Small issue with the report system - ❌​​​​​​​ Rejected Suggestions - Kinmunity Jump to content

Small issue with the report system

Posted (edited)

So, I was told "Please also ensure that when utilising the report system, it is used appropriately to highlight posts which break the site rules." What exactly is the purpose of "This post is fine but I want to talk to a mod about it" if that isn't utilizing the report system appropriately? I think it should be removed if that's how it works since clearly such a use isn't appropriate.

Edited by Metakka

He/him | Therian | Fictionkin

Wild things can't get comfortable

I'm pretty sure that option is for things like having a post moved to another area of the forums if it would fit better there, or for reporting your own post using that option if you want something edited/removed but are now unable to do so yourself. ^-^

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

Posted (edited)

@Effervescent-Daydream

Well, then it needs to be made clear. A small note in parentheses by it or something. Though, I should be allowed to report people who give off bad vibes (I'm right 99.9% of the time) and recommend they be watched even if they are following the rules

Edited by Metakka

He/him | Therian | Fictionkin

Wild things can't get comfortable

@Metakka

While it does follow the rules if you want to tell a mod about the member who posted it (by leaving a reason as to why you reported it), the report button is mainly aimed at handling issues with specific posts, rather than users (immediately problematic users like trolls will rack up lots of post reports, so they’ll be brought to our attention immediately, which tackles both a post and user report by nature).

If you have an issue with a specific user however, it would be better to PM a mod with that problem, in order to facilitate a discussion, since a user-to-mod discussion isn’t possible on a post report.

• Like 2

- panthera onca -

Hello; the report system is for two very specific purposes

• Informing our staff team of content that violates our Terms of Use.
  • Informing our staff team when you wish to edit or remove your own content after the time limit has passed. (hence the "this post is ok" option)

That message indicates that it is not a general purpose communication method to reach our staff. For all other inquiries, use our support ticket system.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:22 PM, Metakka said:

Though, I should be allowed to report people who give off bad vibes (I'm right 99.9% of the time) and recommend they be watched even if they are following the rules

Excuse me for being incredibly blunt, but why would we allow this? As you are probably aware, Kinmunity was built with safety and security in mind. I myself am extremely security conscious and am all for any ideas that make our site safer for all. However, engaging in surveillance of users without a warning sign which you can articulate as suspicious, when they are not violating our Terms of Use, simply allows our staff team to be used as tools of harassment and intimidation against parties who are involved in a dispute, or worse, enables profiling. If there is a safety threat to our site that you have evidence of (ex. known troll, sexual predator in the community who's been on other sites, etc.), you are encouraged to submit a support ticket with evidence to the guardians to inform them of such matters. We take prompt action on such reports, but baseless accusations without evidence aren't welcome.

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!