Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Would you wear therian gear in public??

Would you wear therian gear in public

• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Depends

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
I am shameless and do whatever makes me feel better (so long as it doesnt hurt others). Being a furry also makes it easier because anyone who I havn't told about my unhumanity would just chock it up to that.

Hollin

Pronouns
Feminine
I feel like it really depends on who I'm with and where I am ya know. But I would definitely wear less obvious gear

Lopori

Pronouns
Sure though it depends where. I've worn my mermaid tail in public pools and in the sea on a busy beach and had a whale of a time (ayy).
I'll suit up at a furmeet when those start up again and we'll be doing walks through public places. Its purpose as gear would fly under the radar when surrounded by furries.

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Community Manager
VIP
Crow
Therianthrope
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
The closest I've ever had to "Therian gear" is jewelry and yes, I have no problem wearing jewelry with jaguars on it (or something jaguar print) in public lmao.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
In the city I try to keep it at a minimum, in the woods however, I almost exclusively wear a tail when hiking. When feeling more vulnerable when alone, I often forget it is there after my phantom shift accommodates it (which helps.) I used to be in a small hiking group of furs which also did!

My favourite memory on a group hike was a therian black panther who decided to have some fun alongside and we raced half an hour in front of the group, we sat at the end and picked out burrs and pine needles and stuff out of each others tails like grooming!

Pronouns
Neutral
I would if I had something subtle like a necklace (there’s actually lots on Etsy), and I’m thinking of purchasing one soon so that way I have SOMETHING to hang onto publicly - but I’m not brave enough to wear my tail or mask in crowded cities, malls or suburban areas. However, when I go on hikes or if I’m out in the woods, waterfall hunting, etc. then I’m a little more brave bc less humans. I’m also braver with my pack-mate beside me, cause’ that way I have someone to be “weird” with hehehe :grinwiggle:

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I've worn a tail in many public places (attached to a belt like a keychain almost) and I've also worn ears. Kids think it's cool, adults mostly think "she's just going through a phase" and I may get the occasional weird look but I've never been confronted.

D

Deleted member 57084

Unverified
Subtle appearances are preferred. ex. necklaces, jewelry. Nothing faux would substitute for a sincere pair of wings.

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Feminine
I often do wear gear in public, including but not limited to: jewelry, clothing, headband ears, tails, collars, etc. I'm very publicly out about my identity after being featured in the media, and generally go for the alternative aesthetic. I work in a field where not looking professional is actually an asset, so it works.

I've got somebody working on a fursuit for me which I'll likely often wear as well. I'm definitely among the minority among 18+ thsrians and gear though.

Water Horse

Pronouns
Masculine
I prefer not to wear any gear at all. When I was younger I would sometimes wear makeshift (horse) tails and wear them wherever I wanted (including in public) but when I grew older and I became more aware of how wrong this human body felt to me I stopped doing it. More so because it felt wrong to "combine" having this human body with my horse identity. I seperate myself from this body a lot. So wearing gear makes me feel uncomfortable now.

Asherah

Alterhuman
Otherkin
Plural
Pronouns
Masculine
I consider it. I roll around in a wheelchair due to having neurological, mental & physical health problems. I would like to include more gear on my chair! I like to decorate my chair, and let people know that I am what I am. I don't hide myself. I wear a small backpack with unicorn print on it, and I get SO many compliments! You would NOT believe! I've gotten at least 1 compliment for my unicorn backpack everywhere i've went lol. i want ears and a tail. maybe boots that feel like my hooves :)

GuardianDevil

Pronouns
Neutral
I'd like to wear gear more often! I am a furry and a fursuitmaker at that so I have a fursuit that admittedly I don't get to wear out as often as I'd like. I am also alternative and quite fond of wolfcore/the wolfkid aesthetic so I would like to wear tails in public and the like. It's just gonna take some working up to, as I'm slowly becoming more and more comfortable with wearing weird stuff in public. I wear a collar sometimes (not caninekin so I dont think that counts as gear?) but even that is something I'm rarely brave enough to do. At some point I'd like a smaller tail (my fursuit tail is way too big to wear in public) to wear and maybe design a sort of gear outfit in general. If anything I wish I had a phase where I was unashamed to stand out when I was younger but I'm getting more comfortable every day with the idea that I am not normal and don't wish to be percieved as such.

juniper

Pronouns
Feminine
Nah. Honestly therian gear/accessories don't look very appealing to me but I feel like if I was a furry I would feel comfortable wearing that sort of stuff out in public.

shadowedwolf

Pronouns
Feminine
I'd like to wear gear more often! I am a furry and a fursuitmaker at that so I have a fursuit that admittedly I don't get to wear out as often as I'd like. I am also alternative and quite fond of wolfcore/the wolfkid aesthetic so I would like to wear tails in public and the like. It's just gonna take some working up to, as I'm slowly becoming more and more comfortable with wearing weird stuff in public. I wear a collar sometimes (not caninekin so I dont think that counts as gear?) but even that is something I'm rarely brave enough to do. At some point I'd like a smaller tail (my fursuit tail is way too big to wear in public) to wear and maybe design a sort of gear outfit in general. If anything I wish I had a phase where I was unashamed to stand out when I was younger but I'm getting more comfortable every day with the idea that I am not normal and don't wish to be percieved as such.
Okay that is so cool that you make fursuits personally im not a furry but i think it is rly cool

Pawsitivity_Doggo

Pronouns
Neutral
I have a big round medallion on a cord that's just long enough to not be a choker,, I get compliments from customers on it all the time at work but I low-key see it as pretty much a collar

Asherah

Alterhuman
Otherkin
Plural
Pronouns
Masculine
That absolutely rules that you are a fursuit maker! I've been a furry for over 10 years now, and I've wanted to get into fursuit making so badly. Keep doing you! I think therians who wear fursuits are awesome. Love that! As a matter of fact, I've always wanted to fursuit, and I think a unicorn, or horse fursuit would be extremely fun to wear! I'd love to model some.

GuardianDevil

Pronouns
Neutral
That absolutely rules that you are a fursuit maker! I've been a furry for over 10 years now, and I've wanted to get into fursuit making so badly. Keep doing you! I think therians who wear fursuits are awesome. Love that! As a matter of fact, I've always wanted to fursuit, and I think a unicorn, or horse fursuit would be extremely fun to wear! I'd love to model some.
I think it should be more of a thing in therian circles! These days people have gotten very fancy about it but at the end of the day fursuit making started a DIY type activity. I think my first suit was made with about 100 dollars? No more than that for sure. Well worth it for the feeling of being perceived as animalistic. I had no sewing experience going in and to this day I only use 3 stitches. It's a time consuming project for sure but with all the tutorials and pre-made items for sale it's very simple to get into.