Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Norintha

Weird habits or opinions?

49 posts in this topic

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people can talk about the things they think or do that most people don't understand. We all have those weird hang ups so why not be able to talk about them? For example, I like to keep my room super cluttered because if its clean, it feels too big and empty and I hate it. People think I'm just making that up to be lazy but I'm not lying.

I lick the cup! For example, if I'm drinking a hot beverage (coffee, tea), when I take a sip I have to lick the cup. It started out as a way to keep drips off of the cup... now it's more or less habitual. I also nest... like, I'll take pillows and blankets and build a nest around myself and my mate (or just around myself if we're on the couch). This will happen especially if I'm sleep deprived... just switches on like a default setting.

Since I've awakened as therian and sang vampire I eat lots of garlic and onions, on literally everything. It's weird. I didn't do it before.

Sometimes I accidentally purr when something goes right,can't really control it anymore. And like Faelwynn,I make pillow nests. :v

Sometimes I accidentally purr when something goes right,can't really control it anymore. And like Faelwynn,I make pillow nests. :v

I purr as well

When I have a shiny object I must work to keep it shiny, if some one touches it and I see a smudge or fingerprint than I clean the entire thing until it shines; its the whole 'must take care of precious' thing.

I wish I could purr, never could get the hang of that vocalisation.

I'm another who likes to make a nest. As a child I'd bundle all my bedding up creating a little cosy hole as small as possible for me to sleep in. I don't do it so often these days, since sharing a bed with my partner, however if I'm ill or cold or sad I still nest, it's like a comfort thing for me.

I like organised clutter. I like things to be out and readily available (not to the point of being really bad, just, a bit cluttered with my most used items). If there's a pile of stuff on the table and I want, say, nail clippers, I know they're just under the left edge of that book. Once I start to tidy things away, even in the most organised way I can, I can never find anything.

I communicate mainly through body language, I much prefer body language to speaking. I've never been that great with conversations, especially not the general chitchat people seem to enjoy. Around those I'm close to, I very rarely speak.

I have a little noise I make when searching for things. Anything lost; a pen, book, letter, my partner, whatever I can't immediately see and want to find. :p I think it's similar to a cat calling for kittens.

I communicate mainly through body language, I much prefer body language to speaking. I've never been that great with conversations, especially not the general chitchat people seem to enjoy. Around those I'm close to, I very rarely speak.

I have this god awful habit of reading people's body language and using that as a basis of response more than what they've said... for people with a disconnect with their body language (as in they just say things and don't bother with their body language) this is distressing...I, myself, find it distressing when I'm throwing body language at people like mad and they can't read it and don't take the hint... awkward.

I also use various noises to convey emotion. I feel it's more accurate than my facial expressions which never seem expressive enough to me.

I like organised clutter. I like things to be out and readily available (not to the point of being really bad, just, a bit cluttered with my most used items). If there's a pile of stuff on the table and I want, say, nail clippers, I know they're just under the left edge of that book. Once I start to tidy things away, even in the most organised way I can, I can never find anything.

lol Like organized chaos basically?

I wish I could purr, never could get the hang of that vocalisation.

I'm another who likes to make a nest. As a child I'd bundle all my bedding up creating a little cosy hole as small as possible for me to sleep in. I don't do it so often these days, since sharing a bed with my partner, however if I'm ill or cold or sad I still nest, it's like a comfort thing for me.

I have a little noise I make when searching for things. Anything lost; a pen, book, letter, my partner, whatever I can't immediately see and want to find. :p I think it's similar to a cat calling for kittens.

I do a lot of those things as well when it comes to clutter. And a lot of times I communicate through grunts or meows. I'm not even cat therian but its what feels comfortable when I cant find words for what I'm feeling

@Faelwynn I use various noises at times also. It is annoying when people don't understand what I'm trying to say. I'll admit it doesn't help that my phantoms often get used in communication, which unfortunately makes a lot of my body language invisible.

I believe that most of my dragon based communication was non-verbal/telepathic and the noise just adds emphasis... but there's a lot of it to be sure xD

If drinking from a glass I have to put my lips on the same place each time, I prefer glasses with non repeating or symmetrical patterns because it's easier to keep track of.

I wear a ring with an opal on my right hand, and I'm constantly running the opal along my bottom lip. It feels really nice.

The most stand out-ish thing I do that people always worry about (Especially customers at my work) is how absolutely WIDE my eyes get.

While I am thinking I dent to Perk up and intently listen in...Unfortunately this causes my face to harden, forehead to wrinkle and eyes to absolutely glare wildly as I think and plan ahead and sometimes am over whelmed so I go into flight mode which causes the absent glaring lol people have often stopped what they are saying and ask if I am ok, I then have to focus again and say yes before continuing to derp face into focus XD

I have a habit that I've picked up off my cats and that's to chirrup a greeting to people instead of saying hello. My cats do it to me so I just got into the habit of doing it back to them and now I do it to people I know too!

I make random noises at my friends when they walk into a room, just a random vocalization like "mye" or "peh" or things like that. Similar to @Tammikuu, I probably picked it up from repeating noises back at my pets. I only do this to specific people in my friend group, though, so the people I'm most comfortable being around. And they're usually the type of people who have also grown up imitating their pets' noises, so they tend to answer in kind.

I also give a halfhearted "ouch" whenever I hit something unexpectedly, even if the action didn't remotely hurt whatsoever (example: If I bump vaguely against the wall I'll say "ouch" in a completely flat tone).

I give a soft headbutt to my friends and family when I see them as a sort of hello

I also give a halfhearted "ouch" whenever I hit something unexpectedly, even if the action didn't remotely hurt whatsoever (example: If I bump vaguely against the wall I'll say "ouch" in a completely flat tone).

I do the same thing! I've told my friends and family that if they hear me say " ouch/ow" then I'm fine... if something happens and I don't make a noise, then you should probably be prepared to call for an ambulance...

I'll occasionally start unconsciously whispering in Enochian or something close to it. I'll often go for half an hour or more until someone points it out. I never say anything intelligible, it's just random whispering.

I talk to other animals and people the same way I talk to my dog.

People will never understand the importance of having pokemon plushies at my age. (24)

I like to carry things in my mouth sometimes, I don't know why, I just like it.

Sometimes when I'm outside walking, I will yell out "people are disgusting!" or "people are so stupid!" or "don't people know what a trash can is?!" that's because I saw a dog poo on the street or trash or other disgusting things. If my dog is with me I tell him "people are being so disgusting! don't you agree?" dog poo on the street is the worst or chewing-gum, it gets stuck under his paws..

Oh, I do something similar, but instead of saying ouch, I say hello to whatever I bumped into.

Hello wall, hey lamp, etc... xD

I tend to say ouch if I did something that hurt someone else. Like, if I accidentally stood on someone's toe.

Sometimes when I walk I'll lift the soles of my feet completely off of the ground and walk with only my toes touching the ground. Most of the time I do this when I'm trying to be quiet, I make almost no sound at all if I do. I also do it when I run, because then I'm a lot faster. I also love to rub my cheek against things alot. Like my pillow before I fall asleep or things that have interesting textures. I also greet animals like that.

I also love to rub my cheek against things alot. Like my pillow before I fall asleep or things that have interesting textures.

I also rub my cheek on my pillow before sleep, and sometimes i'll rub it on the top of my sons head or my fiance's shoulder or something.

For those who know me well on Skype, Discord, or the Chat room, I often say rawr out loud when i'm bored and can't think of anything else to say lol, it's not just an online thing.

I often do weird fidgety things with my fingers, like rub the tip of one finger over the top of the nail of another, or rub the inside of my thumb and pinky together.

If i'm sitting inside, I must always have my lap covered with something, either a pillow or blanket, no matter how hot it is.

Ever since my son was born i've gotten in to the habit of constantly swaying side to side like how I used to put him to sleep, that almost never puts him to sleep anymore but I still do it when I'm not thinking about it.

It would take me way too long to go in to my weird food habits or things I do to/with my fiance' only (like the way we crinkle our nose at each other as a sign of affection.)

I also have a lot of strange things I like to do less often, like my fascination with cleaning other peoples ears, which I know is extremely gross to some people lol. I don't know why I like doing it but I always have. I also memorize lyrics in other languages, mostly Russian, for fun every now and then.

I'm sure there's tons more but that's all I can think of right now.

I also say "ouch" or "ow" when I bump into things. Or if I'm hit by something, even if it's barely just a tap. More commonly, however, I'll just look at the object and say "really?" in the most bothered, annoyed, grumpy-butt tone I can. I also tell inanimate objects to "stay" or "stop" if they move or have fallen over more than once. Sometimes I outright ask the inanimate object "Are you going to behave now?" That one gets me a lot of weird looks, lol.

Sometimes when I walk I'll lift the soles of my feet completely off of the ground and walk with only my toes touching the ground. Most of the time I do this when I'm trying to be quiet, I make almost no sound at all if I do. I also do it when I run, because then I'm a lot faster. I also love to rub my cheek against things alot. Like my pillow before I fall asleep or things that have interesting textures. I also greet animals like that.
I walk on my toes all the time! I always think it is normal, but then when people ask me why I do it...I have no answer lol. Just feels normal.

Dawn: I hiss at cars that get too close and advance in attack mode.

Emerald: I talk to nature, animals and objects.

That's about all we can think of :)