Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

What's Your Biggest Fear?

VoidFox

They/Them
This may sound stupid, or not a real fear that i have, because i find myself here.............

the fear of social media, i do have some social anxieties in public but they're not as bad as when im on the net, it got so bad the anxiety, i had to go a decade and a half being antisocial/lurk/ghost on the net, or just not use it at all, twitter, Facebook, twitch, discord, amino, telegram, Instagram, etc, etc, even the YouTube comments section i didn't bother to be on or use at all,

Right now, im feeling okay....but later on my imaginations of would take hold of me, thinking that people are out to get me, because of one comment that i said to them or out on a post, and other things that keep me from sleeping,

i think I've seen too many people get burned at the social media stake for many things ( Cancel/woke culture, Social justice warriors, keyboard warriors, trolls, etc, etc, )

sometimes i question myself why do i do this to myself.......but then i looked back to my past, it was no different when the internet was just an idea or was in the days of Dial up,

Social Anxiety is has always been my fear either that of the unknown or the well known ( high Awareness about things that happen behind closed doors, the background or private DM chats, gossip, rumors, etc, )

Its a ongoing fear that im going to have to deal with, just hope i don't delete this account and have to be antisocial again, sigh, living a hermit's lifestyle is a hard habit to break just as bad as smoking

Foxglove

Demisexual Pride
They/Them
I feel that honestly, maybe not to the same extent, but after some bad experiences on other social media platforms I always have to be very careful about what I say. Even so, I get nervous sometimes on how others will respond.

My biggest fear would probably be losing someone dear to me, which I understand is inevitable, which only makes it worse. That or perhaps never being independent.

VoidFox

They/Them
I feel that honestly, maybe not to the same extent, but after some bad experiences on other social media platforms I always have to be very careful about what I say. Even so, I get nervous sometimes on how others will respond.

My biggest fear would probably be losing someone dear to me, which I understand is inevitable, which only makes it worse. That or perhaps never being independent.
I didn't overcome the fear of it, i just went numb and calluse against the fear of it for now,

Unstable_Day

custom pronouns
For some reason, I can't stand really descriptive, unique, gorey deaths. An example would be (mentions of blood and guts) the one scene in thr banana splits movie where a catcher gets cut in half and his guts spill out. That stuff is to much for me, huge horror fan here but no thanks.

Buckaruin

They/Them
This is kinda personal but uhhhhhh

I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose my mom (who has a life-threatening chronic illness) before I'm 30. I'm also terrified of wasting the time I have left with her.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
VIP
Alterhuman
Aromantic Pride
Asexual Pride
Xe/Xem
This is kinda personal but uhhhhhh

I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose my mom (who has a life-threatening chronic illness) before I'm 30. I'm also terrified of wasting the time I have left with her.
Sorry about her illness. I understand that all must be quite difficult. Just remember to tell her you love her. I can't say for sure that's what she needs but from what many say, that's usually the thing we treasure the most. Life is too short for all of us, especially those who have an illness like that. Praise ambition, and know that you've done your very best to make the most experiences that you can. That's good enough.

Chime

She/Her
I was traumatized by the sensation of being drowned by my own blood when I was 6yrs old. I get chronic nosebleeds. Now I panic a bit at the site and taste of my own blood and just my own blood.

Lopori

They/Them
I have a fear of being controlled. I have authority issues sometimes, especially when said authority figure is totalitarian. I'm scared of not having a voice, being rendered helpless by this fact. I like to do things my way and learn from what doesn't work, but when someone tells me to do something a way that doesn't make nearly as much sense (typically a parent or parental figure giving me busy work as a punishment), I question it. Then I get the, "just do it" from the person. I'm legitimately afraid of that.

This may have something to do with how I was raised. In my household, you don't get to question authority much. Even just asking why something is done the way it is can land you a slap on the cheek in some situations. I can't stand it.

Sorry, that got a bit vent-y.
Big same! I really relate to this. I have a huge fear of losing control, and being told what to do. I've never been able to do the whole 9-5 working under a boss thing, I clash with the authority very quickly. Right now I sort of have a job but it's freelance and that suits me just fine. I only get gigs once every couple or few weeks.
My aversion to authority means on a lot of political issues (more on the ground level) I tend to lean libertarian. No steppy snakey. You can probably guess how I feel about all the covid related measures and mandates.

Another person mentioned fear of death, also same. It's pretty much the biggest loss of control there is, and I don't have afterlife beliefs to fall back on. When you hear on the news of young adults dying of random heart attacks and accidenrs it scares the crap out of me. It could happen to me and I'd never know. I want to be very old one day, with grandkids and stories to tell them. I try to look after myself as much as possible. Cancer runs in my family, especially around the 60s-70 age bracket, atleast wait till I'm 80 kthanks genes. I'm not scared of other people dying, that's just sad, but my own demise.
I think some death fear is healthy tho, without it you'd not take care of yourself!

Beepy Data Center

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Alterhuman
Plural
Furry
Conceptkin
custom pronouns
A more typical fear is me losing my important belongings, especially to a house fire. Or my cat dying from anything but old age.
But I suppose the one that actively stresses me out is the fear that I'm not going to amount to my potential. I know I'm capable of so much, scientifically, and I want to technologically give to this world as much as I possibly can before I die. I have a fear that I'm not going to do this for some reason or another. I don't like not being productive, I don't like not doing something related to CS... I have this obsession of needing to, wanting to succeed.

Casperr_ig

I'm genuinely surprised no one has talked about this, but my biggest fear is being trapped, as in physically trapped.

I've been in one too many situations where I've been physically unable to escape a room or space, and it's come to the point I have to double check doors to see if it's safe to enter a room. Especially bathroom doors. It's annoying, but I just have to check. I don't ever want to be stuck somewhere I cannot leave again.

Last edited:

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
VIP
Alterhuman
Aromantic Pride
Asexual Pride
Xe/Xem
I'm genuinely surprised no one has talked about this, but my biggest fear is being trapped, as in physically trapped.

I've been in one too many situations where I've been physically unable to escape a room or space, and it's come to the point I have to double check doors to see if it's safe to enter a room. Especially bathroom doors. It's annoying, but I just have to check. I don't ever want to be stuck somewhere I cannot leave again.
I have this fear too, though it stems from my CPTSD. I have been trapped a few times in my life in rather unsafe situations. It's only natural that we develop a fear of it. Unfortunately a lot of my nightmares revolve around this fear so it's hard to shake off.

Winter'sTouch

Demiboy Pride
Xenogender Pride
Furry
Otherkin
It/Its
The idea of infinity. The idea of living forever, the never ending cycle of reincarnation is terrifying for me if there is no end. For me, the idea that Ragnarok will end the reincarnation cycle is the only thing that gives me comfort in death. It's hard to put into words, but living forever is horrifying to me.