Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What's something everyone else seems to love that you hate?

beanjamoose

Pronouns
Gatekeeping to "protect the REAL members of a group". I hate it so much! I understand wanting to protect an oppressed group or minority, but sometimes this goes WAY too far. From what I've seen, it just serves to divide an already marginalized group, and that doesn't help at ALL. There's also the invalidation that comes with the whole "real members" thing. (Ofc you can have an opinion, just don't be a jerk about it! Respect people, dangit!)

I tend to call this "hatekeeping" cause it just brews hate and doesn't help anyone.

(And I'd like to specify- There's a difference between "spaces specifically for one part of a group" and "if you aren't one of us, you aren't part of the group." For example, a space only for trauma systems is fine, but saying "If you aren't a trauma system, you aren't a system/you're faking it." isn't ok at all.)

Effervescent-Daydream

Pronouns
Feminine
Gatekeeping to "protect the REAL members of a group". I hate it so much! I understand wanting to protect an oppressed group or minority, but sometimes this goes WAY too far. From what I've seen, it just serves to divide an already marginalized group, and that doesn't help at ALL. There's also the invalidation that comes with the whole "real members" thing. (Ofc you can have an opinion, just don't be a jerk about it! Respect people, dangit!)

I tend to call this "hatekeeping" cause it just brews hate and doesn't help anyone.

(And I'd like to specify- There's a difference between "spaces specifically for one part of a group" and "if you aren't one of us, you aren't part of the group." For example, a space only for trauma systems is fine, but saying "If you aren't a trauma system, you aren't a system/you're faking it." isn't ok at all.)
YES this! Agree 100%! Keeping certain groups safe/allowing them to have their own spaces is fine, it can be great actually, but when it comes at the cost of invalidating someone else it's kinda shady imo 

Nekonomicon

Pronouns
Feminine
Alot of people in my family are super into broccoli. Unless it's stuffed in a ravioli or in extremely fine pieces in some cheese soup, I can't relate. 

Kiera Ember

Pronouns
Neutral
Any spontaneous sports game, card/boardgame, or movie watching is the worst. I really, really have to be in the mood for any of these to want to do them in the first place (with the exception of a few boardgames) and I definitely don't want to be guilted into doing any of these things to feel social.

Also, romantic scenes in movies and shows. They make me quite uncomfortable, even when they're relatively minimal. Most of the time, I feel like they're not really necessary to the plot either.

Eersian

Pronouns
Feminine
ASMR, mostly because it does nothing for me and just kinda creeps me out.
Same I also have Halloween it's an overrated Holliday you can buy candy cheaper on other days

Science most practices are unnecessary

Horror and super hero movies I laugh at how boring and cliche horror movies are

Dante

Gold Donor
Pronouns
Masculine
I would not say I hate it, but I have a strong aversion to perfume.

I have a fine nose and therefore a little perfume is already too much for my nose.

demon-babe

Pronouns
Feminine
I really dislike star wars, I think its overrated and weird. I also dont like marvel. Its overrated and cliche. 

Pronouns
Masculine
i hate Jojos bizzarre adventure. sorry people. not sorry.

AND people using austitic or the r word as an insult. People who do that are dirty shoe laces.

FoxyAnimations

Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Spoilers. For some reason most of my friends are fine with spoilers or like them but when I watch clips of a new show or movie and watch the full thing it's just boring.

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Oh boy, this is the thread for me. I have very specific interests... Things I dislike that others love...

- Undertale
- Life is Strange
- Marvel, DC, anything super hero related
- Most Music
- Children
- Beaches

And a ton more I can't think of right now.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
Things I hate - Short Version
  • Children
  • Puppies (because they are fluffy children)
  • People spoiling books
  • Twitter and people cancelling others for breathing on it
  • Using 'gay' or 'autistic' as insults
  • People saying boys don't cry
  • Marvel
  • Sport
  • Health service that cost money
  • Making self-portraits and portraits in general
  • Mushrooms
  • History
  • Politics
  • Homework
  • People not putting in effort
  • And people judging others for things they know nothing about
And that's just off the top of my head so.... there's probably going to be more to come.

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Things I hate - Short Version
  • Children
  • Puppies (because they are fluffy children)
  • People spoiling books
  • Twitter and people cancelling others for breathing on it
  • Using 'gay' or 'autistic' as insults
  • People saying boys don't cry
  • Marvel
  • Sport
  • Health service that cost money
  • Making self-portraits and portraits in general
  • Mushrooms
  • History
  • Politics
  • Homework
  • People not putting in effort
  • And people judging others for things they know nothing about
And that's just off the top of my head so.... there's probably going to be more to come.
I've never met someone who likes those that don't put in effort.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
I hate the concept of "put in effort" because I think it's ableist and unfair.

I always have to put much more effort than others to achieve the same tasks.
People think I am lazy or that I don't care, but I am not.

And it's frustrating feeling you are broken because you try and try to do stuff expected to be easy.
But you can't. You just can't.

I'm literally crying because I remember all those days I kept waking up 2 hours earlier to start working
before all my peers, or how hard was to stop and rest because I felt I had not done enough that day.

They will never know how much effort I put,
and I will never know if someone doesn't put effort or they are really trying their best.

Also, I think the definition of productivity and "effort" only benefits people with privileges,
and hurts those who can't use their time or energy contributing to society because they need them to heal.
Definetly agree. I know what that feels like. When I talk about people who don't put in effort, I'm not assuming anyone's situation or judging anyone for the amount of time they take to complete tasks. However, there is genuinely those people who just don't try, and I have seen that first-hand. They all have time, they are given class time and lunch times and extensions and they still don't even attempt hw tasks, nor do they then ask for help with the tasks when they get to school because they haven't been able to complete it. Some people also just despise working with others, and will not listen or pay attention, not show up to rehearsals, and hold grudges against members of a group for dong absolutely nothing. Hope that makes sense!

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Definetly agree. I know what that feels like. When I talk about people who don't put in effort, I'm not assuming anyone's situation or judging anyone for the amount of time they take to complete tasks. However, there is genuinely those people who just don't try, and I have seen that first-hand. They all have time, they are given class time and lunch times and extensions and they still don't even attempt hw tasks, nor do they then ask for help with the tasks when they get to school because they haven't been able to complete it. Some people also just despise working with others, and will not listen or pay attention, not show up to rehearsals, and hold grudges against members of a group for dong absolutely nothing. Hope that makes sense!
Does that not go against your own word?
"And people judging others for things they know nothing about"
You don't completely know what's going on in their lives or situation, or do you?

On topic though... Another thing I despise that most people love.. Kissing. I experience no enjoyment from it.