a kid like you used to, so you can still answer this.

For me, it’s Breyer horses. I had other toys too, but I was obsessed with horses as a kid and my parents indulged that, which led to horseback riding lessons, as well as horse toys. Breyer horses aren’t reeeeally toys, in that they’re created as collectors items, but I used em as toys. Love the crap out of em too, which makes deciding which ones to keep and which ones I’m giving away that much harder.

View attachment 1331
I have a baby doll name Jessafine my dad bought for me when my twin siblings were born. I love her so much and still sleep with her. I didn't have many toys growing up since my family was kinda broke, but boy i loved Jessafine and she has stayed with me all the way through

Near-Felinity

Pronouns
Neutral
Beanie babies... lots and lots of beanie babies...
And Pokemon. Anything Pokemon. And Neopets, though they had barely any merch in Canada.

I was also big into those Mega Blocks dragons for a while. I feel like I must have driven my parents crazy because the sets came with castles and little knights and stuff, so they were real expensive, but I just played with the dragons lmao