Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What's a thing you do that really makes you feel your kintype?

Respen

Pronouns
Masculine
Apologies if the title is unclear, I'm not the best at wording (especially considering English isn't my first language). But basically, something you do where you feel more like the kintype you are. Like, if you kin any sea creature, swimming could possibly be your thing. Be as specific as you'd like. I'm partly asking because I wanna find more things to do to connect with my therian self, which is hard when I can't exactly go hang out with wolves or something.

One thing I do that makes me really feel my inner kin is eating plain (but not raw) meat with my mouth/hands (no cutlery). No side dish, just a couple of plain slices with no added flavours, almost as if it was in the wild. It would definitely be more realistic if it wasn't prepared in any way, but the sad part is that I am extremely terrified of getting food poisoning, so I don't dare eating it raw. So here's your friendly neighbourhood therian that is too scared to eat like his kin. But the universe decided to give me a human body, so I gotta live by some human body rules at times.

2-D

Otherhearted
Plural
Fictionkin
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
I like to sing. And listen to music. Anything that has to do with music makes me feel more like myself. Fashion is also a part of it. I actually just dress however I want, but a lot of it reminds me of how I used to dress. :)
I just kinda exist and I end up feeling like it anyways... I don't have to do much, but it helps to embrace my self expression.

CrowLove

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Transgender Pride
Otherhearted
Non-Binary Pride
Plural
Otherkin
Crow
Pronouns
Neutral
I like to be in nature, to listen to Lord of the Rings soundrack, to take a walk in the cool dark at night along the river and feel the cool air, to watch landscape videos of New Zealand, Norway, Greenland and Iceland.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
One thing I do that makes me really feel my inner kin is eating plain (but not raw) meat with my mouth/hands (no cutlery). No side dish, just a couple of plain slices with no added flavours, almost as if it was in the wild. It would definitely be more realistic if it wasn't prepared in any way, but the sad part is that I am extremely terrified of getting food poisoning, so I don't dare eating it raw. So here's your friendly neighbourhood therian that is too scared to eat like his kin. But the universe decided to give me a human body, so I gotta live by some human body rules at times.
I have to admit, this one did get a chuckle out of me, because there is a certain familiar sincerity to it for myself on a personal level.

Aside from that, I spend a great deal of time in nature and habitat that just so happens to be a good analogue to where I belong. I might keep to the trail to respect the growth and that I am asked to in parks, but it either way reminds me of a game trail in turn. Just taking my time, winding my way through forest and grassland alike, at high altitude and in cool weather.

So too is it I spend a fair amount of time around other large cats - which I understand is hardly possible for most - and in many ways I pick up on the smallest cues of behavior. Unconsciously I slip back into manifesting myself that way, my breathing slows, each movement is more languid and long, I feel and hear the world around me sharpen, the scents are all different, and all of it comes from being in the right place and with the right company. The thinking mind just lets go here, the rational, human, critical, analytical all goes away.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Bed is one of my favourite places. Hardly anything feels more comfortable than lying under a blanket like it's a den.
I also just love to growl. Deep and guttural. In private of course, especially effective if I have a reason to growl.

Pronouns
Masculine
Oddly enough, I play a game called hungry shark. One of the sharks actually looks a fair amount like my reptilian kintypes. Although most of my time was spent on land basking in sunlight, its still quite therapeutic to just go ham and eat everything in sight

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Golden Shield
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Meditation combined with high powered energy work used to be my main thing, but I had to stop doing that, or at least cut way back on it.

Entering a light trance while dancing does something similar to a lesser degree.

Swinging a sword around is good. Something about the smooth flowing movement just feels right.

For the flying part there's swimming, certain amusement park rides, going fast in general, looking out the window in an airplane. And then there's finding a tall place and just perching there while watching everything.

Koa

Pronouns
Masculine
Knuckle-fist walking, climbing things, using my feet for picking up and holding things, among other things. I also have a stim that's very gently tapping/beating my chest, which is just for sensory purposes and not to "feel" like my possible kintype, but does sometimes have the nice side effect of making me feel that way.

Kirby_and_Impish

Genderflux Pride
Otherkin
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Masculine
We like to watch cartoons...
We know it sounds weird but they remind us of home. Especially ones that take place in another world/planet. We can't help but think that we would thrive better there.
We also like to be around animals. They bring us joy.

Koa

Pronouns
Masculine
I actually do eat (bits of) raw meat sometimes, which makes me feel closer to animals in general, but not necessarily my possible kintypes. Usually while I'm cutting up meat. I'm not suggesting it, but I agree that eating plain (and even raw) meat gives an almost "animalistic" feeling. lol

Jemril the Bard

Pronouns
Masculine
Walking without shoes and socks in the forest.

Being in an animal sanctuary where every life matters and I can connect with non-human animals without hierarchy.

Being in any place I can stop hearing cars. Silence or just the sounds of Nature.

Listening to some instrumental music I can dance (??? well, I try) to. I would like to learn to play some music myself, that would help. 💚

Bubblesbean

Pronouns
Feminine
Being in water, specifically underneath it. Having an oxygen tank and being able to breathe underwater would be magical and would really help me feel myself.

Other than that, the film 'Wolfwalkers'. It sparks a strange but lovely feeling of which I don't know teh name and have not felt anywhere else.

As for my cheetah side... just laying in bed. I have always slept in a very feline position and I feel feline when I do it. I see myself as a cheetah, not a person at this time.

bxtchqveen

Pronouns
Neutral
so many things!

for one --its pretty wierd but eh, who cares- at my job we have pretty deep sinks for the dishes. when the staff is done washing dishes and i finished my tasks, theres usually a 20 minute timeframe of just still, warm and greyish water (the dishes dont get that dirty, people arent allowed to dine in) so i just dip my entire arm in there and start swirling the water around. the dish soap we use smells like genuine sea water and the color is a near match so often im stuck with my entire arm in the sink just gazing deeply into the water. i do this whenever possible and if someone walks in i pretend im cleaning

also, i have a collection of river rocks and crystals that i just run under water sometimes. feeling wet rocks is so soothing.