Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Will you or have you ever told anyone in real life you where otherkin and how did it go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56966
  • Start date

Sol

Otherhearted
Crow
Alterhuman
Otherkin
Fictionkin
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
I don't really have a need to tell anyone unless they are sensitive enough to pick up on anything unearthly about me.

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
My teacher knows, not like she said anything about it. Just wrote a lot of fictionkin stuff and told about me being fictionkin.

Sol

Otherhearted
Crow
Alterhuman
Otherkin
Fictionkin
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
My teacher knows, not like she said anything about it. Just wrote a lot of fictionkin stuff and told about me being fictionkin.
I'm surprised anyone part of the faculty would be invested in that type of info. School just seems too secular to consider that possibility.

Doll

Pronouns
Neutral
My closest friends and my partner know! Telling them went really well - two of my friends even offered to watch my fictionkin source with me. 💖 I certainly didn't expect such an outcome, so I was over the moon with the reactions I got.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
There is something more I will add here. That there are times I have explained the fuller details of what reincarnation truly means and implies, that many people have reasonably lived lives as animals and other creatures before this one and or as part of any other life as a human. It astonishes me each time that while so many believe in this principal, they never truly consider the whole of it, yet are evidently very accepting of it if one does not state it outright. Always has it been the case to me that explaining it this way affords them the best sense of understanding without ever attributing any of it to myself.

Pronouns
Masculine
i actually told somebody just yesterday, but they're the only person who truly knows. they're fictionkin as well, which made it a lot easier to say anything. a few months ago, though, i was questioning being a system, and so i told another friend about that. i haven't told them about being fictionkin, and i don't think i will, just because it's so personal to me.

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I told my ex-best friend when we were still friends. It went pretty well. I just told her one day "I'm Otherkin." And she initially thought it was some sort of fandom like being a Furry. Eventually, she learned more when she decided to study Otherkin for a writing assignment in college where she had to learn about a subculture and write a paper about it. A lot of folks in her class understandably chose some part of the LGBTQA+ community, but since she didn't have any friends in that community (well, at the time anyway. I later figured out I'm Asexual, and she's Bi lol) she went for Otherkin since she had a friend who was. I talked an online friend who is also Otherkin into doing a Q&A with her together and you could see on her face a series of emotions and thoughts as she realized what being Otherkin really is. She let me read the paper she wrote and I'd say she got a very good grasp of us and was even quite accepting. (She's an ex-friend not because we had a falling out or anything, our lives simply took us down different paths.)

I've also told my adoptive grandfather in a roundabout way. He accepts Drakmanka as a part of me rather than as me. It's enough though; he often asks me questions about dragons, and Drakmanka's life experiences. He'll also sometimes ask what the dragon perspective on certain events or experiences is. It's nice to be able to talk freely about my dragon life, even if it is cast through a different lens.

Akriel

Pronouns
Feminine
The first and only person I've ever told seemed to think I was A: Lying to sound interesting or B: mentally unstable.