Zootopia | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Zootopia

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by BirdMonster, Jan 7, 2016.

1. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I am so excited about this new movie! It is coming out March 4th and the furry community is in love. I am hoping there might be a bird anthro in there.

If you haven't seen the trailers yet...

So, who else is excited?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Telegdrian

Telegdrian Alien Equitaur
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.35
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Definitely one that is going into the collection. Love the sloths.

3. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Lol at the wolves :laughwolf: and that fox is just so smug, I love it! I'm looking forward to seeing this.

4. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ518.56
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Several of us are really looking forward to this movie. It looks really cool and the story the trailers seem to be hinting at seems very interesting and likely hilarious.

- Yamir (male, wild horse)

5. Enby Duck

Enby Duck Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Nice, might go see it myself. And what I mean by that I mean as in I'm just going to
    wait if I can rent it on redbox because I'm broke and I can't just walk into theaters.
    I'll definitely see it once I get the chance :p

6. Kitsu

Kitsu Kapptsune

Bones:
    Ƀ127.02
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    I'm really stroke to see it. I just hope it gets good ratings!

7. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ916.95
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    Really looking forward to seeing this! :excitedwolf:

8. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.86
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I heard about this movie a while back and am extremely excited for it. I haven't seen the trailers yet (none were out when I first heard of it) but if there's a snow leopard in there I think I'll be even more excited, haha.

9. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ357.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I'm so very excited for this movie! I'm excited for so many things this year! It's going to be awesome!

10. Castellamare

Castellamare little hen
    Dragon

White Winged AngelFerocious Blue WyvernBrown GriffinMale LionBuckDoeBlack CatFemale LionMustangSpotted BuckSpotted DoeRainbow BuckRainbow DoeBlue GriffinSharkCrowGrey RaptorRed RaptorWhite Feathered RaptorGreen RaptorOrange RaptorOtherkin HeptagramWuffyFerocious Alabaster Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ141.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Oh my goodness I am excited.
    I saw one of the first ads for it and my friend and I started making furry related jokes, haha
    Wow! Good point on the bird! I think there is a pigeon though?

11. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    2016 is going to be the year of the furry. That said, I am looking forward to it, it might be funny.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Nod

Nod Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ3.28
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    Actually pretty excited for this movie, and all the others coming out soon. Gonna be a great year!

13. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Just so I can share some more of my excitement, I found this at the movies
    [​IMG]
    There were more animals but my dad didn't fit them all in the picture (oops)

• Like Like x 4
  14. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Huh...I forgot I made this thread and then people started noticing it since it was one of the last posts made on the backup.

Well, I saw the movie a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Compared to other Disney films, this was probably the best one I saw in a while. It was very up to date with confronting social and politic issues, mostly to do with racism and being yourself. As an example of one moment was when an elephant refused to give ice cream to a fox because, he says as pulling out a sign, "We have the right to refuse service to anyone." Needless to say, my dad and I turned to each other, shocked, because we had just discussed that morning after watching the news how there is that law that a religious person can deny service to those who conflict with their beliefs. I even heard a few gasps and surprised comments from both kids and adults. The movie was also very good at tackling racism with the growing fear of predators because of just a select few individuals who acted out and a mislead conclusion.

Though most people had the whole thought this movie was just for furries, I think everyone needs to see this movie. It gives you one big new perspective of the world.

It's also hilarious. Being the oldest "kid" in the audience, I was worried it wouldn't be that great but oh god I laughed so hard I was crying for a good five minutes at one point. A group in front of us were laughing so hard that when we left the theater, they were still cracking up on the way to car. No matter what age you are, you will laugh.

And just to add, there were no bird anthros. It was entirely mammals which was a bit disappointing but I can understand. Mammals are the majority and designing birds to somehow have hands in an accurate way would be a bit hard.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vyktoria

Vyktoria Chrysocyon Cutie
    Staff Member Guardian

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,104.98
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I saw this movie a few weeks ago and loved it. I laughed, I cried, it moved me. :)

Would definitely recommend!

16. House of Chimeras

Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ518.56
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We also saw this movie a few weeks ago. The only thing we were bummed about was that we were unable to go see it with the other local furries as planned. (A bunch of local furries had talked about going to see it together, but some things happened and the local group didn't go as a group.)

However, the movie itself was amazing. Of course, the littles (young headmates) in our system LOVED it. What do you expect from kids, I guess? Of course the rest of us enjoyed it as well. It really was a good movie for all ages. It had a lot of good themes, good action, good funny moments, good moving moments, and a good message.

We're excited for when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it over and over again.

Also... someone has done a parody of "Try Everything" called "Buy Everything." It's hilarious -

- Miushra (female, prehistoric cheetah-like feline)

17. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I was hoping I could go with some local furries, too! However, I don't know any and and those I did find that were going as open groups weren't nearby. Either way, I still had fun. I did spot a person in the audience who had a tail so you can say I wasn't entirely alone.

18. Serious Moonlight

Serious Moonlight Hatchling
    Christian KinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ227.52
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I need to see this movie! I'd heard about it before but I hadn't really paid much attention to it until Game Theory did an episode on it. It's not playing anywhere near me sadly, but I'll be snapping it up as soon as it's out on DVD.

• Like Like x 1
  19. House of Chimeras

Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ518.56
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Oh we saw that video! It's very cool. Actually a lot of those kind of videos about the movie are rather that way.

The DVD is supposed to come out on June 7, 2016. Don't know if that is international release or just the US release, but that isn't too far away. We can't wait to get to watch it again.

- Lunatani (female, feral dog)

20. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.86
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Having seen the movie now I have to say it is now one of my favourite movies of all time. The story was a hundred times better than I imagined and to be honest I thought it was really going to be one big furry thing (which I certainly wouldn't complain about) but it really had some good morals to the story and a well-thought out plot.

I have to admit there were a few times I broke down in tears, but far more times it really made me laugh and smile. It really was an emotional rollercoaster and went in depth about prejudice, stereotyping, racism (or, should I say speciesism) and how the "ideal city" is never as perfect as it looks on the surface. I won't go into detail because I don't want to give away any spoilers, but honestly, you need to see it.

It is 100% worth a watch.