Who is your ideal choice for United States President? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Who is your ideal choice for United States President?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Raijun, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    It won't matter to a lot of the people here, (or anywhere) especially if you're not from the United States, but part of the initiative for starting this topic is ensuring that we don't see Hillary Clinton as the next United States president. I feel like people are going to want to vote for her because she contains female reproductive facilities, which contributes toward her public title of "woman." This is a powerful thing. People voted for Barack Obama simply because he is Black. Again, that was the one and only reason that a non-trivial amount of people voted for him; that they wanted to see an African American President in the White House.

Obviously, that is a terrible, terrible reason to vote.

My current preferred candidate is looking to be Bernie Sanders. He looks to be extremely favorable toward the lower middle class, and has a decent brain in his head. I'm looking over his platform and his stance on the issues and I am fairly impressed with what I'm seeing.

But that was just me being lucky, really, that there is a candidate that I like so much. I would vote for anyone but Hillary. She is making some of the worst choices I have ever seen from a Presidential candidate. I swear on my hat I would vote for a chicken salad sandwich before I vote for her. The sandwich would make far less acidic decisions. The sandwich would see us farther from the terrorists. The sandwich would make less detrimental economic decisions.

If anything happens to Bernie Sanders, I have a sandwich to make. :(

• Like Like x 12
  2. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I was pro-Hillary for quite some time, and it actually was the whole 'Hell yeah a god damn woman!' thing. I normally go in depth with research before I'm leaning totally one way with a candidate, and so eventually I went back into my old habit of digging around. That is when I found out about Bernie Sanders; he is doing his best to look out for the middle class and seems generally open minded. I have been doing my research on every new candidate that has come up, but still Bernie Sanders has my vote thus far.

Let's hope you don't have to make that sandwich my friend.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Oh no, I will be making a sandwich - A sandwich of destiny. *Salutes* Or, if worse comes to worse, it will be the next Vice-President. Bernie Sanders will one day be able to eat the Vice President of the United States.

What I would like is the confidence that other states will vote responsibly and do their research. First impressions are everything, and if Hillary presents a wonderful first impression with the rest of her stances and policies being highly detrimental to the country, (gift-wrapping garbage, as it were) then people need to check themselves before they shrek themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    I have always supported Vermin Supreme, for I want free ponies for all.

• Like Like x 23
  5. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I'm personally of the opinion that one cannot become the President of this country without being a complete lying crook. To choose any would still be choosing someone I wouldn't trust looking after my beat up old rust bucket of a car, let alone the entire country.

That being said, if I had to choose someone with a realistic shot at the White House, it would be Donald Trump. At the very least we know he is fully capable and experienced in running a successful business, and what has our government become if not one giant business? I typically distrust Republicans slightly more than Democrats, but he's got my vote so far if only for practicality.

#5 TheSolitaryGray, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I agree with your views, @Raijun, about the upcoming presidents. Hillary Clinton just makes everything in me crawl, I don't care that she's a female, I strongly dislike her. Sanders seems to be a good man so far.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Sandwaster

Sandwaster Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ25.45
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    If I was a multimillionaire, I would run... This country needs a Dragon, not a donkey or elephant for president... But I agree with Shiro... Vermin Supreme!
    Problem with elections is, people are looking to please not run the country with any common sense. Everyone is looking on the outside, either by race or sex or religion. That should not matter we live in 2015 not 1915.

• Like Like x 4
  8. AceOfTricks

AceOfTricks ƃuᴉuᴉɐɹ┴ uᴉ poפ ɹǝʇsʞɔᴉɹ┴
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ25.93
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    ;)
    I've always said the United States shouldn't be symbolized by an eagle. It should be a dragon. The way we handle conflict has a swoop down and bring the fire kind of attitude.
    Personally I hate politicians as a whole. It's choosing the lesser evil, but they're all evil. >H>
    Let me tell you about Idaho senators. (go google it or something ... you could not have scripted the electoral debate to be any more ridiculous on purpose. I voted for the biker who was told to run by jesus and wanted to fight a war with spiritual tanks across the astral plane or something)

#8 AceOfTricks, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  9. Ecione

Ecione Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.28
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I don't agree with everything that he says (but that's more with issues like gay marriage, which I don't consider high priority compared to things like the economy and terrorism), but at this point, Donald Trump would be my pick. He wouldn't do anything particularly stupid, seeing as he's such a successful buisnessman and he doesn't really have much of an incentive to lie to the American public compared to most politicians. I've never really liked career politicians much either, so that's a factor too.

10. Avarice

Avarice Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.04
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I've in the past avoided voting, my disabilities make it difficult to take in and process the amount of information needed to make a decision on who to vote for and I'm not comfortable just making an educated guess on who to support. But with everything going on recently in the US I feel like it's incredibly important to make sure the country doesn't end up with a poor leader.

I've been doing research this year and the conclusion I've come to is that Bernie Sanders is probably the best option. I disagree with his views on some things like foreign policy but for the most part he's the best option I see right now.

I admittedly don't know a lot about Hilary but Donald Trump concerns me. He's a businessman, capitalism is his game and I feel that as a country the US needs to move away from capitalism and I doubt that will happen if he's in office.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sandwaster

Sandwaster Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ25.45
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    The saying, united we stand, divided we fall... We have been divided for years now. Republicans and Democrats have split this nation up. Both have taken away the idea of "for the people, by the people" and just do what every they want and support who ever lines their wallets the most. Rate we are going, we might as well toss the Constitution away and start getting sizes for our chains.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Soulless

Soulless Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I'd probably vote for Bernie Sanders. He has a track record for the kind of activism and social change needed to stop the shrinking middle class and establish methods to elevate all classes in society (except maybe the upper class?). I don't agree with all of his policies, such as international relations and energy, but his social policies are something I believe this country needs if it has any hope of unified progress for all citizens.

I'm rather surprised at the statements of Donald Trump support for his ability as a businessman. The government isn't at all run like a business, it's a completely different beast. The idea of government running like a business is the kind of mindset that makes austerity measures seem good- a corporation would normally need to tighten its budget or so in order to reduce deficit, but that's not how a country operates because it also relies on the spending of its citizens to improve its economy(put in perspective: the poor spend the most money, because they usually have the most needs that go unfulfilled because they are poor, and austerity hurts the poor most of all because of reduced support to the poor, thereby contributing to further slowdowns of economy, which in turn the "logical" choice is more austerity). And this just applies to economic concerns- a government must also worry about judicial, social issues, international affairs, and domestic issues from infrastructure to welfare.

A corporation doesn't have any responsibilities to support anyone besides its workers, who sign contracts. A government must support all of its people, the young who cannot work, the old who can no longer work, the sick, the disabled, the down-on-their-luck, the addicts, the homeless, the criminals, so on and so forth. Being a businessman first and foremost in a government concerns me, because very little in corporate logic functions when it applies to a government that, presumably, will be working towards things that aren't always economy based- and not always in the economic context that a corporation would be in.

Sorry for the rant- I may not be making much sense here.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Velkuz

Velkuz Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ8.78
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    I've always supported Vermin Supreme x3 Realistically though? Bernie Sanders is the only candidate that has the people at all in mind, and not just how to keep their pockets well-lined. Not only that, but those he'd pick to be in his cabinet are marvelous!

14. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I don't have an ideal person at the moment, none have really left an impression yet for me to think "president material". However I completely disagree with your statement about why Obama was elected. He was elected because he demostrated better qualites than the other canidates. He carried himself with a higher standard than those resorting to personal attacks ect in order to get people hate another canidate and vote for themselves. He had a more meaningful message than the others and he talked about issues people cared about. Was he perfect, no, none were. He was elected again because obviously the people liked what he did during his first term and he has made notable accomplishments. I don't normally talk politics with people but I get so tired of seeing baseless comments like this or complaining about Obama. He was elected because of what he demostrated, not the color of his skin. Him getting elected actually demostrates that the country is finally to some degree transending this racial nonsense. There's still a hell of a ways to go. And yeah I'm black/native and that's why it irritates me. Statements like this imply(whether intentionally or not) that a black person(or any minority for that matter) only ever gets a notable positions because they are minorities-- nevermind their actual abilities and qualifications. Nonsense.

#14 Cayto Ikooko Kan, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
  15. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Sad to say but our government has become a corporate beast. Most people don't realize that big business is more incorporated into our government and able to influence laws more than the common person, despite this government being 'by the people, for the people.' A lot of the people I have talked to who are voting for Trump are doing so just for the fun of it. It upsets me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Soulless

Soulless Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Oh yes, there is no doubt that the government is currently run with a corporate mindset- that doesn't mean that the best mindset to approach government affairs is a corporate one. This was why I was interested in the logic that Donald Trump is a businessman and therefore would be good to place in a position of governmental authority.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ouroboros85

Ouroboros85 Golden Dragon
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.50
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    This would seem to be the only logical choice.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  18. Bran

Bran Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    I'm Liking Rand Paul and Ben Carson. Ben needs to step up his game and come on stronger, more confident though or he's not going to make it through the primaries.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Not Donald Trump lol.

20. KeiraKinoverMar

KeiraKinoverMar Hatchling
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ700.88
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I don't necessarily care who it is so long as they don't either directly affect those I care for or literally sink the country even further down the hole.