Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Adaire

What is Everyone Doing for Halloween/Samhain?

34 posts in this topic

Halloween is coming up and I was just curious as to what is everyone doing during the holiday? I mean as a witch, I'll be celebrating it as Samhain and doing many moon and energy related spells. ^3^ I'm curious as to if you're going to a party, going trick or treating or what else? I'm very excited to hear back from you guys :D

We don't celebrate Halloween here (Australia). Some people have been trying to get it to happen "for the children", but it doesn't even make sense as October is the middle of spring here.

Haha, this probably isn't the type of response you were hoping for :P but at least I can take advantage of all the cheap lollies in the shops and horror movie marathons on tv.

I'll either be out Trick-Or-Treating with my friends or we're going back to their house and see what we can get away with. :fallenleaf:

Probably do something with my girlfriend, go to a party or something not sure yet. I'll probably also take my little cousin trick-or-treating. There's this really beautiful artistic wolf mask I'm looking to buy that I'd be wearing. I really like the message of Halloween, the whole making light of people's fears (Darkness, the unknown, monsters, etc), the idea of becoming your fears or what you fantasize to be(dressing up), the concept of embracing your dark side, embracing "magic", becoming more comfortable with death. There's actually a deep message to it when you really look at it. Also my wild wolfish behaviors that are normally hidden from day to day can be let out more and excused as "Oh it's because it's Halloween" lol.

I'm working most of the day, but I'll probably carve some pumpkins and decorate the house a little. I more celebrate Autumn rather than Halloween as a holiday, for example enjoying seasonal food and filling the house with acorns, horse chestnuts, squashes etc.

Usually Trey and I attend a party at our friends house, but this year they are not throwing it. Makes me sad, I love dressing up for halloween.

Usually, my best friend would have a graveyard picnic and invite me and my girlfriend, but unfortunately she has moved to Atlanta. I'm not sure what my girlfriend and I will be doing, but we're definitely going to at least dress up. I've been visiting haunted houses all October.

If Halloween were even a day earlier, I could be doing all sorts of things at both of my jobs. I want to go as Spock! I can pin my ears tighter for a few weeks and see if they take.

But sadly, it's on a Saturday, and I have to be Jewish that day. And every Saturday. So I'll be sitting at home and reading as I usually do. But maybe I'll read scary things, like my book about php, MySQL, and JavaScript. That can be sort of scary.

Probably stay home, and watch Halloween-y movies with friends online. Maybe eat some candy. Going out to places isn't really my thing. :p

I want to go as Spock!

YES! I already said several times I want a Star Trek mini dress for Halloween! SO BAD!!!!!

I will most likely be working. Then after getting home, drinking something orange. With lots of alcohol content.

We don't celebrate Halloween in Mexico- we celebrate "The day of the dead" here, celebrated since Aztec times.

It a tradition in which we make altars for any dead relatives. We set up a table with all things they liked when they were alive (for example, toys if the person died during childhood), sugar skulls and a picture of them.. We also light candles and burn incense so that the scent and light guides them back home. The legend says that on the night, they come back home, guided by the candles and incense. They "suck" the flavour and scent the out of the food.On November 1, the adult spirits come to visit on All saints day. November 2 is All Souls' Day, and it's a tradition to go decorate the tombs of deceased relatives.

Actually, it is one of the most cheerful holidays here, contrary to remembering dead and relatives. The main rule is no crying- they say that makes the spirits sad. I am probably going to my grandparents house in Xochimilco to decorate my great grandparents tomb, and also making an altar at their home. I am also probably making a smaller one for my deceased cat.

I am really looking forward to it.

I'm going to dress up as a Sherlock Holmes/Victorian-esque detective, hopefully. I'm not sure if I'll do anything special since most of my family will be doing seperate things and I don't have any friends to hang out with... If anything, I'll just hang out and watch Halloween specials of shows and horror gameplay :D

I'm going to dress up (not sure what I want to be yet) and either go to my friend's Halloween party or help watch over my sister and 8 other cousins while trick or treating, and if I get sick I'm watching Tim Burton movies and anything spooky I can find on Netflix and Hulu and eat some of the hidden candy

I'm going to stay home, dress in all black, and lay in my front yard to scare trick or treaters. It's good to have hobbies.

I'm going to dress up as well and walk my twin cousins around to trick or treat! I have the coat, stockings, and boots from this outfit here and a dragon claw necklace to be all in fashion for the event (I may even wear my red wrist riding glow-in-the-dark armored dragon). I'm going to have them give me some candy, of course. Never trick a dragon for free favors, am I right?

I'll be doing absolutely nothing interesting. Most likely either drawing and playing with PS4 (Dying Light. Awesome zombie survival game xD). Just meh stuff.

Good evening! I was wondering what you all were planning for halloween, if anything! I handed out some candy and dressed up like a deer, and we were allowed to dress up at work so i went as the Winter Soldier (i have a cool long-sleeved shirt with a robotic-looking sleeve) but nobody recognized me UnU

I'm probably going to binge watch Over the Garden Wall with one of my bonds after I shower! So, what are you all doing tonight? c: