Shiro

RFC: eHowls (Scheduled Chats)

Shiro    434

In a similar fashion to what we did on Wulf Howl, we would like to have a scheduled gathering in our chatroom. On Wulf Howl, we found that the best way to do these chats has been to do them twice a week with alternating times in order to accommodate people's schedules so that everyone could participate. However, this presented a lot of problems as it required the staff members to guarantee hours of their time for essentially two arbitrary days out of their week. We would like to bring back the scheduled chats, but would probably have to do it on a monthly or once-every-other-week basis. Before we begin planning these meetings, we would like some input from the community. Below, you will find a link to a survey regarding the timing for eHowls. If you complete it, you will receive fifty bones.

Survey has closed, no new responses needed

Click here to view the survey results!

Mirath    284

I would, but I can't because my shift times change each week, so there's no recurring time I could be available week by week

Nyht Myst    62

With family my schedule is normally chaotic and I don't know for sure when I'll be available, but I put the days that most commonly have free time for me.

Dinocanid    26

I answered. Since school gets in the way a lot, I'm best towards the end of the week. Also why not make weekends a choice instead of just Monday through Friday?

Allos    94

I filled it out, should be available every night/late night for my time zone barring not getting too much work (put it down as evening on the form as you wanted for est).

Raijun    25

Any and all evenings are best for me. Anything past 7 PM EST, generally. The only thing to randomize that is a late family supper.

Sekhmet    5

Completed. My schedule will vary depending on what kind of homework I have, but I generally have more free time at the end of the week. There are a lot of people at my house each weekend, though, so I might hang out with them if I know them. My schedule isn't really set, to be honest.

Zen'akufuni    35

I wasn't a member of Wulf Howl, so I'm not familiar with scheduled chats. Does anything special occur during them, or do they have varying purposes or themes? Or, are they simply a way to get as many members together as possible for general socializing?

It's really difficult for me to know when I might be available. I never know what might be going on any given night, and it's not always possible for me to sit at my computer for prolonged periods of time. If I am able to make it, I'll try, but it will always depend on constantly evolving factors that are difficult for me to control.

I wasn't a member of Wulf Howl, so I'm not familiar with scheduled chats. Does anything special occur during them, or do they have varying purposes or themes? Or, are they simply a way to get as many members together as possible for general socializing?

I am wondering the same thing.

Shiro    434

We have received enough survey responses to make a decision. The first scheduled eHowl will be held on a Friday at 6:30 PM

Those who submitted the survey properly have been awarded fifty bones. Thank you for participating!