Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What's the worst piece of media you've ever seen/read (that you love regardless)?

Buckaruin

Pronouns
Neutral
Basically, what's one piece of media you like that, quality-wise, just straight up sucks?

I got the idea for this thread after binge-watching Alpha and Omega (2010)...and five and a half of its SEVEN sequels. Oh my god. I am utterly captivated by that god-awful franchise. The original movie is the best of them by a solid margin (which doesn't say much imo), but the sequels are uhhhhhhh not good! I mean, I didn't particularly expect the straight-to-dvd sequel of a pretty subpar animated movie for kids to be good as far as quality is concerned, let alone SEVEN of them (one of which involves a literal dinosaur coming back to life. Dude, I WISH i was joking. It also has several out of place musical bits that end up being plot relevant??? okay???).

I think what keeps me on the hook are the premise, the worldbuilding, and the persistent thought that I, a schmuck, can tell a story better than this. I love this franchise in part because I love to hate it and in part because it's just inexplicably fascinating to me.

Now it's your turn to drag a beloved piece of media through the mud! Show me whatcha got!

Doll

Poison Sword
Gun
Pronouns
Neutral
Definitely the Twilight franchise. The movies never fail to make me laugh, so when I'm having a rough day I will sometimes put one on just to have a giggle at the silly dialogue and the weird acting. And that creepy CG baby! It cracks me up every time.

Buckaruin

Pronouns
Neutral
Definitely the Twilight franchise. The movies never fail to make me laugh, so when I'm having a rough day I will sometimes put one on just to have a giggle at the silly dialogue and the weird acting. And that creepy CG baby! It cracks me up every time.
Oh sweet god I LOVE the CG baby for that reason specifically 🤣

Beepy Data Center

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Pronouns
Other
Honestly Hetalia is the absolute worst, cringiest, dumbass thing I have ever seen that I'm absolutely obsessed with because it's adorable and funny and cute regardless hahaha

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
A TV series called 1000 Ways to Die. The CGI is just bearable, the acting is atrocious, the plots are unbelievable, the humour is flat. But what can I say, I like the premise. It's a creative ensemble of different human deaths, whether that be swept into a fan, or someone just bent over too much.

Beepy Data Center

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Pronouns
Other
A TV series called 1000 Ways to Die. The CGI is just bearable, the acting is atrocious, the plots are unbelievable, the humour is flat. But what can I say, I like the premise. It's a creative ensemble of different human deaths, whether that be swept into a fan, or someone just bent over too much.
Oh my god I remember one episode where
A girl was masturbating with a cucumber or carrot with something and she died from that but the entire episode was just clearly a gigantic shitpost with dancing vegetables and puns and I couldn't stop laughing because they know it was just made up and were making it over the top a shitpost
The show is good for entertainment value, but it shouldn't be taken seriously to any capacity.

On a related note My Strange Addiction takes advantage of people with pica and makes fun of them in public light, it's pathetic really. Pica is a serious condition.

Sol

Barghest
Otherhearted
Crow
Alterhuman
Otherkin
Fictionkin
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
That show was part of my childhood. No kidding. Spike was one of my favorite channels (while CN was super edgy).

FoxyAnimations

Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Puppet dude. It's a Piggy inspired game and lots of people just shit on it, it's not that bad but it's not the best either. Still really fun though, stories kind of boring though. The models are funky, but their not to bad. I use to be obsessed with this game.

Not even really sure if game's counts.

Also, Puppet combo. They make indie horror games, few examples are Baby Sitter Blood Bath, Murder house, Christmas massacre, etc. I love horror as most know, and indie games are 2nd on my list for best kinds of horror games. Games like Piggy are the top.

They aren't scary (either way I like horror games for their sometimes storyline, models, blood, eerie or just the normal ol atmospheres, and weapons. Not for the actual "scary stuff" lmao.) but still sick anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Basically, what's one piece of media you like that, quality-wise, just straight up sucks?

I got the idea for this thread after binge-watching Alpha and Omega (2010)...and five and a half of its SEVEN sequels. Oh my god. I am utterly captivated by that god-awful franchise. The original movie is the best of them by a solid margin (which doesn't say much imo), but the sequels are uhhhhhhh not good! I mean, I didn't particularly expect the straight-to-dvd sequel of a pretty subpar animated movie for kids to be good as far as quality is concerned, let alone SEVEN of them (one of which involves a literal dinosaur coming back to life. Dude, I WISH i was joking. It also has several out of place musical bits that end up being plot relevant??? okay???).

I think what keeps me on the hook are the premise, the worldbuilding, and the persistent thought that I, a schmuck, can tell a story better than this. I love this franchise in part because I love to hate it and in part because it's just inexplicably fascinating to me.

Now it's your turn to drag a beloved piece of media through the mud! Show me whatcha got!
I loved Alpha and Omega when I was younger, don't remember how old but eh. I actually didn't think it was bad back then (duh) but now I understand why people think that lmao.

Akriel

Pronouns
Feminine
Hunger Games is not that great, in all of the dumb, dumb decisions Katniss makes, but I still love the series itself. Twilight because it's old and the super speed effects are just so bad, but the books and the movies are really good regardless.