Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

WolfToast

Stuff you watched as a kid

29 posts in this topic

As the title says, what did you use to watch when you were a lil kid?

As for myself, I used to watch Winx Club, 31 Minutos, Ruby Gloom, Magical Princess Minky Momo, Bear in the Big Nlue house, Hi-5 and many others that have been sadly forgotten.

Let's share those memories from when we were kids!

There's a huge list of this for me, I'll put my favorite series on here. A lot of these I actually re-watch or own DVDs/VHS/media of because of the nostalgia.

Young Child

• Pokemon
  • Blue's Clues
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Jackie Chan Adventures
  • Courage The Cowardly Dog
  • Scooby Doo
  • Hey Arnold!
  • CatDog
  • Wild Thorn-berries
  • Captain Planet
  • Freakazoid
  • Aaah! Real Monsters
  • Rugrats
  • Doug
  • Rugrats
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Bear In The Big Blue House

Older Child

• Most of the stuff listed under "young child" I still watched.
  • Code Lyoko
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Danny Phantom
  • All Grown Up
  • As Told By Ginger
  • CatScratch

There's others I've probably forgotten.

Man, I used to love Ruby Gloom! I watched a lot of the shows mentioned by you two, but I also watched Play School, Bananas in Pyjamas, Blinky Bill, and a whole bunch of educational shows that I can't remember. The ABC used to have a block of kids edutainment that listed a few hours everyday, and I just ate it up. My favourite ones were the maths shows (when I was a wee tot I actually wanted to be a mathematician).

I do not remember liking "my little pony" but I watched several home videos of me as a child where my mom would record me watching it.

She tried desperately to make me look at her and finally when I did I gave a "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" face and continued to watch.

Mind you I was 2 in these videos, I have no recollection of even watching the show growing up but perhaps there was a reason I couldn't be bothered while watching it only to be realized so many years later lolol

Oh there was all kinds of stuff. Pokemon, Winx Club, Code Lyoko, Teen Titans. Also Bob the Builder, Max and Ruby, Clifford, Caillou, Sagwa, The Wild Thornberries, Rugrats, CatDog, Recess, Hamtaro (on the rare occasions when it was on), Yugioh (my sister was obsessed with it- I only watched a few episodes with her), Zoids, Totally Spies, Rocket Power, and Spongebob. Oh yeah, there was also Zacht Bell. And Blue's Clues, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Jimmy Neutron, Bear in the Big Blue House, Out of the Box, Hey Arnold, Fairy Oddparents, Dragon Tails, The Proud Family, Stanley, Arthur, Barney, Zooboomafoo, Ed Edd n Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Johnny Bravo, The Brave Little Toaster, Dexter's Laboratory, American Dragon Jake Long, Billy and Mandy, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Dragon Ball Z, Little Bear, Franklin, PB&J Otter, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, Rolie Polie Olie, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, Danny Phantom, LazyTown, Static Shock, The Wiggles, Little Bill, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Cyberchase, Zoom, Krypto the Superdog, Shiloh, Harold and the Purple Crayon, and that one series of animated movies with the talking animals (I can't remember the name and it's driving me insane).

...I think that's all of em. Sorry this turned into a long-ass list...

I really liked Blue's Clues,Pokemon(indigo league :>),and The Wiggles. My cousin thinks that they look like they should be in Star Trek.

Kid:

Cyber Chase

Veggie Tales

Authur

All those ol' PBS shows

Rolly Polly(?)

Big Blue House (that show with the orange bear)

Wonder Pets

Backyardians

Teen Titans and Airbender before my mom banned them.

Tween, aka the time I discovered anime and my own edginess thanks to old YouTube.

Invader ZIM

Pokémon Indigo League

DN Angel

Beyblade G Force

Naruto

There's probably more edgy anime but those are the ones I remember.

I remember watching the animated Redwall series when I was little (like 4 or 5), as well as Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat.

I used to watch and still do watch a lot of these:

Thunderbirds

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Animals of Farthing Wood

Mummies Alive

The Wild Thornberries

Tail Spin

The Silver Brumby

I'm sure there are loads more I just can't think of them all right now!

Voltron, Thundercats, He-Man, The Tick, Ducktails, Tail Spin, Robotech, Tranzor Z, Ultraman, Knightrider, GI Joe, TMNT, Munsters, Adams Family, Giligans Island... So many and so many I have forgotten

I guess it's time to list the cartoons no one here has ever seen ;) Plus, there wasn't such a thing as a cartoon channel back then, yet still had plenty to watch throughout the day and on Saturday morning.

(All are original versions (OST) unless otherwise noted.)

Trans-Lux:

The Mighty Hercules (not Disney)

Speed Racer

Felix the Cat

Terrytoons:

Heckle and Jeckle

Mighty Mouse

Luno the White Stallion,

and others I watched yet weren't favorites.

Noveltoons:

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Herman and Katnip

Little Audrey

Baby Huey

Warner Brothers:

Looney Tunes

Merrie Melodies

Jay Ward Productions:

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Fractured Fairy Tales

Peabody's Improbable History

Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties

Aesop and Son

Bullwinkle's Corner

Mr. Know-It-All

The World of Commander McBragg

Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales

Total Television:

Underdog

Klondike Kat

Cambria Productions:

Clutch Cargo

Space Angel

Filmation:

The Archie Show

Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies

The Sabrina The Teenage Witch Show

Archie's TV Funnies

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids

Star Trek, The Animated Series

The New Adventures of Superman

The Adventures of Superboy

Aquaman

Hanna-Barbera Studios:

Johnny Quest

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

Jeannie (animated version of "I Dream of Jeannie")

and all of the other HB cartoons that are too numerous to list!

1957–69 (from Wikipedia)

Ok. I am really going to date myself here. When I was growing up we got a grand total of 3 tv stations, and one of them was intermittent and fuzzy. The shows I remember are Bugs Bunny and Road Runner hour, Flintstones, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Mr. Dressup, and Sesame Street.

I am still a big fan of animation and have quite an extensive collection of DVDs.

My favorite tv series was The Animals of Farthing Wood.

I also remember watching The Magic Roundabout, Clangers, Rugrats, Arthur, The Queens Nose, Fun House, Gladiators and Round the Twist. And something I can't remember the name of, I want to call it Down by the River but I think that was actually just a line from the opening song, I think it was about a boy who lived on a riverboat, though I honestly can't remember now.

I also remember watching Birds of a Feather, Keeping up Appearances, Faulty Towers, The Good Life, The Brittas Empire, Only Fools and Horses, and One Foot in the Grave, which weren't kids shows but my mum watched them and I enjoyed them.

Most of these are probably from the older sections of my childhood, I've never had a good memory and much of my younger years are lost.

My childhood was spent watching Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Muppets, Fraggle Rock, the Backyardigans, anything Barbie, and loads of Disney. All in all, pretty fun! The older years of my childhood (I am a teenager, I'm unsure what is being counted as childhood) have been spent more focused on animes.

Wild Discovery, The Wild Thornberries, Gargoyles, Pokemon (when it first aired), Thundercats, Swat Cats, Arthur, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, My Little Pony (G1), Blue’s Clues, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Captain Planet, and others.

- Ocean Touched (big ender, blue glaucus and frilled shark)

Oh wow, I read some of the answers here and it makes me feel kinda old now. I grew up watching Care Bears, Tom & Jerry, Strawberry Shortcake, the first version of My Little Pony, The Smurfs, Dragon Ball, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Ranma 1/2, InuYasha, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sister Sister...just to name a few.

My little pony (the old, terrible edition) , W.I.T.C.H, American Dragon, BATFINK, Art Attack, Wild Thornberries, Avatar:tLA, Spongebob, Pokemon, BRATZ, Phineas and Ferb

and many other CBBC, Nickelodeon, Jetix, and Boomerang shows, though now my tastes are more refined to cartoon network

Jeeze, there's a lot!

Code Lyoko, Spongebob, CatDog, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Doug, Pokemon, As Told by Ginger, Winx Club, Chowder, Rugrats, Wild Thornberries, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Loony Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Max and Ruby, Dragon Ball Z, and possibly much more!

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Bugs Bunny, The Wild Thornberries, etc. cartoon wise but I also watched Cops, WWE, Nascar and things of that nature with my Dad.

Later on I watched Chowder and Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. :P

[media]

[/media]

Need I say anymore?

Ok, well I guess I do, that and the old Battletech cartoon, Captain Planet, allot of old super robot anime, a bit of Thundercats.

Would be mainly Dutch shows since I watched them more then English shows.

Dutch shows (a pretty good chance people outside the Netherlands may never heard of with Belgium as a exception)

De Lama's ( Dutch comedy show)

Sesamstraat ( not sure how it is called in English)

Dora the explorer (Dutch version) This one is also known in English right?

Bassie en Adriaan

Ernst & Bobbie en de rest

Kabouter Plop

De Smurfen

Probably more I cannot think of right now

Man, good times...

I may or may not have become obsessed with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

I raced home after school with friends to watch the Warner Brothers Batman cartoon, and Saturday morning cartoons culminated in "Spider man" and "The Uncanny X-Men," and who can forget Gargoyles?

I was so obsessed that I dragged my mother to the movie.

Let's see what else did I watch...

-X-Men (cartoon)

-Thundercats

-Eureka's Castle

-The Smurfs

-The Snorks

-Gargoyles

-Rugrats

-Ah! Real Monsters

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

-Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can recall off the top of my head.

Man, good times...

I raced home after school with friends to watch the Warner Brothers Batman cartoon, and Saturday morning cartoons culminated in "Spider man" and "The Uncanny X-Men," and who can forget Gargoyles?

How could I forget those. The Spiderman theme song still gets stuck in my head to this day. "Spider bite, spider bite, radioactive spider bite."