Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Will you or have you ever told anyone in real life you where otherkin and how did it go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56966
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56966

Unverified
I have told my mom and close friends. So when i told my mom this was her reaction "🤔🤨🧐" She did not know what it was but when i told her that i identify with a Wolf spiritually and psychologically she was like " 😐😅😚"
But i am really glad she still accepts me and when i told my close friends they where like "😮😁😄" they actually did not think i was weird or anything but they accepted me and just treats me normally but i think i had the easy way out.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
I think your friends are awesome!

My mom sorta guessed after the long years of the casual tiger-related knick-knacks, accessories and accidental growls. I feel I should wait for her to ask me more about it, than the other way around.

My closest friends are all either otherkin or furry, so there's that (though early on I wasn't even aware that therianthropy was a thing, and felt too weird to share that to them!)

I told two ex-coworkers at a warehouse job,
.. one shared they worked at a computer repair club with another man that designed fursuits in the back! (wow, cool!) the person was a dolphin therian.
.. the other, kinda like an older brother to me, mentioned that he and his partner loved to create masks and costumes .. how could I not show my own tiger costume at that point? it fostered more trust.

The more public acquaintances .. they maybe entertain roleplay a little with me, or get weirded out, I try not to scare them away ⚠️

CrowLove

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Transgender Pride
Otherhearted
Non-Binary Pride
Plural
Otherkin
Crow
Pronouns
Neutral
We told some friends who are otherkin too or who turned out to be otherkin. And we told a friend of us who is a wicca.
Beside that, Crows sister knows it but she don't know what to do with that information. She took it as it is but she doesn't feel comfortable with this subject, so I keep imitade Crow when talking to her and we pretty much never talked about it again.
And we have one online friend in an autism forum. We were talking about some paranormal stuff and somehow we ended by non humans. It wasn't planned but he was very curious about it and accepting.

Kirby_and_Impish

Otherkin
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Masculine
I told a few of my friends
The first friend I told was very accepting.
The second friend was a little confused at first but once I explained she understood. Somehow her brother found out and he was a little a$$ about it and would make fun of me for it by barking at me or saying things like fetch doggy.

Dante

Gold Donor
Pronouns
Masculine
I've told my partner and she tolerates it. Unfortunately, I think that she does not understand it, there is too little interest in conversations.

FoxyAnimations

Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I told a few of my friends
The first friend I told was very accepting.
The second friend was a little confused at first but once I explained she understood. Somehow her brother found out and he was a little a$$ about it and would make fun of me for it by barking at me or saying things like fetch doggy.
Yeesh.