Woodworking Shows | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Woodworking Shows

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by Lee RuralWolf, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,099.63
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm sure this is one of the oddest things one has posted on. But since I was a kid, watching shows like The New Yankee Workshop, This Old House, Woodsmith Shop, The Woodwright Shop. Watching these shows on woodworking were people are building furniture and other household items from wood calms me.

My grandfather taught Industrial Arts some 70 year ago, so I feel that is where part of my passion for these shows comes from.

Does anyone else like shows like this?

2. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ0.32
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Love them - you should see my workshop. It's cobbled together with a lot of hand-me-downs I inherited when my dad passed away, but those things I've had to buy myself are all used, with the exception of my router and the table I built for it. My bandsaw is pretty nice, too... Grizzly (hah!) G0555 that a guy at work bought, but then didn't want to pack when he moved. I got it for half of what he paid.

Also starting to look into having my own general contracting business, and shows like This Old House are really useful.

You might like Matthias Wandel's channel on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckETVOT59aYw80B36aP9vw)

3. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,099.63
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Wow, that's awesome. I've never had the money to buy nice tools like that. I always wanted to build a table saw. I used to subscribe to a slew of woodworking magazines too. I love seeing the furniture built. Stickley is one of my favorite types.

I knew someone that had a bandsaw that was three phase power. I would love a router/table. I could go on and on. Some have dedicated tools for making pocket joints. I can understand for mortise and tenon. But I love the hand tool shows too where the machine is man. lol

Subscribed to that channel on YouTube, Thank you. :)

4. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ0.32
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Matthias actually built a table saw out of some brand of circular saw, and he posted some videos about it on that channel. Really, really cool.

I'm actually in the middle of building a shed in my backyard, and there have only been a few times where I've used power tools... drilling holes for the floor, and cutting the precise angles for the roof - the rest has been by hand. I'm putting up the last side of cedar siding today, then shingles and trim, build a door and the ramp, and I'm done.