Your favorite texture of food? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Your favorite texture of food?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alistair, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Alistair

Alistair -Elf Noises-
    Elder VIP

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ10,735.22
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Normally I see threads with favorite foods or other things like it so I decided why not make one for the texture of food!

In this just choose a food that you love the texture of and explain why you like it!

For me, it's watermelon. As long as it's sweet enough I also love the taste. I wouldn't say it's my favorite food but I love that I'm usually able to eat it without using my teeth and it also feels like I'm drinking at the same time. Don't care so much for the seeds though.

2. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Metalic blueBackground KeyBurning PhilterGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionSolar Flare PhilterVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ36,278.21
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I'm very much into the textures of food. Watermelon's a great one for me, too!

My favorite textures would have to be foamy and creamy. I love lemon marengue(sp?) pie. My favorite thing about foamy food is the sound of it and the way it smooshes in my mouth without having to chew it.
    Creamy is just delicious.
    I also love fizzy drinks. They, too, make a sound! And I love the feeling in my mouth and throat as they go down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ707.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I like the texture of dry chicken. One of the reasons I love supermarket rotisserie chickens so much is because the wings get overcooked, and the meat is nice and dry and chewy. I guess this applies to other meats too, considering beef jerky is my favourite snack.

I also like sort of slimy/jellied textures, where the food just slides down your throat. I can't think of any specific examples for this one though (aside from the obvious jelly) I just have a vague memory of eating something slimy and my mum hating it while I enjoyed it.

4. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    The texture of fish is one of the main reasons why I like fish so much. A fair amount of fish is fairly bland, (although there is some really flavorful fish). It's difficult to describe to someone who hasn't had it, but it's just that magnificent soft, yet firm meaty texture.

However, I really really like the texture of apples. It's just so satisfying to bite into a nice juicy apple.

5. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Watermelon is awesome. I also love jello and mashed potatoes are probably my favorite. Noodles are great, but they're also my favorite food, not sure if that counts. Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ886.75
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I love anything crunchy, raw carrot, apples (smushy apples are the worst), raw pepper, I like my veggies cooked to the minimum so broccoli and asparagus still crunchy. Crisps and poppadoms also have that satisfying crunch when you eat them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

CrowBlack Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ609.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Crunchy meaty things are my preferred texture, though I really enjoy the feel of gummy candies and similar things ^^

8. dreamsofadeerkin

dreamsofadeerkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Shadow Buck
    Bones:
    Ƀ39.05
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    I really like crunchier stuff myself, but I also like stuff with the type texture of cheesecake! (I can't think of a word for that texture, I guess creamy would work?)

I really like stuff like watermelon too, because of the whole thing of it feeling like you're drinking it and eating it at the same time, plus I may or may not love spitting out the seeds...

And I like cotton candy mostly just because it's got the soft texture and pretty much melts in your mouth! (I don't like how sticky it is in my hands, though.)

(I think I may have a food texture problem, now that I'm looking at the length of this post...)
     Kyle  

I myself like the texture of things like fried chicken, but without the skin/crust/whatever it's called. Pretty much, the whole "able to pull it apart easily" thing. I really like fish too, because of how easy it is to pull it apart. Plus, with those, we can get away with eating with our hands, which is a bonus.

Other than that, I like stuff that's kind of chewy, but also a little bit tough? Steak and non-ground beef come to mind for me here.

Long story short, I like the texture of meat.
     Mal  

9. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,054.41
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I love all kinds of textures! I like crunchy apples, soft mashed potatoes, slick noodles, crispy toast. I haven't found a texture I haven't liked yet lol.
    Ok.... maybe tres leches cake. I'm not a fan of soggy bread. But that's the only one I can think of lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Unsettling PhilterBold PhilterChibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,970.50
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    The flaky texture of baked pastries (flaky pie crust, biscuits, scones, baklava)
    Thin chewy chocolate chip cookies when they are still warm
    The way that a rare steak melts into your mouth
    The little bit of ice that makes it into a margarita... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. La Vouivre Jaune

La Vouivre Jaune a fluffy wyvern
    Dragon Hoarder

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ137.38
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    soft fatty pork jerky, the fat part of bacon, melted cheese, boba or whatever those little burst in your mouth things are, deer backstrap fried in olive oil, yogurt, really moist cake

12. erens

erens Hatchling
    'Kinbook User

Chibi Stawberry
    Bones:
    Ƀ294.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Whatever you consider the texture of watermelon and the texture of strawberries. Also, the texture of a really juicy red apple.
     Eren  

13. humminghawk

humminghawk Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ198.26
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Crunch... crunch... crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch.

Yeah, definitely crunchy. Carrots are my favorite food right now. I'm pescatarian, but I've had the thought that I love crunchy foods because they remind me of the crunch of bone.

I also like chewy. And sticky, like nut and seed butter, the kind of food you need to wash down with a cold tasty beverage.

Peace,
    Devin

14. Xavier

Xavier Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ402.88
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :oldman:
    I love creamy and foamy foods. I also like foods that you have to really bite into, and them they let out this juicy flavor. A meal fit for a prince!

15. CoyoteTherian

Bones:
    Ƀ0.93
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    x'D
    I love the texture of rare meat and crunchy bacon

16. Kerguelen

Kerguelen Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ261.80
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    The texture of well-made fish. Dry, tough fish is kind of gross. I like mine plump and juicy, like I can just put it in my mouth and not have to do much chewing.
    This is making me hungry for some well-made fish.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,343.14
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Al dente pasta is the *best* thing. Seriously, I'll eat plain pasta like that just for the texture of it!

I like watermelon too, partly because of the texture, and partly because it's the only food I've ever found that really reminds me of eating as a wolf (y'know, sticking your whole damn face in a smelly carcass for noms, because that's totally a desirable thing) - only when I've got a really big slice of it though. That + the colour + the juice going everywhere... best food for shifts. Haha, I'm so weird.

Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks that, though.

18. DarkKo

DarkKo Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ331.81
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Totally agree on the watermelon thing. I love it but it always makes a huge mess and gets all over my face.

19. madghost

madghost Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ39.65
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :winkytongue:
    I love crunchy or harder foods. Hard candies, fresh veggies, fried food, and frozen food are some of my favorites! I love the way it feels when they crunch when i'm eating them since it's kind of like eating bones when i was dragon
     Hal  

20. fellowtraveler

Black Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ23.05
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Ohhh, gosh, thick soups. Like, potato soup, tomato soup, and chowders. Brothy soups are nice, but they don't fill you up as much, you know? Thick soups just feel so comforting and warm.

Also, potatoes. I'm a sucker for starch in general but potatoes have such a nice texture. They're squishy, but not slimy.