Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Would you wear therian gear in public??

Would you wear therian gear in public

• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Igel

Plural
Pronouns
Feminine
For me it depends on what the gear is or where I'm going. Most of the time, I've just got some cat patches on my backpack.

Kieran

Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Neutral
If it was socially acceptable or if I didn't have terrible social anxiety, I would totally go out wearing elf ears and a fluffy tail and a big cloak. I love fashion and love dressing up in ways that make me feel badass. However I do not want to get bullied for wearing a tail in public lol so the only times I'd go full out like that is if I was with a group of people all wearing similar stuff or at some sort of convention or gathering that accepted that kinda stuff, or of course, on Halloween. Fortunately since I like a lot of alternative styles, I can get away with a lot! I can full on wear dog collars and people will pass it up as a fashion thing if I'm rocking in full goth clothing or something. I like wearing a lot of subtle stuff, like normally I'd wear a simple choker in place of a collar (honestly just feeling something on my neck is nice) or a shirt with some kinda wolf print or some of those wire/jewelry cat ears etc. There's SO much you can do with alternative fashion to get away with subtle kin-inspired (kinspired??) stuff! Unfortunately I'm too socially anxious to even wear alt fashion in public because I currently don't have any friends irl who would make me feel less awkward wearing weird stuff in public, and still live with my parents who are very judgmental of what I wear, and live in a small redneck town where most of the population is boomers who will give you weird looks for wearing black ripped skinny jeans in public. But I'm moving to Vegas at some point, so surely I'll feel a lot more comfortably dressing alt there and being with my bf who will allow me to dress him lol :closedgrin:

Elluenda

Pronouns
Feminine
I wear elf ears everywhere, and I have a few things related to my kintype that i wear in more private settings. I kinda dress weird anyway, so my idea of "gear" for my kintypes would be wearing specific pelts and feathers as accessories, not so much a tail... but that's also because I tend to be pretty rough on clothes and I'd hate to get my nice handsewn possum tail dirty!