Would you rather? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Would you rather?

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Amaris Matris, May 19, 2016.

1. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    So this is a little 'would you rather?' Thread for one and all to do and maybe chat about your opinions with each other if you have differing ones.

I'll post one every two-three days to give a chance to talk about the last one. If progress is slow then I'll slow down on the posts.

Starting one is:

"Would you rather be able to understand a language, but not understand it
    OR
    Would you rather be able to speak the language, but not be able to understand it if you were hearing it"

For the fine details, to you it would sound like you were speaking your own language but to whatever (they don't have to be human) you speaking to, it would sound like their own tongue.

Same goes for the other one, except in reverse e.g. If anything was communicating, then you and only you could hear it in your own language, therefore would not know what language it was and wouldn't know how to speak it.

2. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    As someone who highly values communication those both sound awful to me. I would go with the second one I guess; then I could at least try to communicate with gestures and pictures.

3. Vyktoria

Vyktoria Chrysocyon Cutie
    Staff Member Guardian

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,105.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I agree with Gryff. As someone who majored in a language, they key is to both speak and understand. I'd go crazy with both, but the second has a better chance of conveying any nonverbal communication. Interesting thoughts!

4. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Wow I have not been faithful to this thread!

Ok next 'would you rather'

For six months straight of each year (starting next year), would you rather:

Be completely invisible? This includes hair, feet, everything.
    OR
    Have only your skin be invisible so that everything underneath your skin (muscles, blood vessels etc) would be visible?

Remember to give a reason for your answer and question everyone's answers to figure out the pros and cons.

5. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Pure invisibility instead of only transparent skin?
    Assuming you mean permanent I would say completely transparent only because imagine if such a being existed that only had transparent skin for the rest of their life, imagine how much of an outcast that would become. As such pure invisibility leads to evasion of such discrimination but also more opportunities for stealth and work opportunities

6. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    In the original question I stated specifically
    "For six months straight of each year"
    Meaning that each year, for half of that year, you would be one of the two options.

After the specified time period (in this case six months), your body would revert to its original state (completely visible and not transparent at any level)

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in the question but I hope this makes sure that very one knows what I mean exactly. If this changes your answer then please, share.

Also have you thought of the amount of clothing you would have to wear just to show people where you were? Also, if your skin was transparent, then you could do a side-job of being a teaching aid.

You could be quite helpful to science, both when you were alive as well as when you are eventually dead.

7. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Apologies I missed that part.
    As for my answer it remains the same, people are cruel and exposing one internal organs as well as skeletal and muscular outline would scare them and whatever they fear they try to reject.
    As for completely invisible, ever watch League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

8. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Yep, and that guy lead a very lonely life, was literally suspected as a traitor by his peers simply because they could not see him do things.

9. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Well actually if you read the graphic novels he has a different outcome however at least is invisible people ca't look at you as a freak, because they can't see you however invisible skin and you would have to cover up to avoid the stares

10. Cedrotea

Cedrotea Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ379.41
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    That's tough. If it isn't forever, maybe I could deal with being completely invisible. I mean sometimes I could just go places and no one would see me, and that would be cool! I feel kinda awkward in public sometimes. But if I wanted to be seen I guess I'd have to put a lot of effort into it.

As for transparent skin...ehhh no, I'd be pretty grossed out at myself, along with everyone else. I'd have to cover up everything all the time haha.

11. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,409.50
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    For an insecure person with social anxiety and dysphoria, invisibility sounds amazing. I wouldn't have to worry about what I looked like at all, or deal with all that damn gender dysphoria (which btw is a nightmare when you're non-binary). I assume when you're invisible people can still see your clothes? So people would still know where I am, I'd just be a floating mass of clothes. :p

Though it does seem like it'd be kind of difficult to get used to... I mean, I'm clumsy enough as I am, and I can see my limbs. If I couldn't... RIP all those expensive ornaments. And literally anything else even vaguely fragile.

But having transparent skin is my worst nightmare, I swear. It messes with me enough to be able to see my veins beneath the skin on my wrists. *shudders* And, admittedly, if I saw someone with transparent skin I would probably be terrified. I mean, I'd try to treat them fair, but... eugh. All the flesh and tendons and blood. Nope nope nope.

12. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I don't mind gore, I think I'd be skinless and just wear a morph suit 24/7. My pets might be a bit scared of me, which would be heartbreaking (I suppose getting pet/picked up by something invisible is even scarier though..)

13. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    This belongs in Fun & Games, I'm moving the thread.