Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What's Your Biggest Fear?

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I have fears similar to this, bit instead for me (because of a past life I have experienced) it is that I am losing my true self. That I'm falling too deep into the act and this life, that I'll forget what my home looks like or that no one will remember me when (if) I ever come home.
Have you drawn comics about your home? Or written about it and done some illustrations? That will preserve your memories, and maybe you can sell the stories of your past life as fiction later. @Shezep has written about their past life, so they could give you some advice.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
Have you drawn comics about your home? Or written about it and done some illustrations? That will preserve your memories, and maybe you can sell the stories of your past life as fiction later. @Shezep has written about their past life, so they could give you some advice.
Sucks that I can't draw (If I could, I would draw a map, since I know what the whole place looks like from a birds-eye-view), but I might try writing. Out would be a good way to bring back memories. Maybe it will help me realise that I remember more than I think.

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Sucks that I can't draw (If I could, I would draw a map, since I know what the whole place looks like from a birds-eye-view), but I might try writing. Out would be a good way to bring back memories. Maybe it will help me realise that I remember more than I think.
You can ask for free commissions if you feel comfortable with that.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
Damnnnnn. Might be difficult to describe it but I could try. That is if I found someone who could draw it for me.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Golden Shield
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
Neutral

Part of my advice is to separate fiction from past life memories. Over time you will forget which part was memory and which part was artistic filler. But writing down what you do remember, without embellishment, is a good way to preserve it. You can still write stories, but they need to be different enough that you can keep it separate in your head.

KaiXD

Pronouns
Neutral
I actually put a lot of thought into this and even though I'm scared of those simple things (kidnappers, fire, spiders etc.), I think my biggest fear is a fear of failure. I'm a very big perfectionist and because my sister has gotten a bunch of awards and then somehow I've managed to get the same EVERY SINGLE YEAR, I put alot of pressure on myself to live up to that standard, which can result in serious mental/emotional breakdowns. Every single comment I get always seems to have some underline of negativity and a simple request from a teacher at school e.g. can you please not talk when I am talking, will stick in my head for ages and I will constantly beat myself up about it. Then I will beat myself up for beating myself up and yeah... it gets a little out of hand. So definitely failure for me.

What's your biggest
My biggest fear is being watched. I always fear someone could be watching me and everything I do, it always comes to my mind. It's scary knowing someone could be watching me.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
My biggest fear is being watched. I always fear someone could be watching me and everything I do, it always comes to my mind. It's scary knowing someone could be watching me.
One thing I really don't like, is the feeling that someone or something is watching what your writing or watching or reading, especially if it's something more private. My dad was trying to fix my computer today and he went into my recent files, and I tried to click off as fast as possible so he didn't see anything. And I also get extremely nervous when he tries to fix it because he could stumble across anything. Another fear I have is that the previous night I might've forgotten to exit my tabs and I'll open my computer at school the next day and everyone will see my private stuff. Or that I forgot to delete my search history.

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
One thing I really don't like, is the feeling that someone or something is watching what your writing or watching or reading, especially if it's something more private. My dad was trying to fix my computer today and he went into my recent files, and I tried to click off as fast as possible so he didn't see anything. And I also get extremely nervous when he tries to fix it because he could stumble across anything. Another fear I have is that the previous night I might've forgotten to exit my tabs and I'll open my computer at school the next day and everyone will see my private stuff. Or that I forgot to delete my search history.
Use the Incognito mode / Private mode of your browser so your search history is not saved.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
@Lighter makes a strong point, @Evernight. While it is somewhat difficult to draw a line between an invasion of privacy and the right of a parent to supervise the activities of their offspring, this is a very straightforward solution. I also recommend using a browser which does not track or save data to a cache, if configured for that, as well as a search engine which does not do so too. Anything saved to the browser is naturally a vulnerability and because it seems like one lives in direct proximity with parents, this is honestly one of the only real options.

I also suggest learning the keyboard shortcuts to change tabs or minimize and open windows that are not the current focus. This is by no means an encouragement to hide anything from one's family, rather just a right of some amount of privacy.

I will add too that sensitive materials in folders or files should be named things which are not likely to rouse suspicion. They should also be password protected files themselves - doing so to the folders is generally too obvious - and the files should be nested in multiple folders. This is basic information security and cyber security, yet I will emphasize this is not an endorsement to keep important things away from one's parents. I need reiterate that because it could very, very much be highly damaging to that relationship - people do not like having secrets kept from them and may even come to suspect one is up to much worse than they are. Continued, parents do have legal authority at large over their children, so this is a losing argument if they intend to really go digging.

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
@Evernight Startpage is a search engine that does not track you.
Post automatically merged:

@Evernight Can you download CCleaner to clean your recent files, browser history, cookies, etc.? For whatever reason I forgot to mention this earlier.

Last edited:

CedarWerewolf

Therianthrope
Pronouns
Masculine
There isn't a lot I fear, and I honestly have a dumbass level of bravery in my blood. When I'm in a tough situation, I'll fully analyze the nature of the situation, as well as the consequences, and if it doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, I'll hope my pure level of determination gets me through. But, I'll give myself credit. It's better than being held back by anxiety and fear.
Even so, there's one thing that still manages to make me fearful and upset, and that's being scolded or spoken to harshly. I just can't handle it at all, and I will avoid those situations to the very best of my ability. It unfortunately happens often, because I'm autistic and I'm not really smart in the way that others typically are. I can get yelled at for doing something "stupid" or something rude, even if I didn't mean to do something bad. Being yelled at for things I didn't mean to do can make me incredibly anxious and upset to the point of crying, and I'm a 17-year-old male.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
Even so, there's one thing that still manages to make me fearful and upset, and that's being scolded or spoken to harshly. I just can't handle it at all, and I will avoid those situations to the very best of my ability. Being yelled at for things I didn't mean to do can make me incredibly anxious and upset to the point of crying, and I'm a 17-year-old male.
Same bro. I'm only 13, but I still have these heightened emotional reactions to criticism and negative tones. Like your autism, the two things I get commonly spoken to like this for are things I can't control due to my ADHD (it's not officially diagnosed but I'm 90% sure I have it), like speaking too loudly or not thinking before I act and doing something stupid (impulsiveness).

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
This is random but I'm really afraid of crabs. They're the silent snipper of the beach... You have no idea if you're standing on a buried crab or not until it's too late - snip snip.
This is more of an irrational phobia of course. But if I come across a beach with obvious crab tracks, I'll avoid all traces of sand.
When I was a child we went canoeing on the beach but I absolutely refused to walk over the sand so I had someone carry me to the canoe and back. This is very unlike my usual personality I must admit.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
How are people not terrified of the sea, look at this crap. The Deep Sea
'Neal.fun' my ass lmao, so deep, so dark, so much we don't know. That is terrifying.

FoxyAnimations

Otherhearted
Shadow Dog
Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
How are people not terrified of the sea, look at this crap. The Deep Sea
'Neal.fun' my ass lmao, so deep, so dark, so much we don't know. That is terrifying.
Hah, I've actually been interested in that stuff since I was 6. I love the deep unknown of the ocean. I went through a megalodon phase when I was 8 for some reason, I always will feel very connected to sharks, and I strongly identify with them. I also went through a titanic phase. Never watched the movie, because it "looked like it sucked." I just stook to reading books about it. I think I read the "I survived" book of the titanic too. I loved those books too.
Post automatically merged:

There's a small but sorta long hallway in my house upstairs, and every time I head upstairs to my room I ZOOOM like Sonic to my bed room. I always feel a presence in that hallway and I hate it. I'm always scared of losing good things in my life, why can't they just stay forever?

Pronouns
Other
I think I fear not being able to accomplish something that leaves a lasting mark in the world. I don't necessarily mean in a big sense like being a politician or celebrity, but I really want to help animals and humans. I would love to have an animal sanctuary, foster animals, adopt human children, etc. but sometimes small and big life issues can get in the way of that, like worrying about money and bills and just becoming independent. I'm always as helpful as can be and do what I can where I am in life, but I really want to help more.