What's a fictive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86kicks1

Oct 15, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Hi! I know what fiction kin is, but I don't know what a fictive is or the difference!! Please help me understand

Akrimau

Nov 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
A fictive doesnt really have to do with kin, it has to do with systems. A fictive is an introject based on a fictional character. An introject is an alter that is based on a person in the systems environment. This can happen because the character or person is comforting to the person and so forms as a defense against trauma (which is why systems form). Introjects of abusers are also common persecutor alters. 

86kicks1

Oct 15, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
A fictive doesnt really have to do with kin, it has to do with systems. A fictive is an introject based on a fictional character. An introject is an alter that is based on a person in the systems environment. This can happen because the character or person is comforting to the person and so forms as a defense against trauma (which is why systems form). Introjects of abusers are also common persecutor alters. 
tysm!! this really helped!

Akrimau

Nov 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
You're welcome! Additionaly, while fictionkin has to identify as the fictional thing to be kin, a fictive may or may not activly identify as what they are based on. I have two fictives in my system right now, both of which started out identifying as literally being the fictional character they were based on, but slowly developing more as individuals and identifying as the character much less or not at all. They are still fictives however, because that describes their origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.